SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-10, 12:03 PM   #3391
Temujin
Bosun

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
switch 'charge' <-> 'std propulsion' doesn't work

it seems that the switch between 'charge the batteries' and 'standard propulsion' doesn't work right.

On previous surface, I switched to 'standard propulsion'. The yellow marked moved to the propeller's icon, and the gages showed about 300 RPM each. However, switching back to 'charge the batteries' did not work. The battery icon started to flash (white) but the gages didn't show any change as it shows when it actually charges the batteries.

Then I had to dive again, and when surface, the situation is flipped. Now the battery icon is yellow, the gages show 'charge mode' but I can't switch to 'standard propulsion'. The propeller's icon flashes in white, but not actual change is happening.

Am I missing something?

Temujin
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 12:10 PM   #3392
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
looked over BIGREG's periscope height change to figure out how he did it and realized it was done really easily with Goblin Editor app so I changed the attack scope/attack wire scope to 5.3m and the obs scope/obs wire scope to 2.7m
Also been tinkering with the directional antenna and the radio antenna making them automatically extend/retract and for the directional antenna, rotate. Here is the radio antenna extended (it's not fully functional but just wanted to see if it was even possible to make it extend via key commands):
This is good news. Now that you can see that the Communications Antenna extends slightly high then the Attack Periscope, you might be able to hard code the depth to receive radio messages. Possibley in the future, you can fix the radio so we can transmit radio messages when at Periscope Depth and the Antenna is Extended.
Maybe 18-20 meters Submerged Transmit/Receive Radio.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 12:24 PM   #3393
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
it seems that the switch between 'charge the batteries' and 'standard propulsion' doesn't work right.

On previous surface, I switched to 'standard propulsion'. The yellow marked moved to the propeller's icon, and the gages showed about 300 RPM each. However, switching back to 'charge the batteries' did not work. The battery icon started to flash (white) but the gages didn't show any change as it shows when it actually charges the batteries.

Then I had to dive again, and when surface, the situation is flipped. Now the battery icon is yellow, the gages show 'charge mode' but I can't switch to 'standard propulsion'. The propeller's icon flashes in white, but not actual change is happening.

Am I missing something?

Temujin
there are time delays associated with switching to and from standard and recharge propulsion. By default each is 5 mins (game time). You can change the delays in the options file.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 01:38 PM   #3394
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin
(...) Then I had to dive again, and when surface, the situation is flipped. Now the battery icon is yellow, the gages show 'charge mode' but I can't switch to 'standard propulsion'. The propeller's icon flashes in white, but not actual change is happening.

Am I missing something?
there are time delays associated with switching to and from standard and recharge propulsion. By default each is 5 mins (game time). You can change the delays in the options file.
Good point Temujin!
The new user of this mod can ask: what happens?

DarkWright,

Maybe good advice is add new text command from diesel room?
Something like: "Captain, chief reported that the engines standard mode will be ready in about 5 minutes."

Maybe I'm wrong but these comment create a "living boat"... who knows, maybe in the near future some a German friend will record a voice command for officers...

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 02:06 PM   #3395
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Good point Temujin!

DarkWright,

Something like: "Captain, chief reported that the engines standard mode will be ready in about 5 minutes."

Maybe I'm wrong but these comment create a "living boat"... who knows, maybe in the near future some a German friend will record a voice command for officers...
I like it I'll add some text to the messagebox denoting something of the likes you posted
Old 07-03-10, 02:52 PM   #3396
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

DarkWright, I'm really sorry that I give you additional extra work to an already closed threads in your mode, thank you!

"To be perfect?"

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 03:02 PM   #3397
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
DarkWright, I'm really sorry that I give you additional extra work to an already closed threads in your mode, thank you!

"To be perfect?"
I took everything one step further and gave timedelays randomness. You specify the base time delay and a real time delay is calculated based on a random number between 0.0 and 1.0 and that random number is multiplied by the base TD and added to it for the real time delay. This will make it look like the actions being taken aren't 'scripted' - maybe they ran into problem switching modes, maybe the navigator is having a hard time doing the calculations, etc.
Old 07-03-10, 05:08 PM   #3398
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Request please . While looking thru the observation periscope , if i click on the fully lower icon it puts me back out of the periscope view and into the control room and lowers the periscope . What i would like is the attack periscope to do the same thing . At the moment it just lowers the periscope fully and i stay in the periscope view . Iwould like to be back in the control tower .
request granted New user option added that controls this - AttackFullyLowerButtonLeavesStationForBridge.

That wraps up v3.2.0. Here's the change log for v3.2.0:

v3.2.0 - added a new user option that enables the navigator to calculate speed and AOB of the target from range readings taken. It works this way: if you have a target selected or locked and you take a range reading then that range reading is stored with the target. If you take another range reading and each subsequent range reading taken will cause the navigator to calculate the target's AOB and speed from the range reading just taken and the prior one. If the calculated difference between range readings is less than 50m or the calculated speed comes out < 2 knots then he tells you he doesn't have enough information to determine AOB and speed. If both the calculated range difference is less than 50m and calculated speed is < 2 knots and the time difference between readings is less than 9 secs then he tells you he doesn't have enough information to calculate AOB and Speed for target else he tells you the AOB and the speed as 0.0 knots. This information is displayed in the messagebox. If you select a different target AND take a range reading for that target then the values stored for the previous target are cleared. (NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs)
- if the user option NavigatorAssistAOBSpeedCalcs is enabled (True) then the time (in seconds) it takes the Navigator to compute the AOB and Speed of a target from 2 range measurements is computed from a new user option that specifies the base time it takes him. There is a random amount added to this that is in the range (0, 1.0) * value (i.e. realtimedelay = NavCalcTimeAOBSpeedBaseFromRangeMeasurements + (Random * NavCalcTimeAOBSpeedBaseFromRangeMeasurements) (NavCalcTimeAOBSpeedBaseFromRangeMeasurements)
- when you stop timing of the SH3 style speed estimator, the navigator will calculate the speed of the target from that time measurement. The base time (in seconds) it takes the Navigator to compute the Speed of a target from the time measurements is a new user option. There is a random amount added to this that is in the range (0, 1.0) * value (i.e. realtimedelay = NavCalcTimeSpeedFromTimeMeasurements + (Random * NavCalcTimeSpeedFromTimeMeasurements) (NavCalcTimeSpeedFromTimeMeasurements)
- SH3 style speed estimator now also gives the avg speed for the target in the messagebox. If you change targets and use the SH3 style speed estimator on the new target, the old target's avg speed will be cleared
- added a snorkel depth icon to the standard depth menu bar. Clicking the icon will take the sub to snorkel depth. Snorkel depth is periscope depth - 2.6m. This periscope depth is found in the sub's .cfg file. I've edited all the sub's .cfg files snorkel depth to the correct value.
- changed the extended heights of the pericopes. The attack/attack wire is now 5.3m. The obs/obs wire is now 2.7m.
- the twisty periscope wire thingies are enabled by default now in the mod
- added a new user option that controls the mini-map's TAI mode width at game start (TAIInitialWidth)
- added a new user option that controls the mini-map's TAI mode height at game start (TAIInitialHeight)
- more code optimization done
- fixed bug of XO TDC Dialog box not repositioning correctly when it's not draggable and the messagebox visibility changes in the SH3/4 UI styles
- added a new user option that controls whether the user is teleported to the bridge upon pressing the attack scope's fully lower button. Default value is False (disabled) (AttackFullyLowerButtonLeavesStationForBridge)
- switch to recharge and std propulsion user options time delays are now base times. A final delay time is calculated using a random number added to the base (the random number is a number between 0.0-1.0 and it's multiplied by the base time and the result is added to the base time)

I'll be packaging it up now and making it available for release here soon.
Old 07-03-10, 05:29 PM   #3399
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Good point Temujin!

DarkWright,

how's this for starters:

if StormFly or someone has some sounds for this or can make some new speech sounds I can play them with these events
Old 07-03-10, 06:12 PM   #3400
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.2.0 released. See post #1 for details
Old 07-03-10, 06:36 PM   #3401
naights
Sparky

Downloads: 384
Uploads: 7

Hi:

Awesome work
naights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 06:44 PM   #3402
greyrebel
Nub

Downloads: 1

after i downloaded this mod, and activated it via JSGME i have alot of stuff in the center of my screen when i start up the game. how can i get this stuff off the screen?

the stuff on the screen looks like tutorials or something.
greyrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 06:56 PM   #3403
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyrebel View Post
after i downloaded this mod, and activated it via JSGME i have alot of stuff in the center of my screen when i start up the game. how can i get this stuff off the screen?

the stuff on the screen looks like tutorials or something.
you either have a corrupted download, your options file is corrupted (did you edit it?), or the mod is not installed correctly, or you are not patched to v1.2 of the game.
Old 07-03-10, 07:22 PM   #3404
kemeri
Seaman

Downloads: 34

Quote:

v3.2.0 - added a new user option that enables the navigator to calculate speed and AOB of the target from range readings taken ...
Thank you for your job and thanks God that you exist!

Just a little question: does the navigator take into account own U-boat movement during target's AOB and speed calculations or the U-boat should stand still for correct results?
kemeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 07:31 PM   #3405
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
- added a new user option that controls the mini-map's TAI mode width at game start (TAIInitialWidth)
- added a new user option that controls the mini-map's TAI mode height at game start (TAIInitialHeight)
Like this option which has been added, took a few tries to get an ideal of how much to increase/decrease the settings for getting my desired size but got it set and no longer have to adjust it after every game start.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui