SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-09-11, 01:18 AM   #3391
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatman View Post
If you check the TMO 2.0 PDF manual it tells you about the SHIV deck gun bug and how with TMO you have to make a choice about whether you want your gun to be bow or stern mounted before you start your career, if you choose to have it on the rear and by taking a Porpoise boat you did so, you must enable the aft deck gun option in JSGME before loading up SHIV and starting your career, otherwise the stern deck gun will not appear.

Check the PDF, it will explain things a lot better than I did
About deck guns, the PDF says:
By default, TMO defaults to mounting deck guns forward of the conning tower, as this is the most popular placement.
The exception to this are the Tambor, and Gar, which ONLY have an aft mount due to the larger 5"/51 caliber deck gun they can equip. A bow mount for these two classes is not available.

If you prefer your deck gun mounted aft of the conning tower, enable the "TMO_Aft_deckguns" alternate mod found in the documentation directory.

EXTRA SPECIAL NOTE:
You must make your deck gun selection before you start your career game. If you prefer a bow mount, you need not do anything except start your game. If you prefer a stern mount, you must enable the alternate mod discussed above. Once you make this selection, you cannot change without causing the "deck gun crew bug" to appear, and you will not have crew slots for your deck gun crew.

Actually, I didn't 'choose' a porpoise, I was 'given' one to replace the S-Boat I started with. Also, I didn't enable the alternate mod since I'm not too keen on the aft mounted gun. The Equipment Screen (in port) clearly shows the boat with an aft mounted gun and no choice for a deck gun is given at all. No choice, no gun, no gun crew slots, and the deck gun button is blacked out. I'll take that to mean the porpoise default is an aft mounted gun. I'll just have to do without one until my next assignment.

Thanx for the help
Old 09-09-11, 04:00 AM   #3392
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
Actually, I didn't 'choose' a porpoise, I was 'given' one to replace the S-Boat I started with.

Thanx for the help
Apologies for the assumption and I guess, you're welcome
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 05:23 AM   #3393
astexe
Nub

Downloads: 195

Good
astexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 05:27 AM   #3394
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Welcome to SubSim astexe!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 11:14 PM   #3395
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default are the speeds submerged accurate

there is a mod out there that increases speed submerged. Are the TMO2.2 submerged speeds historically accurate, or are they too slow?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 12:02 AM   #3396
Fragtzack
Seaman

Downloads: 78
Default TMO 2.2 bug?

Hi skippers,

First of all, TMO is my favorite mod. Been playing with it for about 2 years now.

Been encountering a weird bug with 2.2:

When using a Gar,Gato or Baleo the sonar station hydrophone can not be moved. That is, I can not direct the hydrophone to a certain bearing to listen.

Other subs seems to work fine. If I remove the 2.0->2.2 mod and just use TMO2.0 the Gar/Gato and Baleo works fine.

Need help!

Updates:

--Downloaded TMO 2.2 update again, in case original was corrupt download. No help with new download.
--Poking around with the files that get updating with 2.2, discovered the problem is in Data\Interior\NSS_GATO\NSS_Gato_CT.dat file.
Replacing this NSS_Gato_CT.dat with the TMO2.0 version and the hydrophone starts working again. (Able to click the hydrophone 360 dial to point the hydrophone at a bearing)

Note, TMO2.0 and TMO2.2 Update are the only mods used. Definitely seems a bug, least for my setup.

Thanks

Last edited by Fragtzack; 10-16-11 at 01:13 AM.
Fragtzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 03:12 PM   #3397
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

I am running TMO 2.2 and I just check Hydrophone Station on Balao and it is working fine.
Page-Up
Page-Down
Mouse Wheel
All above controls work propperly to move Hydrophone

Must have something to do with the 2.0 > 2.2 Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragtzack View Post
Hi skippers,

First of all, TMO is my favorite mod. Been playing with it for about 2 years now.

Been encountering a weird bug with 2.2:

When using a Gar,Gato or Baleo the sonar station hydrophone can not be moved. That is, I can not direct the hydrophone to a certain bearing to listen.

Other subs seems to work fine. If I remove the 2.0->2.2 mod and just use TMO2.0 the Gar/Gato and Baleo works fine.

Need help!

Updates:

--Downloaded TMO 2.2 update again, in case original was corrupt download. No help with new download.
--Poking around with the files that get updating with 2.2, discovered the problem is in Data\Interior\NSS_GATO\NSS_Gato_CT.dat file.
Replacing this NSS_Gato_CT.dat with the TMO2.0 version and the hydrophone starts working again. (Able to click the hydrophone 360 dial to point the hydrophone at a bearing)

Note, TMO2.0 and TMO2.2 Update are the only mods used. Definitely seems a bug, least for my setup.

Thanks

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 03:23 PM   #3398
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I am running TMO 2.2 and I just check Page-Up
Page-Down
Mouse Wheel
Wait ... that's how the hydrophone moves? Cool beans!
Old 10-17-11, 07:33 PM   #3399
Fragtzack
Seaman

Uninstalled SH4 and deleted saved games folder. Then installed SH4/Uboats +TMO2.0+TMO2.2 update

Problem still occurs.
To clarify problem:

With TMO2.2 update, Gato class subs (Gar/Gato/Balaeo) have broken hydrophone in that the player can not direct the hydrophone to a bearing. Remove TMO2.2 update and the problem goes away.

Any ideas?
Old 10-19-11, 01:42 PM   #3400
Fragtzack
Seaman

See the issue now, the control for the user is now the mouse scroll button instead of the the clickable hydrophone 360 degree wheel.

This change is undocumented in either the 2.1 manual or the 2.2 manual.

Also, this change only affects the Gato class. The other class subs are still able to click the hydrophone wheel and also use the mouse scroll button.

Seems a bug to me.

Last edited by Fragtzack; 10-19-11 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-21-11, 06:55 AM   #3401
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339

I, too, have to report a bug with v.2.2:

In several occasions the game makes my PC reboot. This was with only TMO 2.0 +the 2.2 patch and RSRD (installed correctly with patch according to Lurker's detailed description) activated. It does NOT happen with any other mod, RFB, OM, WDAD, everything runs fine, but TMO 2.2 reboots my PC in some cases. No CTD, but a full and complete reboot.

The reboots always happen when this combination of things happens:

-My sub is submerged and surfaces.
-The sub is in territory with japanese aircover.
-It is day or at least there's light enough that planes can fly.

As for the sub it seems to happen no matter what type I use. What makes it more difficult to find is the fact that it does not reboot all the time.

I think something is broken in the sensors section of 2.2, maybe the RWR equipment? Or the radar of the japanese aircrafts? Something like that.

I tried a new downloaded 2.2 and it did not change the issue, so it is not a corrupted download.

Any ideas?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 06:58 AM   #3402
Radio
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragtzack View Post
See the issue now, the control for the user is now the mouse scroll button instead of the the clickable hydrophone 360 degree wheel.

This change is undocumented in either the 2.1 manual or the 2.2 manual.

Also, this change only affects the Gato class. The other class subs are still able to click the hydrophone wheel and also use the mouse scroll button.

Seems a bug to me.

Yep, same here, I was very surprised when the view changed instead of the wheel.

Old 10-21-11, 09:38 AM   #3403
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

This 'bug" that's been pointed out regarding the mouse capture of the Sonar bearing dial is a stock game issue. Been there since day one. Fragtzack, brought it to my attention thinking it had something to do with his using the "Optical Targeting Correction for TMO". Since I know this issue exists with or without TMO, I decided to look into it considering I'm making a compatible mod for TMO and RSRDCv502. I've had a suspicion for some time as to what could be causing this but frankly (like most of us modders) we shrug off the obvious and work on the issues we want to change and ignore the rest (it took over 4 years to realize the optics in the game show differently depending on what resolution a player uses!!).

So I followed my suspicion that the Gato link to the Sonar bearing dial was misplaced and sure enough it was. The link to the proper 3D "Focusable" image was to the ID link for the Porpoise class. Now, this is for the stock game files, but the TMO files (either 2.0 or 2.2) don't change this particular parameter (remember I said we modders usually only change the issues we feel are important. Forgeting about the rest ).

A fix to the issue for the TMO mod can be done by those that have the Silent 3ditor installed. In the following image I've got the file Data/Interior/NSS_Gato/NSS_Gato_CT.sim opened. This file comes from the "TMO_Update_20_to_22" mod.

Before you do anything, remove the mod from the game with the JSGME application. Find the above listed file and open it with the 3ditor then find the Node:542.

Copy this ID number>> 0x7fc7991ec6d679f8

Paste it into the Parent ID slot of the Node:542 (as the image shows).

Save the file, and reactivate the "TMO_Update_20_to_22" in JSGME. You're good to go!

For those not using the 2.2 Update, remove the "TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2" from the JSGME application and open the same Data/Interior/NSS_Gato/NSS_Gato_CT.sim file in the Silent 3ditor and go to Node:64.

Copy and paste the same Parent ID: 0x7fc7991ec6d679f8

in the same location as the image and save the file.

I'll be putting this correction into my future Optical Targeting Correction mods; but for now the same change must be done to them as the TMO mods (since I simply copied the old TMO files for OTC when making them compatible).

This should fix the issue of not having the Sonar bearing allowing a mouse capture to set the dial. The Gato file is also used for the Gar subs, so they should be corrected too (or any other sub that uses the NSS_Gato_CT.sim file).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 04:01 PM   #3404
BillDickson
Watch

Downloads: 114

Hi All

Just started taking SH4 seriously and trying to input more realisim into my sessiions.

I have TMO2.2+RSDC installed.

I have two questions relating to deterction, I have searched the forums and readmeas but cant find the answer, probably missed it.

Q1 In the radar plot how do you deternine the contact range.

Q2 At night when cruising on the surface what is the optical detection range of a IJN DD

Will apreciate any help with this

Thanks

Bill
BillDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-11, 08:26 AM   #3405
Radio
Planesman

Thanks CapnScurvy! Now if I only could find a solution for the CTD/Reboot thing...