Closed Thread

Old 08-03-17, 09:38 AM   #3511
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Has nothing to do with whether I agree with the post or not and everything to do with it being speculation someone pulled out of thin air with no corroborating evidence, (even in the form of hearsay). That post was right up there with the Obama birth certificate theory, and deserves nothing more than a mocking response.
On the contrary, mocking responses aren't appreciated on this forum and ideally should be refrained from.

Steve was polite in his asking so I think it best if the matter is now concluded.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 08-03-17, 02:10 PM   #3512
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Kim should fear his personal health and wellbeing from within his own ranks if and when he appears weak to his peer group.

What goes round comes round.
I think Mr. Kim is very much worried about that very same thing. Hence the myth of a dictatorship. Kim has to keep the high members of his military happy....or else.
Old 08-03-17, 03:47 PM   #3513
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Trump have a great/big/important annoncement to make in his speech at some meeting later today.

I will not speculate in what he may have to tell the American and or the World.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-03-17, 09:31 PM   #3514
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Although it is titled as a political article it is actually a very interesting and informative treatise on the ramifications of Administrative (or Deep) State.

Quote:
Trump and the Fate of the Administrative State

By M. Anthony Mills
August 03, 2017

Most of us take for granted that much of the government’s business is carried out by bureaucrats and that many of the laws that impinge upon our economic and our social lives are created and enforced not by Congress and the courts but by administrative agencies. For nearly a century, our domestic policy disagreements — over federal spending, health care, and the social safety net — have taken place against the backdrop of a government whose functions are increasingly bureaucratic, rather than political. Even the debate over government’s size, which has characterized our politics for so long, takes for granted the existence, if not the necessity, of the administrative state.
Of course, a certain amount of delegation has always been necessary for the executive to carry out the laws passed by Congress. But this modern style of governance — in which a centralized, rational bureaucracy, staffed by unelected and purportedly apolitical officials, is empowered by Congress to formulate rules and regulations — is a creature of more recent times. Scholars locate its emergence at different points in history: the creation of the civil service in the late 19th century; the rise of progressivism in early 20th-century America; the New Deal; the Great Society.
According to John Marini, however, we have to go all the way back to 19th-century Prussia to understand the origins of the administrative state. Marini, a senior fellow of the Claremont Institute and professor of political science at the University of Nevada-Reno, is the guest on the sixth and final episode of our podcast “The Future of the Administrative State.” He argues that while the terms “bureaucracy” and “administrative state” would emerge much later, the philosophical seeds of bureaucratic governance were sown in the writings of 19th-century German thinkers, such as G.W.F. Hegel, who articulated a political vision that would become essential to American politics nearly a century later.
According to these thinkers, politics is not grounded in human nature (as the ancients supposed) or natural rights (as America’s founders maintained) but in society itself, which progresses and changes over time. Moreover, such progress is understood to be rational, as resulting in the “cultivation of knowledge.” This picture of government is not of a “social compact,” like a constitution, intended to protect natural rights, but an organic and rational whole — the State — which becomes the “vehicle for the administration of progress.” Hence “more and more of the tasks of human society have to be handed over to those who have knowledge.” The end result: the push and pull of ordinary representative politics is superseded by centralized “rational rule” by a cognitive elite — what would later be termed the administrative state.

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/artic...te_110319.html

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 08-03-17, 09:58 PM   #3515
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

In other news Half of Detroit mayoral candidates are felons.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ons/104244406/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 08-03-17, 10:09 PM   #3516
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Although it is titled as a political article it is actually a very interesting and informative treatise on the ramifications of Administrative (or Deep) State.

http://www.realclearpolicy.com/artic...te_110319.html
Not so good if those so called "elite" all turn out to be idiots with no common sense whatsoever who are in it mostly to perpetuate their tenure.
Old 08-03-17, 10:17 PM   #3517
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Well, Mueller has impaneled a Grand jury now, so will be interesting to see where this goes.

Al Capone
Old 08-04-17, 05:43 AM   #3518
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Well, Mueller has impaneled a Grand jury now, so will be interesting to see where this goes.
Quote:
The special counsel investigating claims of Russian meddling in the US election has begun using a grand jury in Washington, reports say.
The move suggests Robert Mueller may be taking a more aggressive approach to gathering data on possible collusion with Donald Trump's campaign team.
Grand juries are used to issue subpoenas to compel people to testify.
The president has again poured scorn on the inquiry, telling a rally in West Virginia it was a "total fabrication".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40820863

If I'm correct in my belief that Trump has the power to dismiss Mueller then I'm wondering if he would dare.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 08-04-17, 12:35 PM   #3519
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

He can't fire him directly, but could put pressure on Justice Dept to do it. But, if he has nothing to hide, why would he. But with Trump, you never know. Congress would be up in arms if he did, and if Trump thinks he has a hard time with Congress now, fire Mueller and see how bad it could really get,lol

Al Capone
Old 08-04-17, 06:13 PM   #3520
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Seems like a checker player (Trump) playing a chess player (Muller and the FBI) to me.

Why so many plans of the WH to do this or do that if he is innocent. Some where along the line Trump has made a serious mistake. The day that we know what that mistake was has not arrived.

Surely a big break down is coming soon ... we will hear about it on twitter for sure.

Mean while President Trump is taking a much needed 17 day vacation in Jersey at one of his golf retreats.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-04-17, 06:23 PM   #3521
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Gee and I wonder how much money his retreat makes with all the people that need to be put up there etc. I don't see any ethics problem with it.... What a putz.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-04-17, 07:54 PM   #3522
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

Mean while President Trump is taking a much needed 17 day vacation in Jersey at one of his golf retreats.
Old 08-05-17, 02:11 AM   #3523
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Gee and I wonder how much money his retreat makes with all the people that need to be put up there etc. I don't see any ethics problem with it.... What a putz.
Hey, its just our tax dollars going into his coffers; no biggie and saying it is makes it a partisan witch hunt and fake news...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 08-05-17 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-05-17, 09:42 AM   #3524
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

The easiest job in the US is being President....unless you actually happen to be President that is.
Old 08-05-17, 12:58 PM   #3525
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Kim should fear his personal health and wellbeing from within his own ranks if and when he appears weak to his peer group.

What goes round comes round.
Kim is now 33 in his sixth (6th) year of reign, but your right he should worry about his health. A war would murder millions on both sides, but a little poison could go a long way.

Take your pick sir ... they all have been poisoned just for your sir.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter