Closed Thread

Old 08-11-17, 07:05 AM   #3541
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
This is not about right or left, there is and has been a power structure in this country for a long time, motivated mainly by globalist policies and money. The two parties are part of the same power structure, but it masters with competing interests. Bernie found that out in the primary, when the chosen one was selected to run the primary. People do have votes and some power, but in past population was far easier to control, manipulate etc.

Deep state is the powerful interests that have required us to pursue globalists policies at the expense of the american worker, act as the world's beat cop keeping us in perpetual war.

Population is more difficult to control now than in the past. A lot of people are awake, and voted in the one person they can not control. Why ? Trump has enough money, he can't be purchased. Skeletons we don't know about? None.

They are scared because he will no longer allow us to surrender to the false song of globalism(great line of his). Plans to stop the foolish, wreckless immigration and trade policies. Stop allowing us to be bullied around the world. Actually confront and defeat the savages of isis. Stop coddling those who follow the ideology of the enemy.

With a twitter account, he has made the established press largely irreleavant and shown the congress is a useless band of idiots.

Finally, we have a President pursuing America First. Reagan was a good man but like many, once in he decided to play within the system. People like Clinton who meant well, were purchased with ease. That is the issue, most people, especially those who would have never dreamed to have such wealth love the status and perks. Trump finally decided to run to make a real difference.

Last time anyone tried and really resisted deep state, he was executed in 1963. JFK refused to let the deep state get us in a nuclear war and was against their banking cartels. People know the truth about that, many accept it.

They are doing everything they can to try and bring down this President, who really is our obi wan, our only hope.

All that and, you know what?...

In the primaries, more Republicans voted for candidates other than Trump than those who voted for him (44.9% Trump, 55.1% Others)...

In the Presidential Election, more voters, overall, voted for candidates other than Trump than those who voted for him (46.1% Trump, 53.9% Others) and Trump could not even achieve even a plurality...

Trump started off his term with the lowest starting approval rating in modern Presidential history and has, over the course of seven months, only seen his rating go even lower, to the low end of the 30% range, effectively making him a president with the backing of only one-third of the voters and opposed by a whopping two-thirds of the electorate...

Further disconcerting are poll results showing three-quarters of voters believe Trump is liar, something Trump actually can lay claim to as a Presidential first...

So, with all that, and more, in what way is Trump, by any measure, the "People's Choice" or in any way holding a solid mandate from the American voters and population? I fail to see any large or strong base of support for anyone who is disapproved of by 2/3 of the voters and who is thought of as a liar by 3/4 of those same people. Other than the staged, crowd controlled rallies Trump foists on the general public as "evidence" of his "popularity", when the real people in the real world gather to express their views on Trump, it is interesting to note the very large crowds enthusiastic participating in protest against Trump compared to the dismally small and listless pro-Trump turn-outs...

Trump was given a relatively easy opponent to defeat in Hillary Clinton, and he still couldn't con enough people to enable him to beat her in the popular vote...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 08-12-17 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-11-17, 07:12 AM   #3542
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Colbert is a no talent hack, alwyas has been.
That the best rebuttal you've got? Poor, weak...

<O>
Old 08-11-17, 07:17 AM   #3543
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I called several pizza places and none of them had any Deep State. They had Deep Dish. Is what what they meant by Pizzagate?
Old 08-11-17, 08:14 AM   #3544
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Before completely disregarding the whole 'deep state' thing I would suggest reading this article by Glenn Greenwald.

https://theintercept.com/2017/08/05/...to-subvert-it/

Quote:
That the U.S. has a shadowy, secretive world of intelligence and military operatives who exercise great power outside of elections and democratic accountability is not some exotic, alt-right conspiracy theory; it’s utterly elemental to understanding anything about how Washington works. It’s hard to believe that anyone on this side of a sixth grade civics class would seek to deny that.
Quote:
In terms of some of the popular terms that are often thrown around these days — such as “authoritarianism” and “democratic norms” and “U.S. traditions” — it’s hard to imagine many things that would pose a greater threat to all of that than empowering the national security state (what, before Trump, has long been called the Deep State) to exert precisely the power that is supposed to be reserved exclusively for elected officials. In sum, Trump opponents should be careful of what they wish for, as it might come true.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-11-17, 08:14 AM   #3545
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I called several pizza places and none of them had any Deep State. They had Deep Dish. Is what what they meant by Pizzagate?

^

...and be sure to ask for no anchovies, kale, pineapple...

<O>
Old 08-11-17, 08:54 AM   #3546
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
^

...and be sure to ask for no anchovies, kale, pineapple...

<O>
Don't forget "no spam" either
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-11-17, 11:19 AM   #3547
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If there is any "coup" against Trump it must consist of level-headed people who want reason and common sense to return to America
Oh it just must be because after all you know all about it right?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-11-17, 11:40 AM   #3548
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Before completely disregarding the whole 'deep state' thing I would suggest reading this article by Glenn Greenwald.
[...]
"That the U.S. has a shadowy, secretive world of intelligence and military operatives who exercise great power outside of elections and democratic accountability is not some exotic, alt-right conspiracy theory; it’s utterly elemental to understanding anything about how Washington works. It’s hard to believe that anyone on this side of a sixth grade civics class would seek to deny that. "

No, you misunderstood. I do not say that the deep state theory is wrong, i just find it hard to believe that the "deep state" consists of left-leaning supporters, considering who is supposed to be involved. From arms industry, weapon manufacturers to big oil, to banks, to the secret services. This is not the traditional left background.
I found it interesting, that just of all media like Breitbart accuses the left of creating or even being this "deep state". But what else would you expect from them. Black is white, turn it all around with lies and desinformation until people are completely confused, and then strike.

@August i do not claim to know all, i propose to read about home made state terrorism, beginning with Gladio. From the german Verfassungsschutz founded by the US to counter communism, to the stay-behind armies, to fueling state terrorism and blame it all on the left, this is not the work of the "left".

I cannot see president Trump to belong to either side though.. maybe this is the best argument for him.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 08-11-17 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-11-17, 01:32 PM   #3549
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

No, you misunderstood. I do not say that the deep state theory is wrong, i just find it hard to believe that the "deep state" consists of left-leaning supporters, considering who is supposed to be involved.
From the article I linked...

Quote:
It is often claimed that this trans-partisan, elite coalition assembled against Trump because they are simply American patriots horrified by the threat he poses to America’s noble traditions and institutions. I guess if you want to believe that the CIA, the GOP consulting class, and assorted D.C. imperialists, along with Bush-era neocons like Bill Kristol and David Frum, woke up one day and developed some sort of earnest, patriotic conscience about democracy, ethics, constitutional limits, and basic decency, you’re free to believe that. It makes for a nice, moving story: a film from the “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” genre. But at the very least, Trump’s campaign assaults on their most sacred pieties was, and remains, a major factor in their seething contempt for him.
Quote:
From arms industry, weapon manufacturers to big oil, to banks, to the secret services. This is not the traditional left background.
I would be curious to know why you would think that? Do you have any data that would prove it? Are the only rich industrialists in America conservatives?

Quote:
I found it interesting, that just of all media like Breitbart accuses the left of creating or even being this "deep state".
I don't think you read the article I posted. Political loyalty has very little to do with this so called 'deep state.' It's money and power. Trump is either knowingly or unknowingly causing it to act to protect it's own interests. It may be the only good thing he does.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-11-17, 02:57 PM   #3550
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I probably have a different view of the term "deep state", which i thought is who really controls, holds the power and is the real king maker, since decades.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-11-17, 03:24 PM   #3551
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

'deep state' its just new term for what we used to call the good ol'boy network.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 08-11-17, 04:58 PM   #3552
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
This is not about right or left, there is and has been a power structure in this country for a long time, motivated mainly by globalist policies and money.
Really? That's an interesting statement coming from someone who has always marched in lockstep with the far Right.

I have a couple of problems with your reasoning, or lack thereof.

Quote:
Skeletons we don't know about? None.
If we don't know about them, how do we know there aren't any? I'm not saying there are, or that we should even be looking. I'm just pointing out the lack of logic in that statement.

Quote:
Last time anyone tried and really resisted deep state, he was executed in 1963. JFK refused to let the deep state get us in a nuclear war and was against their banking cartels. People know the truth about that, many accept it.
You had an entire thread on this some time ago. You say "people" know the truth about it. Care to tell us which people? Any actual evidence? As for many accepting it, may also accept aliens travelling light years to visit us in secret and screw with our crops.

Quote:
With a twitter account, he has made the established press largely irreleavant and shown the congress is a useless band of idiots.
With a twitter account he has pretty much made himself look foolish. The man seems to have no self-control at all.

Quote:
Trump finally decided to run to make a real difference.
Or he finally saw a chance to grab the esteem he's always lacked.

Quote:
They are doing everything they can to try and bring down this President, who really is our obi wan, our only hope.
Obi-Wan? Really? And you say it's not about Right and Left? It sure looks that way to anyone who's not locked into one side or the other.
Old 08-11-17, 07:29 PM   #3553
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Wow and some people claimed that the Democrats thought of Obama as the Messiah. Yikes.
Old 08-11-17, 07:41 PM   #3554
vienna
Navy Seal

Deja vu, all over again...

<O>
Old 08-11-17, 07:58 PM   #3555
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

OK, that was worth repeating. This whole men in black deep state business most certainly has some truth in it, at least I find it hard to believe it doesn't exist at all, but I find it hard to believe it has any overriding power. If it did we wouldn't be talking abo....uuggg... grrrrr.......xxxxxxxxxxx

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter