SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-24, 07:08 AM   #3511
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Ukrainian forces have regained control of areas north of Kharkiv that were taken by the Russian military earlier this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelensky
The situation is generally under control and our soldiers inflict significant losses on the occupying forces. Our soldiers managed to take over combat control of the border area where the Russian occupiers entered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-24, 07:27 AM   #3512
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ Kyiv has reported the heaviest losses of the entire war, counted per day(s) for its own armed forces in the last 2 - 2.5 weeks - a consequence of the Russian advance in Kharkiv. Whether the situation is really as stable as Zelensky makes it out to be remains to be seen. At the moment, the Russians are still advancing, slowly but persistently.

And worse, they continue to attrite the limited Ukrainian forces. Their own higher losses are not relevant. Kyiv can afford its losses much less than the Russians can afford theirs.
Old 05-25-24, 09:10 AM   #3513
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Whether they are getting enough ammo supply or not I can't say, what I can say is:

They are doing it fine with what they have and they need less ammo to hit targets than Russia does.

Thinking Russia need perhaps 5-7 shells to hit a target, while Ukraine may need 1-2 shells to hit a target, so this ratio 1:5 must mean nothing.

Except Russia is producing shells a lot. and they get ammo from NK, CHN and Iran.

The major problem is the boots on the ground-Ukraine does not have a lot of these while Russia has a few more to use in the war.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-24, 09:28 AM   #3514
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here is Denys with his latest update and it shows Ukraine is using their weapons/ammo very good.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 05-25-24 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-25-24, 03:08 PM   #3515
Dargo
Admiral

The Small Diameter Bomb (SDB) precision-guided glide bomb are being fitted on the Ukraine MIG 29. This is quite possibly one of the most significant upgrades Ukrainian Fulcrums have received. SDBs are capable, plentiful, and more importantly, cheap. Flyaway cost for an SDB is $36,000. That’s less than a quarter of a GMLRS rocket, it’s roughly 10% of a M982 Excalibur. The Fulcrum is to be fitted with a pair of BRU-61 Carriage Systems, allowing it to carry up to 8 SDBs. Ukrainian fighters can now salvo off up to 8 SDBs at Russian targets from dozens of miles behind the front. As Russian long range air defences continue to be attrited by ATACMS strikes, the ability to conduct the SDB attacks will only grow.

Quote:
Old 05-25-24, 03:42 PM   #3516
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Good news indeed.

Soon the air over Ukraine will be filled with F16 and French fighter jets.

Markus

Old 05-25-24, 05:08 PM   #3517
Dargo
Admiral

The purge of top officers is the result of infighting between the FSB and the military over the failure to capture Kyiv and competition for defence funds.

The recent arrests of five top Russian military officers are likely just the first of dozens of military figures who will be jailed in a sweeping purge by the security services, Russian government officials and sources close to the Kremlin and the Defense Ministry told The Moscow Times. Ostensibly an effort to stamp out military corruption, the Federal Security Service (FSB) is going after high-ranking generals in hopes of pinning the blame for the botched 2022 invasion of Ukraine on the military’s top brass and taking control of the distribution of the army’s vast budget — all with the Kremlin’s tacit approval.

But the arrests risk throwing the army into disorder at a time when Moscow is seeking to capitalize on Kyiv’s weapons shortages and press further into Ukrainian territory. All of The Moscow Times’ sources requested anonymity in order to discuss a sensitive matter involving both the military and the FSB. “There is a fierce cleanup underway. The FSB is mopping up [former Defense Minister Sergei] Shoigu's team. It’s to be expected. This kind of operation can only be carried out with approval at the very top [of the country's leadership],” a source close to the Kremlin told The Moscow Times. https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2024/...pproval-a85213

Kleptocracy at its best, LOL
“The FSB’s task, at most, is to install its own people and control the tastiest things: those areas where there are big budgets,” a second acting government official told The Moscow Times. When asked whether the purges could hinder the war effort by throwing the military leadership into disarray at a time when Russia is seeking to take advantage of Kyiv’s munitions shortages, the source said: “Do you really think that any of them [the FSB] at this moment are worried about the success of the special operation?”

Quote:
Old 05-25-24, 05:21 PM   #3518
Skybird
Soaring

Russian jamming leaves some high-tech U.S. weapons ineffective in Ukraine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...apons-ukraine/
Old 05-25-24, 05:21 PM   #3519
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 05-25-24, 05:26 PM   #3520
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

It’s been my position the plan is the long term goal of exhausting Russian military, economic and political influence. Looking at the latest divisive complaints online how the west particularly the U.S. isn’t allowing Ukraine to use donated weapons to strike inside Russia is in my opinion in keeping with that long term plan.

The way I see it if we allowed it, it could revive what’s left of any Russian morale, sense of purpose and determination to press on and continue their invasion. As it stands they are being stomped on hard by the Ukrainian military and severely demoralized. It’s only a matter of time.

It’s getting close to another coup in Russia because of it.

But don’t get wrong I still think the corruption in Ukraine is second only to Russia. They got a long way to go and much to prove before being invited to join NATO.. Also, they need to stop behaving like beggars and take their own national defence seriously so this kinda of sheet doesn’t happen again.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-24, 05:52 PM   #3521
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Puh what's up and down in all this info I get from you, from news source and YT videos ?

Is Ukraine heading for a showdown or is it Russia who's going to bite the dust ?

My hope is that Ukraine will fix this and win in the end.

However someone once wrote Putin would never accept losing face in Ukraine.

Markus

Old 05-25-24, 05:59 PM   #3522
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Russian jamming leaves some high-tech U.S. weapons ineffective in Ukraine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...apons-ukraine/

Markus

Old 05-25-24, 06:08 PM   #3523
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Puh what's up and down in all this info I get from you, from news source and YT videos ?

Is Ukraine heading for a showdown or is it Russia who's going to bite the dust ?

My hope is that Ukraine will fix this and win in the end.

However someone once wrote Putin would never accept losing face in Ukraine.

Markus
No news source, no links, just my opinion.

In a nutshell

Russia is losing
To launch strikes into its interior would as history has shown time and time again only serve to infuriate a public and army to press on.
Russian coup and retreat is IMO inevitable .
Ukraine has a lot of work ahead before it igets an invite to NATO

And last but not least stop blaming my country for all your woes

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-24, 08:49 PM   #3524
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Also, they need to stop behaving like beggars and take their own national defence seriously so this kinda of sheet doesn’t happen again.

They beg no more than we did to the French and Dutch to help us in our revolution against England. The Ukrainians are fighting and dying in the defense of their nation. That's not serious enough for you Bud?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-24, 09:23 AM   #3525
Skybird
Soaring

Why Ukraine may have bombed that early warning over-the-horizon anti-ICBM radar in Armawir, Krasnodar.

https://www-bundesheer-at.translate....en&_x_tr_hl=de