SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-11, 11:40 AM   #331
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

LMAO @ the Night to Remember quest.

Started it, did some other stuff, then went back home to my wife. But it turns
out, I had asked her to give the wedding ring back so I could propose another
"fiancee". O..k.. let's go and see who this "fiancee" is I'm in so love with.

Needless to say, I took the ring back from he- it's cold dead finger and went back
to beg for Ysolda to take me back.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:55 AM   #332
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

I have a Staff of Zombies(Let's you resurrect dead things to fight with you) that I'm intending to sell, but I have to wait until my local vendor has more money. I start to leave for the Greybeards place, when I realize I'm still carrying it, as I'm too lazy to turn around and put it in my house, I hand it over to Lydia and forget about it.

Continuing on the path we encounter a dead elk, and farther up from the Elk I stumble upon a Flame Atronach, who I proceed to do battle with. I beat her down with my Orcish axe and wonder where Lydia was during this battle, she has a legendary ice sword that would've cut the battle time in half. A second later she comes running up, in her wake is an Elk.

Not sure why an Elk is following her I swing at it and kill it, only to realize that she had resurrected it with the Staff of Zombies.

I wasn't expecting the AI to be capable of using any and all weapons you give it.
Old 11-15-11, 12:08 PM   #333
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
I wasn't expecting the AI to be capable of using any and all weapons you give it.
When you give stuff to your companion, he/she picks the best for that situation and uses them.

EDIT: This hideous piece of crap is what I leveled my smithing to 100 for?!
There aren't even any Dragon bone weapons one can make + the armor isn't THAT much better.

Heavy Dragon set:

For comparisation, the awesome Ebony set:

Grrrr!

Last edited by Dowly; 11-15-11 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-15-11, 02:48 PM   #334
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
When you give stuff to your companion, he/she picks the best for that situation and uses them.

There aren't even any Dragon bone weapons one can make + the armor isn't THAT much better.

Heavy Dragon set:

Grrrr!
I thought Dragon Armor was only light. Have you made Deadric armor yet?
Old 11-15-11, 03:07 PM   #335
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

So there I was, exploring a bit of the countryside after visiting the greybeards when I got myself involved in my first random fight against a dragon. It lasted ages, with me going through all my potions and magika and soul crystals and I finally had the bugger - his health was empty and one more swing of my sword would do it, I pulled it back, swung it.....

....and the sodding game crashed to desktop.

It's the third CTD I've had, which isn't bad considering how much I've been playing it, but still....
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 03:17 PM   #336
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I hate when that happens, which is part of the reason for my compulsive saving habits. Fortunately, the game doesn't crash all that often.

I just had what is possibly the shortest fight with a dragon ever. Got attacked by one in the middle of the Winterhold College, and all the magic users walking around cut it to pieces before I could shoot more than a couple of fireballs at it. I think the whole thing lasted all of 10 seconds...
Old 11-15-11, 03:24 PM   #337
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Had something similar; riding out of Whiterun for Windhelm. Suddenly I hear a roar overhead and there's this dragon circling. So I do what any sane man would: run, as fast as possible.

A little way down the road I came to an old fort that I had cleared of bandits (just the outside though). Decided to make a stand there, luring in the dragon I actually managed to escape (he was rather pissed, circling just above the trees where he lost me).

On my 2nd try I kill the thing, only to find my horse not quite so alive as it was. Tried to raise it as a zombie, but didn't work out.

In the end I reloaded, parked my horse under a bridge a good distance away and had another go at it. Somehow the dragon spotted her when I lured him over, but she pulled through. That horse is just a magnet for trouble.

Kinda funny to see your horse attacking a dragon head-on while you're pelting it with arrows from a distance.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 03:49 PM   #338
Egan
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I hate when that happens, which is part of the reason for my compulsive saving habits. Fortunately, the game doesn't crash all that often.

I just had what is possibly the shortest fight with a dragon ever. Got attacked by one in the middle of the Winterhold College, and all the magic users walking around cut it to pieces before I could shoot more than a couple of fireballs at it. I think the whole thing lasted all of 10 seconds...
I'm pretty compulsive about it too usually, but I was just wondering around in a birch forest enjoying the pretty morning and minding my own business.

The first random dragon I saw simply flew away - didn't even land or fight anyone - so I was well up for this one, especially now I've made myself an enchanted superior steel sword that does fire damage. I'm finding the entire crafting system in this game to be a joy to play and I usually hate crafting in games. I just wish spell crafting was still in it. DLC perhaps?
Old 11-15-11, 03:58 PM   #339
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
I thought Dragon Armor was only light. Have you made Deadric armor yet?
Both light and heavy Dragon Armor can be crafted. The light armor is AFAIK the
best light armor you can make, the heavy is 3 (IIRC) points better than Ebony
when comparing fully upgraded torso armor, so that is just garbage.

Haven't made any Daedric armor yet, need Daedric hearts, but from what I've
heard it's the best heavy armor you can make.
Old 11-15-11, 04:43 PM   #340
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

I found two daedra hearts in the Vaermina deadric quest. That's two pieces of armor, although I don't have the ebony or the skill to make it yet.

I'm currently taking the 7,000 step journey to the throat of the world. Bewarey of the wolves they said.

Wolves?

I've only encountered bears, frost wraiths, and frost trolls. I think I'd much prefer the wolves.

It also wasn't until marker V did I realize I could read the little markers along the path. I was halfway tempted to backtrack down to read 1-4, but I figure I'll just get them in reverse.
Old 11-15-11, 04:52 PM   #341
Egan
Admiral

OK, I think I might have a bug here. The dragon reappeared at the same place, I fought it and the game crashed again just as it died. Hmmmmm. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so far so I'm stumped as to what it could be. Bugger. It's annoying because once they are on the ground they are pretty easy to kill.
Old 11-15-11, 05:31 PM   #342
Egan
Admiral

Fought a dragon elsewhere and it went down easy once I got it on the floor. Glad to see that killing dragons isn't bug in itself. The problem I had was with one near the little island east of Iverstead in case anyone has the same problem.

I'm actually considering calling in sick tomorrow just so I can play it more. Lol. It's a very long time since I felt like that about a game.
Old 11-15-11, 05:47 PM   #343
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan View Post
Fought a dragon elsewhere and it went down easy once I got it on the floor. Glad to see that killing dragons isn't bug in itself. The problem I had was with one near the little island east of Iverstead in case anyone has the same problem.

I'm actually considering calling in sick tomorrow just so I can play it more. Lol. It's a very long time since I felt like that about a game.

The island in the middle of the lake? I'm in Iverstead now doing the Shrouded Hearth Barrow, if it's the same Island, I'll head over at day break to check it out.
Old 11-15-11, 05:52 PM   #344
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

Heavy Dragon set:

Grrrr!

do I need smithing to get that ebony armor? I'm trying to stay away from google, last time I search I hit the skyrim wiki and there's cheat codes for the sets Tempting. Ive just started leveling smithing. That heavy dragon set doesn't look cool but that Ebony is what I wantSo far ive found one piece of epic gear a Dragonscale shield in a chest. lol

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 06:05 PM   #345
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 View Post
do I need smithing to get that ebony armor? I'm trying to stay away from google, last time I search I hit the skyrim wiki and there's cheat codes for the sets Tempting. Ive just started leveling smithing. That heavy dragon set doesn't look cool but that Ebony is what I wantSo far ive found one piece of epic gear a Dragonscale shield in a chest. lol
Level 80 smithing for Ebony IIRC.