SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-10, 07:33 PM   #3406
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemeri View Post
Thank you for your job and thanks God that you exist!

Just a little question: does the navigator take into account own U-boat movement during target's AOB and speed calculations or the U-boat should stand still for correct results?
I can say that there's no direct input of the uboat's speed or heading into the calculations but Antar would be the best one to ask that question to. He provided the formulas and I provided the code I haven't even tried a running 'calc' with it - try it and report back results I can see that the speed would be thrown off as it relies on the time between stadimeter readings and the difference in bearings to the target to calculate the speed. AOB I'm not too sure about When I use the SH3 style speed finder or the new AOB and Speed finder from range readings my sub is always stopped or moving very slow.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 07:36 PM   #3407
greyrebel
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

yes, I must have edited something that i dont remember, i took out the mod folder and made a new one, i didnt edit anything this time and the ui looks fine now. funny thing is i followed your youtube video to the letter the first time. Im not sure what i did wrong.
greyrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 07:38 PM   #3408
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrebel View Post
yes, I must have edited something that i dont remember, i took out the mod folder and made a new one, i didnt edit anything this time and the ui looks fine now. funny thing is i followed your youtube video to the letter the first time. Im not sure what i did wrong.
if you want, send me your options file from the first time you edited it and I'll look it over to see what's arai
Old 07-03-10, 09:18 PM   #3409
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.3.0 work has begun. Just added ArcLight's scopes and started adding a RAOBF to the mod.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-04-10 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-04-10, 12:05 AM   #3410
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

all coded in and working......but I don't understand how to use it The inner ring rotates but that's about all I know to do with it (uses the same keys as the heading bar and navmap draggable compasses - Q and E. Shift + Q or Shift + E causes it to rotate faster). I added a new button to the torpedo panel that controls the RAOBF visibility. Each scope (attack, obs, and UZO) has the ability to display the RAOBF. You can see the button in the screenshot below for the Obs scope:

Now all that needs to be done is to make graticules for it. Who's up for the task??

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 07-04-10 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-04-10, 04:37 AM   #3411
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
since those are not my .dds files for the RAOBF I need to know who is the author for proper crediting. Does anyone know who it is? I pulled them from Reaper7's UI mod
Think Reaper7 got them from karamazovnew.
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 06:09 AM   #3412
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97

This becomes great with the included "reaper7" mod.

Waited all the time for these 2 great mods working together.

Last edited by java`s revenge; 07-04-10 at 06:30 AM.
java`s revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 06:19 AM   #3413
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Thoes Graticules Are my Work (And there the bit that makes the whole thing work). And there calibrated to work with my Camera.cam files. They will not work in your current UI, it took me weeks of messing (A lot of rework in Photoshop) to get them calibrated.

It would have been nice to have been asked first about using them.
I would have given permission.

Changing the colour to yellow doesn't make them any less mine.
And I also got Permission from karamazovnew before using his work also.

Last edited by reaper7; 07-04-10 at 06:46 AM.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 07:47 AM   #3414
kemeri
Seaman

Downloads: 34

Quote:
I can say that there's no direct input of the uboat's speed or heading into the calculations but Antar would be the best one to ask that question to. He provided the formulas and I provided the code I haven't even tried a running 'calc' with it - try it and report back results I can see that the speed would be thrown off as it relies on the time between stadimeter readings and the difference in bearings to the target to calculate the speed. AOB I'm not too sure about When I use the SH3 style speed finder or the new AOB and Speed finder from range readings my sub is always stopped or moving very slow.
After checking the feature here is some feedback.
While U-boat is standing still the navigator is rather correct . But while moving all the things are messed. So the U-boat should be at least as slow as possible to achieve rather good calculation results (the navigator is an old, tired man.... ).

Also it would be better, IMHO, to receive not the target's AOB, but it's actual course instead. Because the course and the speed are the main parameters of the target, AOB is secondary and depends upon U-boat position.

Anyway it's an excellent addition, it simplifies targeting/plotting with map updates option off.
kemeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 09:39 AM   #3415
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemeri View Post
After checking the feature here is some feedback.
While U-boat is standing still the navigator is rather correct . But while moving all the things are messed. So the U-boat should be at least as slow as possible to achieve rather good calculation results (the navigator is an old, tired man.... ).

Also it would be better, IMHO, to receive not the target's AOB, but it's actual course instead. Because the course and the speed are the main parameters of the target, AOB is secondary and depends upon U-boat position.

Anyway it's an excellent addition, it simplifies targeting/plotting with map updates option off.
Antar is working with me to try and get the target's course also He gave me some formulas to use but I haven't had the time to sit down and code it yet.
Old 07-04-10, 09:49 AM   #3416
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

I ran into a bit of oddity with the latest version. I had been using tubes 3 and 4 for most of my fish and after some period of time (3-4 ships were sunk) I could no longer open the doors prior to launching the fish. As you can see in this screenshot I used the first tube after seeing that the switches to open the doors still worked on all other tubes except tubes 3 and 4 which I'd been using. Notice also in the screen when I'm moused over the switch it shows it disabled.

7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 09:52 AM   #3417
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Thoes Graticules Are my Work (And there the bit that makes the whole thing work). And there calibrated to work with my Camera.cam files. They will not work in your current UI, it took me weeks of messing (A lot of rework in Photoshop) to get them calibrated.

It would have been nice to have been asked first about using them.
I would have given permission.Changing the colour to yellow doesn't make them any less mine.
And I also got Permission from karamazovnew before using his work also.
When you give blanket permission to use anything of your mod as in this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=33 then one only needs to add credits in the mod to the original author.
Since his graticules are calibrated to his cameras file (which explains why they seemed off and not working correctly) in his mod and I'm using ArcLight's scopes now, who wants to make a new graticule file for this RAOBF based on ArcLight's camera file
Old 07-04-10, 09:55 AM   #3418
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
I ran into a bit of oddity with the latest version. I had been using tubes 3 and 4 for most of my fish and after some period of time (3-4 ships were sunk) I could no longer open the doors prior to launching the fish. As you can see in this screenshot I used the first tube after seeing that the switches to open the doors still worked on all other tubes except tubes 3 and 4 which I'd been using. Notice also in the screen when I'm moused over the switch it shows it disabled.
interesting You should still be able to fire those tubes. What happens if you fire that tube? When it's reloaded does it become enabled again?
Old 07-04-10, 09:58 AM   #3419
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
When you give blanket permission to use anything of your mod as in this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=33
That was not a blanket permission to use any of the Individual bits of the UI Mod. But a permission to use the Mod in full.
It was an offer to merge My complete UI into yours as requested by others in the previous posts of that thread.

A bit of common courtesy would have gone a lot further.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-10, 09:59 AM   #3420
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Haven't tried firing it yet after the switch stopped working, I just saved the game and was going to try restarting it to see if that fixes it. I'll let you know and if restarting doesn't fix it I'll fire the tube and see what happens.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui