SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-02-11, 11:56 AM   #3451
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
There is no pause button you have to do it manually with the time compression.
Yes there is. It's the Backspace key.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 12:01 PM   #3452
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
Where can one edit the hotkeys? I really want a pause button.
Commands.cfg in Data\Cfg.
Old 12-02-11, 12:11 PM   #3453
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Thanks for the replies, I can work with the + / - keys to get in and out of pause. The backspace key gets me out of pause but wouldn't pause the game but I noticed that it gets you to time compression "1" stage.
And thanks Ducimus, I had not checked the in game help yet but found all the other answers there, great mod.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 12:35 PM   #3454
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

It's been awhile, but I think i made the backspace key a quick button to get out of time compression, but not pause the game every time you hit it. Cruising around the pacific, your in high TC quite a bit. I found it annoying to pause the game, and then have to hit TC once to advance it. A two count movement. id rather it one count so i can get right to the action.

Say for example, your in whatever high TC, and all of a sudden somethings going on. Radar contact, sonar contact, whatever. Hit the backspace key and the game goes to a manageable speed (X1 as i recall) so you can make decisions and what not.

Now if you do have to pause the game, odds are your getting interrupted anyway. Wife, GF, kid, whatever. So a two count movement at this point is irrelevant because your getting interrupted and pulled away from the game anyway.

I'm all about efficiency it seems.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 12:35 PM   #3455
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I can work with the + / - keys to get in and out of pause. The backspace key gets me out of pause but wouldn't pause the game but I noticed that it gets you to time compression "1" stage.
And thanks Ducimus, I had not checked the in game help yet but found all the other answers there, great mod.
Okay, I wasn't aware TMO changed the Backspace key cause I don't play with it installed.
Old 12-02-11, 12:55 PM   #3456
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

I have a small P above the time display in the lower right corner that pauses the game. I am running TMO 2.2 with RSRDC_TMO_V502 and patch RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 03:37 PM   #3457
sparrs
A-ganger

Downloads: 51

I used to find the pause key (on the keyboard) worked in stock...but backspace takes it from the time compression (say 1024) straight back to 1 and then the P icon above the time pauses. Not too bad. Unless you are running at say 8k compression and hit an atoll ... then no use cos your toast. Also, you cannot do much with pause anyway, i.e use TDC etc.
sparrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 03:58 PM   #3458
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

My game'll drop me to comp 8 with enough time to correct (unless I'm AFK) if I've managed to plot across an obstacle (unless that obstacle is a minefield).
Old 12-02-11, 05:24 PM   #3459
mido
Engineer

Default Cannot set Mast Height manually in TDC

For some reason I cannot set the mast height manually in the TDC in the periscope or TBT view. It does set it to the correct height when I click the check mark in the recognition manual though. I have another installation without TMO and I can do it there but not in this installation with TMO. Is there a special "trick" to do this manually? I am playing at 100 % realism.

Last edited by mido; 12-02-11 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-02-11, 06:17 PM   #3460
mido
Engineer

How can one get out of the free camera view. I hit the F12 key to look at my new sub for the first time in free view but how can I get back to the normal bridge view (not moving the camera manually again)?
Old 12-02-11, 06:20 PM   #3461
bobdina
Watch

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
I have a small P above the time display in the lower right corner that pauses the game. I am running TMO 2.2 with RSRDC_TMO_V502 and patch RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.

Thank you very much for that info , I had no Idea it was there will make things a lot easier , and just to make sure it worked with my setup (including latest TMO)I tried and of course it works. Again thanks for sharing that tidbit of info.
bobdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 12:05 AM   #3462
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Glad to be of assistance. I just started playing SH4, after playing SH3 since it came out, and I am still getting a handle on all the commands.

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 12:15 AM   #3463
mido
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HW3 View Post
Glad to be of assistance. I just started playing SH4, after playing SH3 since it came out, and I am still getting a handle on all the commands.
Hello, do you happen to use TMO? If yes, do you have the same problem I have with sending data to the TDC (4 posts up)?
I used to play SH3 before, then couldn't play anything for a year or so and now just started with SH4.
Old 12-03-11, 03:00 AM   #3464
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Thanks for your reply but what about the other hotkeys in question, the pause button etc? Is there a up to date keymap available somewhere or is "try and error" method to find out.
How does one "emergency surface"?

Where can one edit the hotkeys? I really want a pause button.

Thanks again
There is no 'Pause' button per se. Hit Backspace key to return to 1X TC, then the '-' (minus) key to Pause (0X TC). TC = 'Time Compression'.

There is a printable keymap available for TMO, but I forgot where I got it.

Good Hunting!
Old 12-03-11, 09:31 AM   #3465
mido
Engineer

Quote:
For some reason I cannot set the mast height manually in the TDC in the periscope or TBT view. It does set it to the correct height when I click the check mark in the recognition manual though. I have another installation without TMO and I can do it there but not in this installation with TMO. Is there a special "trick" to do this manually? I am playing at 100 % realism.
Hello everybody! Is there anybody out there who is using manual targeting with TMO and has it working properly?
I re-installed SH4 and TMO and still can set the mast height manually. Is this a bug? Any input to fix this is welcome.