SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-24, 04:13 PM   #3496
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

< Don't know why but the word Reichsbürger popped up in my head when reading your post.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 05:31 PM   #3497
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 05-23-24, 07:08 PM   #3498
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

China selling arms should be no surprise. The five permanent members of the UN Security Council (China, France, Russia, U.K., U.S. are the largest arms dealers in the world. It’s what we do.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-24, 03:00 AM   #3499
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 05-24-24, 12:29 PM   #3500
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Markus

Old 05-24-24, 01:36 PM   #3501
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Putin realizes that a new national mobilization is needed to gain any significant ground, and is unwilling to do so or fears rebellion from his elite. On top of all this he is too busy staying in power therefore the purge in the military complex, what he achieves with that is that the FSB gets more power so the next problem. This proposal to freeze the war is again unilateral, so not a real peace proposal. In other words, blah blah... blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-24, 01:44 PM   #3502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ No, I think its simplier. He tries to divide the West by baiting Western countries with peace proposals and so making them stop funding Ukraine and military aid for Ukraine. There are useful idiots enough who are willing to buy his Greek present. In Germany Sara Wagenknecht for example, or the AfD - and a small but nevertheless existent majority of the German public, especially in the Eastern federal states.
Old 05-24-24, 02:00 PM   #3503
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^ No, I think its simplier. He tries to divide the West by baiting Western countries with peace proposals and so making them stop funding Ukraine and military aid for Ukraine. There are useful idiots enough who are willing to buy his Greek present. In Germany Sara Wagenknecht for example, or the AfD - and a small but nevertheless existent majority of the German public, especially in the Eastern federal states.
We in the West frequently mention the failure of Ukraine's counteroffensive, but it is important to bear in mind that the Russian offensives before and after it have also been substantial failures. Putin is told or realizes that now, Duh! after 2 years. Russia experience the cost of this war, do not think it can go on without the possibility that the situation in Russia can go wrong, the problems are piling up. The more problems, the more Putin fears system failure. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia has been a colossal failure, and its opportunities for strategic victories are dwindling. As time passes, Russia's situation is likely to deteriorate, Ukraine's best strategy is to bide its time and wait for Russia to weaken further.

About Sara Wagenknecht or the AFD we in the Netherlands after election have as biggest party that rather would stop support for Ukraine, but it can not rule alone, so the other parties in this new coalition have demanded that this support must go on in the same manner and parliament has voted in majority for this think the same goes in Germany there is always a coalition needed to govern Putin tries sure but do not see any real division.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 05-24-24 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-24-24, 02:44 PM   #3504
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Old 05-24-24, 02:58 PM   #3505
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Putin realizes that a new national mobilization is needed to gain any significant ground, and is unwilling to do so or fears rebellion from his elite. On top of all this he is too busy staying in power therefore the purge in the military complex, what he achieves with that is that the FSB gets more power so the next problem. This proposal to freeze the war is again unilateral, so not a real peace proposal. In other words, blah blah... blah.
After I had posted this video I read following in a Danish newspaper

Quote:
- Who should we have negotiations with? It is not an unimportant question. We are aware that the current Ukrainian head of state no longer has legitimacy, Putin said, according to the state-owned Russian news agency Tass.
https://ekstrabladet-dk.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Markus

Old 05-24-24, 03:48 PM   #3506
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
After I had posted this video I read following in a Danish newspaper

https://ekstrabladet-dk.translate.go..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Markus
"We are aware that the current Ukrainian head of state no longer has legitimacy, Putin said" Said the dictator for life LOL.

Quote:
Old 05-24-24, 05:06 PM   #3507
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
We in the West frequently mention the failure of Ukraine's counteroffensive, but it is important to bear in mind that the Russian offensives before and after it have also been substantial failures. Putin is told or realizes that now, Duh! after 2 years. Russia experience the cost of this war, do not think it can go on without the possibility that the situation in Russia can go wrong, the problems are piling up. The more problems, the more Putin fears system failure. The invasion of Ukraine by Russia has been a colossal failure, and its opportunities for strategic victories are dwindling. As time passes, Russia's situation is likely to deteriorate, Ukraine's best strategy is to bide its time and wait for Russia to weaken further.

About Sara Wagenknecht or the AFD we in the Netherlands after election have as biggest party that rather would stop support for Ukraine, but it can not rule alone, so the other parties in this new coalition have demanded that this support must go on in the same manner and parliament has voted in majority for this think the same goes in Germany there is always a coalition needed to govern Putin tries sure but do not see any real division.
You see the "division" indirectly in the ammount fo aid given. Not enough aid, that is. When Germany aksed the others to give more air dfences wihle itself just deciding to give another Patriot and today another Iris T - nobody answered the call in Europe.

Its not enough to win the war for Ukraine, no matter what you argue. Its noth enough. Not now, not in the future. And every week we tlak, Ukraine is more destroyed and is worse off.

Russia must not take ground. It just must continue destroying Ukraine economy, energy, infrastructure. The next winter will come.

Not. Enough. Aid. Too much to die, too little to live or win. Die slowly - that seems to be the idea behind Western aid amounts.
Old 05-24-24, 05:27 PM   #3508
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

"Not. Enough. Aid. Too much to die, too little to live or win. Die slowly - that seems to be the idea behind Western aid amounts."

In a comment from Ukraine Matters the owner wrote:

It is more and more clear the Russian is heading for disaster-It looks like their offensive in May/June is going to fail.

So if this is correct the Ukrainians is doing it very well for a military who isn't getting enough weapon and ammo aid from the west and which is coming late to Ukraine.

Markus

Old 05-24-24, 06:11 PM   #3509
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
"Not. Enough. Aid. Too much to die, too little to live or win. Die slowly - that seems to be the idea behind Western aid amounts."

In a comment from Ukraine Matters the owner wrote:

It is more and more clear the Russian is heading for disaster-It looks like their offensive in May/June is going to fail.

So if this is correct the Ukrainians is doing it very well for a military who isn't getting enough weapon and ammo aid from the west and which is coming late to Ukraine.

Markus
They’re getting enough.

But I was getting really tired of my country getting blamed for someone else’s failure because we didn’t ‘hand out or give enough’ That ticks me off to end especially from another country who for dang near thirty years since their independence didn’t do a damn thing to bolster their own defense and allowed themselves to get steam rolled by some little wannabe Napoleon and his third rate army of convicts, drug addicts and drunks.

Hopefully when it’s all said and done they can at least be thankful for the assistance they did get and finally remove their head of their arse and start taking their own national defense a helluva lot more serious so it doesn’t happen again.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-24, 06:56 AM   #3510
Skybird
Soaring

No, they dont get enough. By factors. Their economy, infrastructure, cities, energy production gets day-for day degraded, and they lack the needed military support to ever enforce and end to the wra ion their terms and defeat Russia. 80% of their energy perocution or even alkready more, is now down. Most of that is beyond repair. The EU must help with massive exports of electricty across the border. Remember - in the first year, Ukraine was sitll offering to experrt electricity into the EU.

They cannot win this way. They cannot reconquer the occupied territories this way. They even cannot make Russia stop air raiding their cities and critical infrastructure.

I say it again, and I said it before: Russia must not take more territory to win the war. That they try, has different reasons. They can win by simply destroying Ukraine piece by piece until nothing is left of it that can independently survive anymore. That way they also drive up the costs for Europe post-war.

The "offensive" at Charkiv very well acchieved something: in 2 weeks they took 200 sqkm of territory, pushing the frontline so close to Charkiv that they are just a few kilometers away from bringing all of Charkiv into range of their 25km-reaching conventional tube artillery. Go figure. And another 50,000 of fresh Russian reserves in that region that so far have not participated in the drive, are standing ready just behind the border. Their numbers get constantly boosted up. Ukrian miust welaen frontline defences elsewhere to react to the situation at Charkiv. That's also a Russian acchievement: they force Ukraine to give up already fragile balances.

Ukrainian artillery officers say they still are being outgunned by a ratio of 1:5, although the American ammo supplies have reached the frontlines.