SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-11, 04:50 PM   #3421
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0

[QUOTE=berobispo;1775871]just started a new campaign, havent played much sh4 recently. Installed TMO 2.2 and I'm wondering: is there a way to disable the sonar hearing contacts on the surface. it seems to me that my sonar (december 41) is as good in detecting contacts surfaced as it is submerged.[QUOTE]

I do not know how to disable map contacts on the surface or if it is possible. However, using the OTC mod with US radar from the beginning of the war, and you can pick up targets on radar, go to the screen, and find their bearing and approximate range. OTC replaces the Easy Aob mod, if that is what you are using to find the target's course. I use the real scopes version. OTC has a version that applies to TMO. CapnScury is a genius, and has developed what will probably be the mod of the year.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 10-28-11 at 08:50 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-11, 10:26 PM   #3422
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by berobispo View Post
just started a new campaign, havent played much sh4 recently. Installed TMO 2.2 and I'm wondering: is there a way to disable the sonar hearing contacts on the surface. it seems to me that my sonar (december 41) is as good in detecting contacts surfaced as it is submerged.

anyway, tmo is great fun, as always=)
Yes, you can adjust Sonar so its detection range increases as you dive deeper.

Example:(Using German Equipment)
The Kristalldrehbasisgerat (KDB) is mounted on the Deck and should not function while surfaced.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -8 meters.

The Gruppenhorchgerat (GHG) is mounted on ship sides just above foreward dive plains and should work while surfaced but range should be restricted while surfaced.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -3 meters.

The Balkon Gerat is mounted on the Keel where the Keel begins to curve up towards the bow. This Sonar should function while surface but range should be restricted.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -0 meters.

To make effective range increase as the ship dives deep, you can add multiple SensorData controllers adjusted to various depth and detection ranges that overlap slightly.

I made this MOD for SH5 and it works very well.
(R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2)

Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 12:40 AM   #3423
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default the beast

can you make on for SH4? There are several different subs.
Old 10-29-11, 12:57 AM   #3424
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default radio and pause questions

I have TMO2.2 and OTC mods running. I thought I saw a fix for the radio somewhere? Is there one?

Where is the key to reduce TC to 1 on the keyboard layout using TMO keys mod?
Old 10-29-11, 07:11 AM   #3425
berobispo
Helmsman

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Yes, you can adjust Sonar so its detection range increases as you dive deeper.

Example:(Using German Equipment)
The Kristalldrehbasisgerat (KDB) is mounted on the Deck and should not function while surfaced.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -8 meters.

The Gruppenhorchgerat (GHG) is mounted on ship sides just above foreward dive plains and should work while surfaced but range should be restricted while surfaced.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -3 meters.

The Balkon Gerat is mounted on the Keel where the Keel begins to curve up towards the bow. This Sonar should function while surface but range should be restricted.
This Sonar should be set to start working at depth of approximately -0 meters.

To make effective range increase as the ship dives deep, you can add multiple SensorData controllers adjusted to various depth and detection ranges that overlap slightly.

I made this MOD for SH5 and it works very well.
(R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2)

Regards!
TheBeast
Thanks! I am playing the American side, could you help me with instructions what files to change to decrease sonar range while surfaced (modest modding abilities?
berobispo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-11, 07:14 AM   #3426
berobispo
Helmsman

[QUOTE=I'm goin' down;1776083][QUOTE=berobispo;1775871]just started a new campaign, havent played much sh4 recently. Installed TMO 2.2 and I'm wondering: is there a way to disable the sonar hearing contacts on the surface. it seems to me that my sonar (december 41) is as good in detecting contacts surfaced as it is submerged.
Quote:

I do not know how to disable map contacts on the surface or if it is possible. However, using the OTC mod with US radar from the beginning of the war, and you can pick up targets on radar, go to the screen, and find their bearing and approximate range. OTC replaces the Easy Aob mod, if that is what you are using to find the target's course. I use the real scopes version. OTC has a version that applies to TMO. CapnScury is a genius, and has developed what will probably be the mod of the year.
not quite sure we mean the same thing, I am actually playing with Map-contacts off anyway, what I'd like to have is no sonar while surfaced (or very limited sonar)
Old 10-29-11, 07:53 AM   #3427
berobispo
Helmsman

Shame on me! I just re-read the TMO manual, if it is no bug but a historical feature, I am happy to have sonar that can detect something while surfaced (with a rduced range)=))
Old 11-09-11, 12:12 PM   #3428
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Downloads: 11
Default Odd behavior?

Installed SH4 and the UBoat add on from Steam. Installed the TMO mod (latest version + 2.2 update) and it installs with no problem using JGMSE (sp?)

Game runs fine except for one killer issue: Once I get into the game, and it can be a mission, tutorials, etc. if I click on an icon on the bottom (e.g. navigation, periscope, etc.) the game minimizes and goes to desktop. I can click on the SH4 tab and it will come back up, and then I can usually (but not always) click on the icon and get it to go to that screen. But as soon as I try to go to another screen (e.g. deckgun) it goes to desktop again. I then get back in, etc.

Very tiresome to have to play this way! Is this a known issue? Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix this?

BTW - been playing subsims for a LONG time (anyone else remember the original GAT sim on the Apple II? ) and SH4 + TMO is simply amazing. Thanks for the hard and high quality work.
jeff lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 02:10 PM   #3429
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
Installed SH4 and the UBoat add on from Steam. Installed the TMO mod (latest version + 2.2 update) and it installs with no problem using JGMSE (sp?)

. . . if I click on an icon on the bottom (e.g. navigation, periscope, etc.) the game minimizes and goes to desktop. I can click on the SH4 tab and it will come back up, and then I can usually (but not always) click on the icon and get it to go to that screen. But as soon as I try to go to another screen (e.g. deckgun) it goes to desktop again. I then get back in, etc.

Very tiresome to have to play this way! Is this a known issue? Any ideas on what is going on and how to fix this?
On the first 'choice' screen (when the sim first loads), GOTO: OPTIONS/GRAPHIC SETTINGS - be sure 'Windowed Mode' is UNCHECKED. Its the first choice.
I'm not sure why clicking on any button EXCEPT the RESTORE DOWN button should put you into a minimized screen, but the Options/Graphic Settings would be the first thing I would check (or UNcheck).
NOTE: If you have to UNcheck the 'Windowed Mode', then load a SAVED game, it will not apply. Changes in the OPTIONS MENU won't have any affect on SAVED games - they will revert to the options they had when last saved.

Good Hunting
Old 11-09-11, 08:00 PM   #3430
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Thanks. It was already unchecked, so just for a test I checked it. It seemed to work better, thought that fixed it, made several changes, then it did it again.

One thing I notice - when I put the mouse arrow over an icon and it is going to work, the mouse arrow just looks like the mouse pointer. When it is going to go to desktop, I can see what looks like a line/text cursor on the mouse pointer. FWIW
Old 11-09-11, 09:16 PM   #3431
Thundergrunt
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

OK im noob here and need a little guidance I have read the FAQ, the Install guide and most of the pages here. but still cant find a fix to get TMO 2.2 to work.

Problem:
SH4 v 1.5 have Mod Editor installed and all the folders and files as stated and in the right places. I activated The first TMO version and it would hang up the Mod editor and still show the original game stuff. so I moved that back to the left side then added the 2.2 and it loaded the game fine but none of the screens changed but noticed in the Single player and missions and stuff it had all the cool stuff. then I tried to load my saved campaign and the game crashes and asks to send an error report. So I went back to port and saved like the instructions stated that you have to be in port or in the office. so I did I saved exited the game Loaded 2.2 then started the game this time the new screens showed up and stuff, so I went to load my campaign and the game crashed again. So I uninstalled and reinstalled everything again and it is still crashing out , any clues am i missing a step??
Thundergrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-11, 10:18 PM   #3432
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

thunder... try startng a new mission or new campaign. Adding a supermod when a game is in progress may be the problem, as a supermod like TMO changes many of the stock settings. If you are able to run the mod with a new mission and new campaign, then you may have resolved your issue.
Old 11-09-11, 10:57 PM   #3433
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
On the first 'choice' screen (when the sim first loads), GOTO: OPTIONS/GRAPHIC SETTINGS - be sure 'Windowed Mode' is UNCHECKED. Its the first choice.
I'm not sure why clicking on any button EXCEPT the RESTORE DOWN button should put you into a minimized screen, but the Options/Graphic Settings would be the first thing I would check (or UNcheck).
NOTE: If you have to UNcheck the 'Windowed Mode', then load a SAVED game, it will not apply. Changes in the OPTIONS MENU won't have any affect on SAVED games - they will revert to the options they had when last saved.

Good Hunting
OK, I put it in Windowed mode and the jumps out to the desktop/minimizing the game no longer happen. However, I'd much rather run it in full screen mode. If putting it in Windowed mode prevents this from happening, is that a lead for what is going on (and how to fix it?)

Thanks.
Old 11-10-11, 03:21 AM   #3434
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Originally Posted by Roger Dodger

Good Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
OK, I put it in Windowed mode and the jumps out to the desktop/minimizing the game no longer happen. However, I'd much rather run it in full screen mode. If putting it in Windowed mode prevents this from happening, is that a lead for what is going on (and how to fix it?)
Thanks.
Read again - I said to UNcheck Windowed Mode - that is, take it out of Windowed Mode. I thought you might have the game in windowed mode, and that was causing your problem. If you put it into windowed mode, and the problem stops, then there is a different problem. I have no idea what could be causing this, except some confusion in the coding. You might have to completly delete the entire sim, and re-load.

If you do have to re-load the program, I would suggest you also clean the registry too. I use CCleaner ( http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ). I think its free, but you can donate if you like it. Also cleans out all the TEMP files left by your browser. You might want to start with CCleaner before you go to all the trouble of reloading the SH4. A faulty register can cause all sorts of wierd problems.
Old 11-10-11, 02:41 PM   #3435
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger

Read again - I said to UNcheck Windowed Mode - that is, take it out of Windowed Mode. I thought you might have the game in windowed mode, and that was causing your problem. If you put it into windowed mode, and the problem stops, then there is a different problem. I have no idea what could be causing this, except some confusion in the coding. You might have to completly delete the entire sim, and re-load.

No, I read you correctly - Windows mode was already unchecked. That's why I checked it - since the problem was occurring while unchecked, I figured I'd change it to see if the mode had any impact. It did. No idea why, but it did.