SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-23, 04:24 AM   #331
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The BBC's Rushdi Abualouf, reporting from Gaza, says the north of the Strip was hit overnight "on a scale we’ve never seen before"
Israel's military said last night that it was intensifying its bombing of Gaza and that its ground forces were "expanding operations"
It says that overnight it hit 150 Hamas targets and killed the head of Hamas's paraglider operations during the group's attack on Israel on 7 October
This morning, Israel's military spokesman said forces had entered Gaza and were "still in the field", and a video showed Israeli tanks on the move
Communication networks in Gaza went down last night, meaning residents can't be contacted - and we don't have any casualty figures
The UN General Assembly called for an immediate humanitarian truce, with 120 states voting for a resolution put forward by Jordan

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-23, 04:43 AM   #332
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-28-23, 06:09 AM   #333
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ Israel does what it thinks it must, and I am not opposing or criticising it, since I have no better idea to offer. Anyone knowing a realistic, working, better option? Tell the world.
Old 10-28-23, 12:00 PM   #334
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
^ Israel does what it thinks it must, and I am not opposing or criticising it, since I have no better idea to offer. Anyone knowing a realistic, working, better option? Tell the world.
Israel and Palestine has to come together with a solution, both have to agree to live together without killing each other they are the only parties that can solve this, nobody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confucius
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 10-28-23 at 01:15 PM.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-23, 12:57 PM   #335
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

The minute Israel stops defending themselves they'll all be dead. Israel should have been paying attention to what's getting taught in American universities as well. Those old Nazi hunters didn't need to retire, there's still a job for them.
Old 10-28-23, 03:50 PM   #336
Skybird
Soaring

Gaza and Westjordan have two totally corrupt regimes that dictate the going in their realms, and they both do not want just a part of the cake - they want it all. Like orthodox Jews as well. In case of Hamas you also have a mixture of old Nazi thinking, anti-Jewish racism and Islamic supremacism.

This will never get settled. Never. Islam has dispise for Jews deeply engraved in its genes, and in thje Werts anti-semitism never was completely gone, too, is always present in disguise. Just thjatWetserners do not do that eaisly anymore what Hamas did three weeks ago to innocent families, babies, parents.

This war in my view holds a realistic chance of that Israel will not surive as a state. I dont say its the mostg lkely scneairpo, but it is a realistic scenario. Also if Israel gets so much under pressure that it uses nukes (I am sure they have).

Herman van Creveld is a famous military historian of Jewish descent, I red severla of his books. Despite his international fame his people in Israel do not like him, since he tells them since years, if not decades, that Israel'S position in the place where it is is such that it strategically it is so utmost vulnerable that in the long run its obgoing existence is questionable. Says a Jew who may not be liked by his countrymen, but who supports this same country Israel. He just tries to stay sober in his thinking. And sober thinking cannot conclude that Israels outlooks are optimistic.

It will fight to survive, of course. What else should it do.
Old 10-28-23, 04:09 PM   #337
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Gaza and Westjordan have two totally corrupt regimes that dictate the going in their realms, and they both do not want just a part of the cake - they want it all. Like orthodox Jews as well. In case of Hamas you also have a mixture of old Nazi thinking, anti-Jewish racism and Islamic supremacism.

This will never get settled. Never. Islam has dispise for Jews deeply engraved in its genes, and in thje Werts anti-semitism never was completely gone, too, is always present in disguise. Just thjatWetserners do not do that eaisly anymore what Hamas did three weeks ago to innocent families, babies, parents.

This war in my view holds a realistic chance of that Israel will not surive as a state. I dont say its the mostg lkely scneairpo, but it is a realistic scenario. Also if Israel gets so much under pressure that it uses nukes (I am sure they have).

Herman van Creveld is a famous military historian of Jewish descent, I red severla of his books. Despite his international fame his people in Israel do not like him, since he tells them since years, if not decades, that Israel'S position in the place where it is is such that it strategically it is so utmost vulnerable that in the long run its obgoing existence is questionable. Says a Jew who may not be liked by his countrymen, but who supports this same country Israel. He just tries to stay sober in his thinking. And sober thinking cannot conclude that Israels outlooks are optimistic.

It will fight to survive, of course. What else should it do.
Nukes on whom? That who'll we/they gone to drop nukes is not where the weapon is made for any more dropping this weapon does not solve anything, makes it only worse any support you had in the world you lose the minute you drop a nuke. Since 1948 both Israel and the Palestine have tried to erase the other both parties are at fault, both sides must talk to each other if they want to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-23, 04:29 PM   #338
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Nukes on whom? That who'll we/they gone to drop nukes is not where the weapon is made for any more dropping this weapon does not solve anything, makes it only worse any support you had in the world you lose the minute you drop a nuke. Since 1948 both Israel and the Palestine have tried to erase the other both parties are at fault, both sides must talk to each other if they want to survive.
On whom ? On those countries who may intervene on Hamas side of the ongoing war. Here I'm mostly thinking on Iran and Syria, maybe Lebanon too.

Could this be the reason why US has sent two of their carrier to middle east. Preventing Iran and Syria to take part in the war ?

If people is awaiting Israel using its nukes, then they only have to wait until Iran has got its first couple of nukes.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-23, 04:49 PM   #339
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

If only giving Israel a strip of land the whole way along our border with Mexico and leaving the Palestinians in place to revert to the stone age would be workable solution.
Old 10-28-23, 05:18 PM   #340
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Many years ago a Danish blogger wrote an interesting post.

What would happen if People of Gaza and Denmark changed place and then take look at Denmark and Gaza 10 years later.

Gaza would be a part of Israel.
Denmark would be partial occupied by Swedes and Germans.
(this is what I could remember)

Markus

Old 10-28-23, 05:58 PM   #341
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Denmark would be partial occupied by Swedes and Germans.
Wait - what...? You mean Germany would be occupied by Palestinians, and they share Sweden with the Swedes!

Germany is already overburdened with adding authority to the law during law-violating racist street demonstrations. I dont think we could take and keep Denmark full of Hamas and Hezbollah.
Old 10-28-23, 06:26 PM   #342
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Wait - what...? You mean Germany would be occupied by Palestinians, and they share Sweden with the Swedes!

Germany is already overburdened with adding authority to the law during law-violating racist street demonstrations. I dont think we could take and keep Denmark full of Hamas and Hezbollah.
Southern Part of Jutland would be under German control now and then.
While eastern part of Zealand incl. Copenhagen would be under Swedish control now and then.
Hamas and Hezbollah would on daily basis send rockets towards Germany and Sweden.

Denmark would in other word collapse as a society.

Markus

Old 10-29-23, 06:06 AM   #343
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-29-23, 06:16 AM   #344
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Southern Part of Jutland would be under German control now and then.
While eastern part of Zealand incl. Copenhagen would be under Swedish control now and then.
Hamas and Hezbollah would on daily basis send rockets towards Germany and Sweden.

Denmark would in other word collapse as a society.

Markus
Germany would already struggle to just retake district Neuköln or the Sonnenallee in Berlin.
Old 10-29-23, 06:31 AM   #345
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat