SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-11, 05:41 PM   #3511
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hey guys, I posted this over in the RSRD thread and didn't get an answer, hoping someone here may have the experience to be able to answer:

I'm running the latest TMO. My understanding is that I apply the TMO version of the RSRD mod after TMO is already installed:

RSRDC_TMO_V502.7z

Do I then need to apply the patch?

RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

Or is that patch already included now in the RSRDC_TMO_V502 version of the mod?

Thanks
jeff lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 06:06 PM   #3512
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

I am also a noob with SH4 but I think you got this wrong. As far as I understand you have to install TMO first and then the correct RSRDC files and RSRDC patch for TMO.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 06:15 PM   #3513
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Install in this order.

TMO 2.0
TMO 2.0-2.2 patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 07:23 PM   #3514
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Argh! I've been playing with TMO for the last few days (off work for the holidays!) and having a blast. Have not yet installed RSRD. Then this afternoon I start up the game and the splash/opening screen is different. Hmm. Then it stops with an error:

File not found: data/menu/gui/layout/tbt_1024.tga

Sure enough, that file is not there. But there is absolutely no reason anything at all should be changed. I haven't even opened up Windows Explorer much less gone to the Steam folder and deleted anything.

Any hints? I'm using JSGME to uninstall and then reinstall the mod (up to 2.2) to see if that helps (hmmm - perhaps try to start the game with the mod uninstalled first and see if it runs before reapplying the mods.)
Old 12-19-11, 08:26 PM   #3515
Klaus
Officer

Downloads: 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
Hey guys, I posted this over in the RSRD thread and didn't get an answer, hoping someone here may have the experience to be able to answer:

I'm running the latest TMO. My understanding is that I apply the TMO version of the RSRD mod after TMO is already installed:

RSRDC_TMO_V502.7z

Do I then need to apply the patch?

RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

Or is that patch already included now in the RSRDC_TMO_V502 version of the mod?

Thanks
RSRDC_TMO_V502.7z is an archive, you must extract first, then install, apply patch and eventually SCAF for RSDRC or OTC
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 08:33 PM   #3516
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
RSRDC_TMO_V502.7z is an archive, you must extract first, then install, apply patch and eventually SCAF for RSDRC or OTC
Yep, understood. (currently reinstalling SH4 and U Boat from Steam, something happened that I cannot figure out that made the game not start all of a sudden, then will reinstall all.)

SCAF? I was running TMO 2.2, was going to install RSRD, don't know what SCAF and OTC is?
Old 12-19-11, 08:45 PM   #3517
Klaus
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
Yep, understood. (currently reinstalling SH4 and U Boat from Steam, something happened that I cannot figure out that made the game not start all of a sudden, then will reinstall all.)

SCAF? I was running TMO 2.2, was going to install RSRD, don't know what SCAF and OTC is?
SCAF is Ship centered accuracy fix, and OTC is Optical target corection, two mods that's help you for manual targeting
Old 12-19-11, 09:10 PM   #3518
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
SCAF is Ship centered accuracy fix, and OTC is Optical target corection, two mods that's help you for manual targeting
Ahh, thanks.
Old 12-19-11, 09:36 PM   #3519
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Rewriting patrol objectives just KILLED my inner child. This is the kind of thing that burns me out.... nice and crispy. Infact, this is the kind of thing that makes me throw in the towel and say, "That's it, that's all im doing, I ain't doing any more!".

Half of the directories listed here, have TWO missions in them, not just one mission per directory. This is JUST the patrol missions. Enjoy the misery.

Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 04:08 AM   #3520
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Rewriting patrol objectives just KILLED my inner child. This is the kind of thing that burns me out.... nice and crispy. Infact, this is the kind of thing that makes me throw in the towel and say, "That's it, that's all im doing, I ain't doing any more!".

Half of the directories listed here, have TWO missions in them, not just one mission per directory. This is JUST the patrol missions. Enjoy the misery.
Looks riveting.

Soldier on Ducimus! And remember the joy you give to others.
Old 12-20-11, 05:13 AM   #3521
Klaus
Officer

It seems to be an OS error, earlier folders will be deleted at first restart.
You work at these 20 hours? Take it easy, elsewhere you will have a keyboard impregnated on your nose and blood in your system will be replaced with cofee . And is easier to make mistakes when you are very fatigue. Good luck captain
Old 12-20-11, 07:56 AM   #3522
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:

Argh! If I knew how to pitch in, I'd help with the workload. Nothing like repetative mundane stuff. But if it's worth it in the end ....
We all already owe you a beer or three (or more).
Old 12-20-11, 08:21 AM   #3523
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Quote:
What happened is randomized harbor traffic. Sometimes some show up, some times none show up. Sometimes its a jackpot, other times, its nothing but a tugboat. You just got a bad randomization seed on the harbor traffic.

If i were you, id leave, go sink stuff, and come back in a couple days. OR, id forget about it altogether. Your patrol is rated by how much renown you earn. If you can't earn it one way, earn it another.
It all worked out in the end. Went back 4 days later, and the harbor was packed. So it all worked out in the end.

First time this ever happened though, after doing the photo recon, I was on my way to the new objective, patrolling an area just west of Chi Chi Jima, and a fat medium tanker presented itself, and even though it was rather calm, we had light fog, with dusk conditions, and two fish disabled her, and it took a 3rd to finally coax it beneath the waves, but nothing showed up on the Captain's Log for it sinking, even though the message scrolled that we sank it.

It may have happened once before a long long time ago, but I don't recollect it at the moment if it did.

If it's one of those, "unconfirmed" kills, that's cool. It makes it more realistic that way. No visual confirmation, no kill awarded. As I was divng deep, because a couple destroyers showed up on the scene out of the blue, and my soundman didn't notice them, even though they weren't in the blind spot. Was panning with the scope and there they were! 4,487yds off the forward starboard quarter!.

That was a nailbiter! We managed to shake them with only minor damage to the boat, with nothing destroyed. And no significant loss to hull integrity. Just 2 or 3 points is all.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 12:54 PM   #3524
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Argh! If I knew how to pitch in, I'd help with the workload.
I often wonder how many people are "intimate" with the files and directory structure of SH4. That said, one never knows it all. There's always something you didn't know, no matter how long you've been tap dancing through the SH4 data directory.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-11, 03:49 PM   #3525
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
I often wonder how many people are "intimate" with the files and directory structure of SH4. That said, one never knows it all. There's always something you didn't know, no matter how long you've been tap dancing through the SH4 data directory.
How true. "Tap dancing" through the files I have learned how very little I know about them !!!

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote