SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-09, 01:05 PM   #331
Lorient Bunker
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I would vote for a Pacific sub sim if it were from a Japanese viewpoint, I don't think we need another American sub sim any time soon.

As for Silent Hunter 5, my hope is that somehow they can include Mine laying submarines and with increased harbour traffic we could stick around and see if anybody hits one!
Lorient Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:08 PM   #332
ryoga_77
A-ganger

Downloads: 91
It's always nice to know a new submarine sim is in development.
I respect an individual's personal choice as to whether or not to purchase said sim when it finally leaves the docks,hopefully bug free ship shape,but it makes me think as to whether hostilites ended on 8/5/1945.

Lighten up,it's a pc game and i'm sure no Allied sailors,or Axis sailors for that matter,died in the production of this game.

As for features i find them interesting enough though i suspect the 1st person view is only useful for an interactive sub tour when not in battle.

I sincerely hope UBI Romania kept an eye on the improvments provided by the SH3 & SH4 communities to the respective games and provide said features upon release.

As for a future expansion pack i wholeheartedly suggest a pacific campaign theatre for both fleet boats and u boats OR otherwise Royal Navy / Soviet Navy campaign.These can take place mostly in the Baltic sea/mediterranean theatre.
ryoga_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:28 PM   #333
Growler
A long way from the sea

Downloads: 21

The concept of interoperable sims is an old one, going back to the days of Microprose/SpectrumHolobyte. I seem to recall that M1 Tank Platoon 2 was intended to be part of a network of different sims that would create a virtual battlefield for LAN players. Nothing much ever came of it, but I do remember being thrilled that someone was going to do it.

As I understand it today, the US Army is intending to create - or already has created - networked simulations for combined arms training. And I doubt I need to mention the America's Army online FPS to this group.

I love the idea. It would be smoking hot to be able to run a DD or a DE, or even act in the role of the Naval Armed Guard on a Liberty or Victory ship against and with other players, even with an overall convoy commander.

Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to SHV for what it might be. I'll reserve judgment until I can play it.
And pledge to love and beauty.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:29 PM   #334
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Well its looks quite sexy and if its anything like the trailer then i for one will be getting this,unless of course i need a puter with the processing power of a small planet to run it!
Old 08-18-09, 01:30 PM   #335
LtHavoc
Nub

Downloads: 7

Wohoooo! I'm a happy camper just by knowing there will BE another SH.
LtHavoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:50 PM   #336
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Amen to that bro!

As long as it keeps the genre alive I'm all for it!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:51 PM   #337
Truckerich
Watch

Downloads: 2062
Default SH 4/5

hi there,
I would like to see more detail. The details are almost realistic. Much better mod's are coming out and as you can see, I've tryed most all of them.lol I believe the better the details and graphics will draw a person to this game rather than historical value. Even though the historical value is as important to the game to keep for the games sake.
Do we have something in the oven? I hope so. I tryed the FOTRS and really noticed the graphics, details, and sounds. If you haven't tryed the FOTRS MOD you must. I'm using it now. We all in the near future may be looking at a 3D system.
I started w/ SH3 and enjoyed it so much I keep up with all the upgrades, even purchased from France[US didn't have it] the limited edition with the medal canister. I run a 790i SLI, QX9650x, 9800GX2, 8G-2000Htz, H2/0 so I can handle all you got.
My prefs are details, graphics and would like to see water merging in the command room when I'm sinking. lol I would enjoy doing more things, like putting to use more instrament functions.
Just another opinion, thanks all.
Truckerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 01:55 PM   #338
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Happy that the series is continuing, don't care where it takes place as long as there is water involved and I am in it with my sub

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 02:38 PM   #339
Truckerich
Watch

Downloads: 2062
Default FOTRS

Can I do this.............HERE'S the download for
"Fall Of The Rising Sun"
http://www.aotd-clan.de/phpkit/inclu...&contentid=new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerich View Post
hi there,
I would like to see more detail. The details are almost realistic. Much better mod's are coming out and as you can see, I've tryed most all of them.lol I believe the better the details and graphics will draw a person to this game rather than historical value. Even though the historical value is as important to the game to keep for the games sake.
Do we have something in the oven? I hope so. I tryed the FOTRS and really noticed the graphics, details, and sounds. If you haven't tryed the FOTRS MOD you must. I'm using it now. We all in the near future may be looking at a 3D system.
I started w/ SH3 and enjoyed it so much I keep up with all the upgrades, even purchased from France[US didn't have it] the limited edition with the medal canister. I run a 790i SLI, QX9650x, 9800GX2, 8G-2000Htz, H2/0 so I can handle all you got.
My prefs are details, graphics and would like to see water merging in the command room when I'm sinking. lol I would enjoy doing more things, like putting to use more instrament functions.
Just another opinion, thanks all.
Truckerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 02:46 PM   #340
Elder-Pirate
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
Anybody got a guess on the price of this thing ?

Probably a dollar two ninety eight.
Old 08-18-09, 02:51 PM   #341
Cpt.Nautilus
Watch

Downloads: 7

Awsome!

I hope the navigation model, the AI and the simulation will be as realistic as the snapshots are!

I do hope they are going to take from SH3 4b and improve from there, not start from zero and make again the same mistakes...
Old 08-18-09, 02:56 PM   #342
evan82
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 197
Uploads: 12
I have a hope that the SHV Mission Editor will be available in SHV
Old 08-18-09, 03:03 PM   #343
tiger shark
Bosun

Downloads: 51

Sorry I know it is of toppic but check out this
if you havent already http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com/KRAKA.htm
tiger shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 03:10 PM   #344
scrapser
Captain

Downloads: 12

There are a lot of good points being made regarding the Pacific versus Atlantic theaters and I think they all factor in together under the biggest factor of all...money. As far as how many sub sims have come out over the years, I do believe the scale tips towards the Atlantic theater.

I said in my last post there were two Pacific theater sims released in the last 13 years. Keep in mind one of them was for DOS with 2D graphics. Given how long 3D has been out I think it's fair to understand why some of us would like to see more focus on the Pacific since only SH4 has been developed to fill the bill.

But all that aside, I would like to add it would be nice (but probably not as profitable) if UBISoft would come out with a sim that includes both theaters for a change. That way there would no longer be this leap frog issue where one side is pained because the other side has the latest bells and whistles which they want too.

Hopefully there will be a SH6 for the Pacific if SH5 goes over well. SH5 looks like it will be the first departure from the basic interaction model since the beginning of sub sims. It will be interesting to see how you will transition from walking around the sub to using the main action stations. I'm sure they will retain the quick keys like F1, F2, F3, etc. On the other hand, it would be funny to see someone slapped upside the head with a hanging knockwurst while heading to battle stations!
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 03:53 PM   #345
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

I will be buying this, but I hope the developers take more time to polish this one. Until then, I’ll bet that SHIV with GWX will have very long legs.

As far as U-boats are concerned, there’s still a lot of room for improvement. So what if developers keep releasing WWII sub sims. Doom was a shooter in its own right, but look how far they’ve progressed. Perhaps in a few years we’ll have destructible environments, and half the fun will be in demolishing the Liandri Arena or Deck 16.

sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote