SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-10, 04:35 PM   #3316
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Standard propulsion just means both engines are working to move you forward, not recharging the batteries.

Your request to not make recharging the default is just extra work for you. The amount of times you'll surface and WANT to recharge will far outnumber the times you'll surface and NOT want to recharge.

To not recharge simply click the "Standard Propulsion" button from the Cheif's order bar. That'll turn off recharging. When you're done catching up or whatever just click the recharge button again or just surface again since it'll automatically recharge because that makes sense.
Thank you for your help kylania! I wanted to be able to control recharging in order to go at max speed when having to surface and evade, as I read in a previous post that recharging slows you down. But maybe I didn't understand correctly.

What happened to me last time I synchronized from the server is I continued my campain having my batteries charged at 60% only, don't know why at all. When checking the charge order from Chief's icon, it was permanently blinking without telling if I was recharging or not. Clicking the charge icon didn't make it stop blinking
Old 06-25-10, 04:36 PM   #3317
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_Michcich View Post
TDW, can you explain how to use the stadimeter fix ? I press the red buttons, but first of all when I put cursor onto the red button the needle resets to 0 and after pressing I don`t see effect - is the fix visible in the XO dialog box ? Currently it isn`t....
Sure. The Speed and AOB TDC dials are each actually two dials now. The ones you see when your mouse is out of them are the 'Sol' dials. When you mouse into them you're seeing the 'TGT' dials. The 'TGT' dials set the 'Sol' Dials if you have the manual input (the pushbutton) enabled. The 'Sol' dials are the parameters used for the firing solution. When you press the red buttons you are setting the parameters you see on the 'TGT' dials into the TDC. That is why when you mouse into the red buttons they show you the 'TGT' values of the dials so you can verify you want to commit those values to the TDC.
Now when you take a stadimeter reading, the AOB 'TGT' dial will be reset. This is a game bug. It only concerns you if you mouse into the AOB dial with manual input enabled because then you need to reset the AOB to the correct value. When you mouse out of the 'TGT' dials they set the 'Sol' dials.
It sounds confusing but it's really very simple once you understand why you have to do what you have to do. And remember this is to fix the problems introduced by Ubi.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 06:27 PM   #3318
furby
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60

would be great to watch a short utube vid of you showing just how to do what you just said
furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 07:49 PM   #3319
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Thank You TDW, with this new release im able to use switching to recharge automaticaly, including diesel engine startup sequence, just set the delay for it to 5.1 seconds. (problems in heavy seas are gone)

there seam to be a little bug regarding help text and mouseover objects, cant switch this off for game start by default (options file).

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 09:59 PM   #3320
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
there seam to be a little bug regarding help text and mouseover objects, cant switch this off for game start by default (options file).
not sure what you're talking about here. Can you elaborate on this?
Old 06-25-10, 11:52 PM   #3321
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
not sure what you're talking about here. Can you elaborate on this?
...by pointing your mouse over a useable object (like the periscope) you always get your casual (Bernard) information about it (a little info text pop up in your view ). While ingame you can disable it using one of the buttons from the top options bar. There is also an option for disabeling this in the options file. If this is disabled in the options file, the info pop up is still active at game start.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:13 AM   #3322
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
What happened to me last time I synchronized from the server is I continued my campain having my batteries charged at 60% only, don't know why at all. When checking the charge order from Chief's icon, it was permanently blinking without telling if I was recharging or not. Clicking the charge icon didn't make it stop blinking
When you load a save it should automatically start charging. That's telling you that it's recharging (or that it's active). It will continue to flash till it's full. That's why it didn't seem to stop flashing, since it was still charging.

Clicking that icon as you found out won't do anything, but clicking the other Standard Prop icon would stop the flashing and turn the Standard icon gold.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:15 AM   #3323
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...by pointing your mouse over a useable object (like the periscope) you always get your casual (Bernard) information about it (a little info text pop up in your view ). While ingame you can disable it using one of the buttons from the top options bar. There is also an option for disabeling this in the options file. If this is disabled in the options file, the info pop up is still active at game start.
Make sure you're setting it to "False" with a capital F, "false" with lowercase won't set the value.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 03:57 AM   #3324
303_Michcich
A-ganger

Downloads: 82

Quote:
Sure. The Speed and AOB TDC dials are each actually two dials now. The ones you see when your mouse is out of them are the 'Sol' dials. When you mouse into them you're seeing the 'TGT' dials. The 'TGT' dials set the 'Sol' Dials if you have the manual input (the pushbutton) enabled. The 'Sol' dials are the parameters used for the firing solution. When you press the red buttons you are setting the parameters you see on the 'TGT' dials into the TDC. That is why when you mouse into the red buttons they show you the 'TGT' values of the dials so you can verify you want to commit those values to the TDC.
Now when you take a stadimeter reading, the AOB 'TGT' dial will be reset. This is a game bug. It only concerns you if you mouse into the AOB dial with manual input enabled because then you need to reset the AOB to the correct value. When you mouse out of the 'TGT' dials they set the 'Sol' dials.
It sounds confusing but it's really very simple once you understand why you have to do what you have to do. And remember this is to fix the problems introduced by Ubi.

Thanks TDW - I`m actually setting the AOB and speed through the XO interface - so when I set them there, should I just press the 2 red buttons and take as many stadimeter readings as I like and fire the torps without worrying about AOB and speed being reset when I click stadimeter (in both XO dialog and on TDC dials) ?
303_Michcich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 05:59 AM   #3325
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303_Michcich View Post
Thanks TDW - I`m actually setting the AOB and speed through the XO interface - so when I set them there, should I just press the 2 red buttons and take as many stadimeter readings as I like and fire the torps without worrying about AOB and speed being reset when I click stadimeter (in both XO dialog and on TDC dials) ?
I'll have to get back to you on that one. I'm out of town on work and don't have access to the game to verify something. My gut instinct tells me using the XO dialog box won't work with the red buttons but have to verify. Actually you can verify for me. If you set the AOB in the XO dialog what happens when you mouse into the red button for it with manual input enabled, do you see the same value in the dial as the XO dialog box? how about the AOB dial with manual input enabled? Do you see the same value on the AOB dial as the XO dialog one?
Old 06-26-10, 11:38 AM   #3326
b3rnard0c
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

TDW, in the file "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" says 3_0_5 version ... It's OK for the 3_1_0 version?

I sent the file "menu.txt" translated in Spanish for the latest version to your hotmail box.

Thanks .-
b3rnard0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 11:45 AM   #3327
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Is NewUIs_TDC_v3_0_x_German_menu_by_Paco compatible with NewUIs_TDC_3_1_0 please?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-10, 12:11 PM   #3328
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3rnard0c View Post
TDW, in the file "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" says 3_0_5 version ... It's OK for the 3_1_0 version?

I sent the file "menu.txt" translated in Spanish for the latest version to your hotmail box.

Thanks .-
where are you seeing this 3_0_5?
Spanish menu.txt was included in v3.1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Is NewUIs_TDC_v3_0_x_German_menu_by_Paco compatible with NewUIs_TDC_3_1_0 please?
v3.1.0 should already include the german menu.txt by Paco.
Old 06-26-10, 04:05 PM   #3329
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby View Post
would be great to watch a short utube vid of you showing just how to do what you just said
Is there free software I can use/download to make a video? I'd be more than happy to make a video showing a torpedo attack using the mod but don't know what software to use/how to do it
Old 06-26-10, 05:10 PM   #3330
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
where are you seeing this 3_0_5?
The 1st line in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py for 3.1.0 reads:
# Edited by TheDarkWraith for NewUIs_TDC_3_0_5

I think that's what b3rnard0c meant, but I just ignored it...

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui