SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-08, 10:46 AM   #331
jamz
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the reply, but no need to go a-lookin', I figured it out. Now "dive" is "dive dive dive" and "fire" is "fire-fire-fire!" Seems to work just out of the box!
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 12:00 PM   #332
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default Kewl!

Glad you got it figured out. I, for one, won't play SHIV anymore without this speech function. I find it really adds to the immersion.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-08, 02:31 PM   #333
minsc_tdp
XO

Default sorry!

I'm still *very* busy but again haven't forgotten. I just have no time for hobbies. I want very badly to spend a day working on issues in this thread, and get my own system working again so I can debug the tube issue, resolution issues and others people are reporting.

A quick reply regarding German and using other speech recognizers:

The system is designed in two pieces: One is a piece (python) that hooks into MS SAPI and sends recognized voice commands to the other piece (perl). If you wanted to use a different speech recognition technology (such as Dragon), it might "just work" if it is installed as a SAPI speech recognition library, thus I'm still using SAPI and nothing changes. But if it's an entirely non-SAPI system then that one piece of shSpeech would need to be rewritten for that, and that is very unlikely to happen.

I would figure that most speech recognition engines are SAPI compliant, thus bypassing the MS recognition but still using their SAPI system as the conduit for communicating with software like shSpeech. If you get it working, it should show up in the speech control panel dropdown list as a Recognizer.

Also...

Regarding using version 2.52 instead of 2.54, or any other previous version: You can still download them all. Just change the download URL, like instead of this:

http://knepfler.com/shSpeech/shSpeech2.54.zip
use this:
http://knepfler.com/shSpeech/shSpeech2.52.zip

and it'll just work. All the files are there, just hidden.

Back soon (I hope!)
Old 08-27-08, 02:40 PM   #334
minsc_tdp
XO

Default a request

In order to help you guys better, I need to come clean: I start reading the thread and I have so little time and so much else that I have trouble following all the threads, names, open issues and resolved issues. I need to set up a Bugzilla, haha!

Could someone go through the last few threads and try to summarize the key issues in one post?

My sense is that the tubes thing is pretty major, even though it only seems to be affecting one person, it's really troubling to me.

Any resolution bugs introduced between 2.52 and 2.54 are pretty major too. I thought they were all good though. Any idea which resolutions *don't* work?

Also, support for the latest Trigger Maru seems dicey, perhaps they changed the key mappings since my latest version which is the most likely explanation. Beyond that, the other issues are a bit of a blur.

I don't think my own SH4 is updated to version 1.5 and I haven't downloaded Trigger Maru in a long time. And let's not even bring up RFB...

Thanks!
Old 08-28-08, 12:05 PM   #335
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Minsc

The aft tubes thing is a low priority, a nice-to-have. Given I'm the only one that seems to have the problem then it's probably something I'm doing wrong or have not setup properly. I'll keep plugging away at it and monitor this thread for anyone with similar problems (then I'll know it's not ME, LOL).
Old 08-28-08, 08:35 PM   #336
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

I just got home from work, but I'll try to summarize some stuff I have over the weekend. A four hour round trip plus 10 hour workdays = very little time for me except on my days off. Sorry!

Bill
Old 08-30-08, 09:33 AM   #337
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Billko

Your Damage Control application looks like it could be the basis for an SH4 Commander type application. Have you given it any thought? Is it done in Delphi by any chance (I'm an old, aka obsolete computer programmer, just curious).
Old 08-30-08, 05:46 PM   #338
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoose
Your Damage Control application looks like it could be the basis for an SH4 Commander type application. Have you given it any thought? Is it done in Delphi by any chance (I'm an old, aka obsolete computer programmer, just curious).
Sorry to do a mini-hijack of this thread:
No, I actually did it in VB .NET so I could familiarize myself with a new programming language.

We no return you to your local thread, already in progress...

Bill

PS - sorry about the hijack!
Old 09-03-08, 09:39 AM   #339
chief.kaiser
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Sorry about this but could someone please explain to me how i install this?

i cant find any step by step instructions on what to do and i just cant figure it out. Maybe im being stupid but i dont see myself as IT illiterate, i do A level ICT. Sorry if i've missed some blatent instructions somewhere

Thanks. Chief
chief.kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 11:26 AM   #340
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Install.bat

Chief;
once you download it and unzip it, simply run the install.bat file (don't forget to read the Readme file).

You will also require the SDK file which is a free download from Microsoft as that's required to initiate the 'voice' aspect of Windows (I believe that file is mentioned in the readme file).

Don't get discouraged, the installation itself (once you figure out the procedure) is straightforward. Once you install the SDK software I highly recommend you use the voice practice feature as this permits Windows to "learn" how you pronounce words so that the voice software will react properly to your commands.

Hope this helps. Be patient, Minsc himself will no doubt respond once he gets a chance.
Old 09-03-08, 04:50 PM   #341
chief.kaiser
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

Thanks Alot tomoose

This is soo much fun, i feel a tad geeky while using it but meh:p
chief.kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-08, 09:12 PM   #342
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief.kaiser
Thanks Alot tomoose

This is soo much fun, i feel a tad geeky while using it but meh:p
When things get tense, I tend to yell a lot and my wife thinks i'm weird or crazy. I guess she's right.

Bill
Old 09-03-08, 09:27 PM   #343
billko
中国水兵

Default problems in a nutshell...

I took a quick look through the posts and I see that there are specific issues with specific people that seems to need addressing.

Coolhand has a resolution issue that has been vexing me to no end. It appears that the mouse movement is not being calculated correctly.

Tomosse has that odd problem where the aft tubes don't respond to voice commands.

Bill

Tha reminds me, Coolhand, did you try reinstalling SH4? Sometimes even is you use the Generic Mod Enabler, things get to the point where you can't go back to stock.
Old 09-05-08, 05:47 PM   #344
jamz
Sailor man

I'm actually running across the aft tubes issue now as well in a Balao class boat.

1280x1024 with the latest TMO and 1.5 patch going. I'll mess with it later tonight to try to troubleshoot it.

My wife asked me who I was talking to last night in the basement! :rotfl:

My only issue is that my mic is too sensitive, and the Microsoft VR software tries really hard to interpret any sound at all as a word. Shuffling papers on my desk, moving things around gets interpreted as multi syllable words.
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 06:28 PM   #345
Coolhand01
Soundman

Downloads: 9

@ Bill,
I'll give it a try sometime this weekend....I have to work tommorow so I probably won't have any word for you til late Sat. or Sun.....CH
Coolhand01 is offline   Reply With Quote