SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-14, 09:44 PM   #331
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Painting the town red

Ferrari red to be precise!

The Ferrari 458 Italia at Le Mans.

As well as the Ferrari 599xx Evo.

And something that is red but not a Ferrari, the Lotus 98T on the Nürburgring '75.
Old 08-07-14, 06:51 PM   #332
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I just tried the car mod for the Corvette C6R, version 5 as beta 2.

I can only say: this car is extremely great fun to drive! I did 6 rounds with it at Brno, and another 6 rounds at Silverstone, the they got the balance between grip and sliding extremely well. I have no idea whether it is realistic, but it sure is one of the most pleasant cars you can currently rive in AC. TC has just one setting (on-off, that means), but even with TC on you can hget the car to slide and to oversteer - but in such a wellbehaved and easy-to-control mode that the driver really has to push extremely to overdo things and spin off the track .

I love it. New darling car of mine.

The model also looks nice already, and the interior is very solid, maybe not the most polished cockpit in AC, but far from being just an improvised temporary solution.

Also: great sound! Sounds different from any car in AC.
Old 08-13-14, 06:53 AM   #333
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunos on FB
Dear AC followers,
We are pleased to introduce RSR Nurburg, new official partner of Assetto Corsa.
Working at the Nurburgring for the last 15 years, RSR Nurburg features a team of instructors and drivers among the best in the world, together with two permanent workshops and offices, one at the Nurburgring and one at Spa Francorchamps, also base of the Official Driving Academy of the Circuit of Spa Francorchamps.
This partnership will develop on different ways:
Nurburgring Nordschleife - As you already know, Assetto Corsa development team is working hard to reproduce the legendary Nordschleife circuit. The use of laserscan technology allows precision measurements down to less than a centimetre, guaranteeing unprecedented results in terms of realism and fidelity in the dynamic behaviour of our simulated vehicles.
An equally important aspect of driving on a race track is the extensive use of reference points used by experienced drivers to use 100% of the track: RSR Nurbug's instructors have an extensive knowledge of the track layout and reference points and will co- operate with the development team to include all the visual and geographical reference points used by local drivers to assure the highest possible level of realism: thanks to this co-operation Assetto Corsa will be an invaluable tool to learn and master the most dangerous race track in the world
Handling and Dynamic model - RSR Nurburg and Assetto Corsa share an exclusive garage: BMW M3 E30 and E92, Lotus Exige S, Elise, 2 Eleven, McLaren MP4-12C, together with Nissan GT-R, Toyota GT-86 and many other cars that will be included in Assetto Corsa's garage. RSR Nurburg's instructors knowledge, developed driving the same cars on the most comprehensive race track in the world is an invaluable know-how: the dynamic model and handling of the in-game cars will be further refined and developed by the feedback of the instructors thanks to a professional simulator installed at RSR Nurburg's headquarters, chasing the perfect correspondence between reality and simulation.
Tests, events and contests - Assetto Corsa's development team has already been supported by RSR Nurburg's team during the last trip to the Nurburgring Nordschleife, using cars from RSR fleet both for dynamic tests on track and for shooting. This kind of support will be extended to many more tracks like Vallelunga and Spa Francorchamps, where Assetto Corsa's development team will be able to use RSR Nurburg's cars for dynamic tests and surveys, with the ultimate goal to deliver the most realistic and perfected car simulation. RSR Nurburg and Kunos Simluazioni are working together to close the gap between simulated environment and real-life, with many initiatives to provide convenient services to all those who want to experience the thrill of driving on the track: stay tuned not to miss big news coming soon!
Note that in the above they have confirmed y new license for the Toyota brand, en passant, so to speak.

First screens from their Nordschleife: track surface details.

Assetto Corsa rules!
Old 08-19-14, 03:51 PM   #334
Skybird
Soaring

Some new and well-driving tracks have been released by modders.

There is the brandnew Monaco city circuit, in its latest layout, and boy, this easily is the best looking and most scenery-detailed version of it I ever haver seen in any racing sim. A must-have.

Also released just today, is the GP track of China.

Shomaru Pass is a hillclimb and (dive) that is a legal converison of some mod for another sim, it is a bit repetitive in the graphical elements it uses to debit the scenery, however it drives interestingly and flawlessly, up the hill, over the peek, and down on the other side again. I liked the ride, and it is not a short track either.

A flawless and solid presentation is Oran Park, which drives interestingly due to its bridged 8-layout.

Zaandvort is still in beta, but got released as beta already, and it really is a solid track that keeps up with its promises.

The rF1- conversion of a mod for the Transfagarasan also is being released, but still is under development. The uphill version works. The track sees constant updates right now, but already feels very well and looks better than the rF1 version.

Finally, a new from-scratch version of Donington has been done, and it is all better than the previously released legal conversion which already was good. The magical formula is the much improved landscape textures here. Visually, I would say the track looks very realistic. And it drives well!

I now have between 60 and 70 tracks in my track folder - the modding for a game not yet released as full version is already alive and well. Many new cars are under development, too, plus season-skin packs for racing classes, some of which already are released.

That's it for the moment - status of AC still is 0.21.13. Next major AC update scheduled for August 29th.

Assetto Corsa rules!
Old 08-22-14, 07:41 AM   #335
Skybird
Soaring

L.O.L. !

The track is released, named as Super Sprint 80s Style.

It's kind of a conversion. Sort of. Can one say that?

Assetto Corsa rules!
Old 08-28-14, 05:14 PM   #336
Skybird
Soaring

Today is update day. Let's see what it brings, it has been some time since the last one, it should be a biggie.
Old 08-29-14, 10:02 AM   #337
Skybird
Soaring

So here it is:

0.22:

- In-game apps must now be enabled in the game's launcher under Options > General
- Added new car Mercedes SLS
- Added new track Nurburgring Sprint
- Tyre model modifications, more direct and "alive" FFB on all cars. We advice less FF "effects"
- AI modifications for Mercedes SLS AMG & McLaren MP4 12C street
- fixed drag race
- all cars with H pattern manual gearbox, when used with paddles, can now enable autocut-off autoblip assist properly. The timings are slower than what you can achieve with an H shifter hardware.
- Fixed multiplayer leaderboard logic
- Fixeg bugs in multiplayer GUI
- Overlay leaderboard implemented (Press F9 to cycle between 4 different modes)
- Fixed horn & lights in multiplayer
- Graphics & CPU Performance improvements
- Multiplayer Blacklist system improved
- Intro video at first launch, possible to disable it from options
- Replay Size reduced
- Replay frame interpolation improved
- Time Attack : fixed crash when trying to load open tracks & lap estimation formula improved
- Setup Force Feedback setting page improved
- ksEditor : notify when skinned mesh is imported with a wrong scale
- ksEditor : fixed IN/OUT camera normalized start-end position not rendering on spline during camera editing
- Fixed small random flashes during gameplay
- Added dedicated leaderboard APP
- Updated TAB key ingame leaderboard with a new look and functions
- Skidmarks start shape fixed and rendering is now faster
- Python apps can be enabled / disabled from the launcher
- Fixed bug "return to pits and lap counting in some special cases"
- Added Python camera control
- Fixed tyres jittering at low speeds
- Fixed missing wheels when AI car brake its engine and goes to pits
- Physics related rules : now cars must respect their defined set of rules in order to run on the track
- Track cameras now place the car in the middle of the screen
- Post Process App selector : fixed loading of default ppEffects.ini
- AI improvements
- Improved Drag AI
- Skidmarks are now disabled when setting World Detail to minimum
- Dynamic track randomness now less pronounced

Assetto Corsa rules!

Last edited by Skybird; 08-29-14 at 06:10 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-14, 06:10 PM   #338
Skybird
Soaring

And as always after a patch release, a quick ripplefiring of follow-on patches: 4 patches in 5 hours. No bad reaction time...

Status is now 0.22.4

Mercedes SLS is brute power, and finally brute power in the brakes, too. Different feeling to drive this one, this kind of diversity is what makes ars a worthy contribution. Nürburgring Sprint is only a cut-short verison of the track already known. To me, the most noticable item on the feature list is that onbce agaion the AI has made a jump forward (after the last tweak having been a step backward). It really has entered the quality range now where I would rate it as competitive with that of any other racing sim out there, although as always: with some cars and on some tracks it is better, and with other cars or on other tracks not so much...

Another step ahead.

Assetto Corsa rules!
Old 09-01-14, 11:32 AM   #339
Skybird
Soaring

The Transfagarasan by Drdoomslab, as to be marvelled at in AC. Picture by Benjamin Joel.

Old 09-03-14, 10:02 PM   #340
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Default Some New Screens

Got some new screens of the Pagani Huayra, Shelby Cobra, and the Mercedes SLS AMG at Le Mans and the Nürburgring. The SLS skins are Clockwork Orange and Le Mans Spec.

Now I admit I was a bit surprised by the announcement to add the SLS to the AC garage, I was hoping more for a Jag, or Lambo, or heck even an Alpha, but I do like the SLS. It's fast, looks amazing although it is tail happy at times and the brakes leave a little to be desired but overall it's a great car. @Skybird is the Transfagarasan finished or is it still WIP?
Old 09-04-14, 05:34 AM   #341
Skybird
Soaring

Officially it still is WIP, but trust me - it looks an awful lot better than the rF1 or GSCE originals already, and the track is such that it already drives very well, the surface physics are fully functional. Still no AI, but as a hillclimb - go for it now. Its worth it. Chasing the F40 or the SLS up that track, is great fun. No need to wait: get it!
Old 09-09-14, 09:19 AM   #342
Skybird
Soaring

Nothing new on the Kunos front, status is 0.22.9

I have no word on whether there will be an update this Friday or not.

Stabiz has made a new AC video about the BMW M1, as as so often with his movies it is a piece of beauty, and a pleasure to watch and to listen to:

Having gotten used to the Mercedes SLS, I must say I really appreciate the very different feeling this car gives, it is a great contribution to the garage, and one of the most outstandinhg, unique cars in the collection so far. Though not the easiest to drive.

There have been a few more tracks releases, of which I would recommend especially these:

Lake Louise Loop Road - a 22.8 km long masterpiece in Beta that already now ranks amongst the best of the best tracks there are. It is a street track design, so no mean chicanes and supertight hairpins, but a layout you would expect from an ordinary, winding road in the mountains, it is designed from scratch, models a mountain landscape around a lake, and it really goes high and low. Driving it is a blast - and more difficult than at first glance it promises to be. A must have, don't miss it.

Spa Francorchamp as by layout in 1992 (with bus stop chicane) - a conversion of a mod for rF1, AFAIK it is a legal conversion and so I list it here. It is a solid conversion and brings to life this marvelous track, it drives very well, looks decent, and the AI can handle it competently, too. Good!

There have been two more tracks I would have liked to mention, but I later learned that the authors have stolen them without asking for permission from the original creators who did them on another platform. Theft like this I do not support, and I call these bastards by the name they deserve: thieves. May your systems go up in flames.

The Corvette C6 and Shelby Cobra mods have seen physics and settings updates to make them fully compatible with the 0.22 version of AC.

Assetto Corsa rules!
Old 09-12-14, 03:03 PM   #343
Skybird
Soaring

No update today. Rumour says the next thing they will release is the release candidate for 1.0 (=final official Beta).

That would mean whatever still is missing, will come in one big rush all at once.
Old 09-21-14, 12:39 PM   #344
Skybird
Soaring

Cool! Jason Statham must love this.

---

I mentioned it earlier, tis is the Donington mod track, version 1.3. This track must be amongst the very best ones so far being done, it looks and drives gorgeous, and is no conversion but an AC built-from-scratch.

---

status is 0.22.9
Old 09-22-14, 10:41 PM   #345
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Default Got some new screens. WARNING PIC HEAVY

Some new screens from a quick race I did between a McLaren MP4-12C GT3, a pair of Lotus Evora GTCs, a pair BMW M3 GT3 and a pair BWM Z4 GT3. Talk about a close race the BMWs where all over me and I was constantly trading places with a particular M3 for 1st place, thankfully the AI doesn't seem too keen on late braking.

Just off the start line.

Heading for the giant Dunlop tire.

Closing in on the first straight.

Around the bend, not mentally ofc.

BMWs EVERYWHERE!!! My nemeses is the lead M3 to left.

OH NO!!

My nemeses and I, side by side.

And a beauty shot for the McLaren in France on a sunny morning, WAKE UP FRENCHIES!!!

And across the line with the BMW M3 eating my exhaust.

And here's one from the second quick race I did, this time I swaped out the McLaren for a Lotus Evora GTC. Now that is close!!