Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-14, 04:11 AM   #3346
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

Tribe: I blame successive governments but the one person who should be on trail for massive fraud and theft is Gordon Brown. He is the one mainly responsible for the bank fiasco by deregulating banks and allowing them to do what they want, with our money. It was he who robbed the pensions funds of billions to hide his gross criminal errors as Chancellor.

Unions. They were once for the worker and stood by their side. This has not been the case since the late 40s. They realised the power they could wield and began using it by organising strikes purely on political grounds and against democratically elected parties. They started a mass move to remove the Tory Government in the 70s and succeeded in one, Edward Heath, because he was too frightened to take them on. When they got labour back in they shut up. Then along came Maggie and they tried it again; they do not like elected opposition, they wanted yes men in parliament. I was in the AUEW for a while, the T&G went on strike in Vauxhalls Car Plant, because it was a politically greedy motivated strike, led by Red Ken, the AUEW refused to come out. At that time the AUEW was led by a black guy, Williams I think his name was, would have made a good pm. A popular leader and intelligent man.

Maggie stuffed them and rightly so, especially that one man war of Scargills using the miners to his own personal ends then ditching them like rotting meat. And before anyone says it, it was not Maggie who closed the mines, it was the Health & Safety Body and the National Miners Union. The mines became too dangerous to work in, and the Coal Board said they could not afford the billions it would have taken to even attempt a fix.

The Union of Democratic Miners, the breakaway miners from Scargills Trotskyite union, tried to continue to run mines that had not fallen into a dangerous condition, but it was too little too late.
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 09-23-14, 04:19 AM   #3347
Red Devil
The Old Man

I have no problem with people coming to this country to work, and working. But for every 10 than come to work, 10,000 come to scrounge off the welfare state.

It is those that should be figuratively bulldozed off the cliffs at Dover and sent packing.

This is the main reason the UKIP is gaining thousands of followers weekly. We, the people, want out of the EU and now, not later. Then all these scroungers can go to hell.

Those working full time, not full time beggars either, can still work here but under our laws not Brussels. If any trangress, deport them, easy!
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 09-23-14, 10:45 AM   #3348
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
I have no problem with people coming to this country to work, and working. But for every 10 than come to work, 10,000 come to scrounge off the welfare state.

Old 09-23-14, 12:07 PM   #3349
Red Devil
The Old Man

Well, as I lived though it, and talk utter rubbish I shall leave it there. The debate is obviously terminated.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 09-23-14, 12:28 PM   #3350
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
Good point.
Its getting hard to find decent workers over here now, they are all off to the UK(those that hadn't already gone to the US or Aus/NZ)
The local paper has adverts for jobs in Britain every week, well paid jobs.
The British companies just cannot find enough British workers who are qualified or able to do the jobs.
Hmmmmm, if decent Irish workers are off to the UK/world, it means that if I can't get a job in the UK I can always try Ireland
Old 09-23-14, 01:37 PM   #3351
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribesman View Post
Yep, the downside is that tax is a right bugger over here.
You can get the same pay rates here for the jobs as you can in Britain, but when you consider the extra tax and the higher cost of living you get a lot more money in your pocket at the end of the day by taking the British job.
I see your govt. is taking the lessons from our govt. (or vice versa): tax everything to hell and then wonder why everyone is leaving.

There's a joke here: we can be engineers in Slovenia or dishwashers in Ireland, pay's the same
Old 09-23-14, 01:54 PM   #3352
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I recall that Ireland is one of the destinations for US companies seeking tax avoidance.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 09-26-14, 12:20 PM   #3353
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

UKIP parking its tanks on Labour's lawn - Farage

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29381909

This bloke as got to be a closet Tory, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, me thinks he wants to kick Clegg out of toffboys bed and jump in to it himself.
Old 09-26-14, 07:06 PM   #3354
Red Devil
The Old Man

The only people who do not trust Farage are left wing,search your conscience and then decide - are you saying such because you think communism is the way forward, or democracy - your choice.

Those of you who have grown up in comprehensives need not take this test as you have been brainwashed by commie unionist teachers.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 09-27-14, 04:27 AM   #3355
Red Devil
The Old Man

we have more than that number in Birmingham on the streets as professional beggars!! come and have a look.
>

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Old 09-27-14, 07:33 AM   #3356
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
The only people who do not trust Farage are left wing,search your conscience and then decide - are you saying such because you think communism is the way forward, or democracy - your choice.

Those of you who have grown up in comprehensives need not take this test as you have been brainwashed by commie unionist teachers.
Oh really? Am I to take it that I resemble that blanket statement seeing as I was educated in a comprehensive school?

I thought it well put by a Guardian reporter when they wrote of Farage "An English Alex Salmond marketing hope through panacea nationalism. He does it well."

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-27-14, 08:21 AM   #3357
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Oh really? Am I to take it that I resemble that blanket statement seeing as I was educated in a comprehensive school?

I thought it well put by a Guardian reporter when they wrote of Farage "An English Alex Salmond marketing hope through panacea nationalism. He does it well."
Yup, unless we went to private boarding school we're all hopeless communists.
Old 09-27-14, 08:56 AM   #3358
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Yup, unless we went to private boarding school we're all hopeless communists.
Best I give my government pension back then....not forgetting the deeds to the house and investment portfolio

Big Issue anyone?

Old 09-27-14, 09:35 AM   #3359
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Bad day for Toff Boy.

And Red Devil got one of these across his face.
Quote:
Tory MP Mark Reckless joins UKIP

Conservative MP Mark Reckless has announced that he is joining UKIP.
The Rochester and Strood MP told the UKIP conference, in Doncaster, that he has resigned as an MP, triggering a by-election in the constituency.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29394697

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 09-27-14, 09:41 AM   #3360
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Bad day for Toff Boy.

And Red Devil got one of these across his face.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29394697
I'm wondering which of the three mainstream parties UKIP are the greatest threat to

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics