SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-24-10, 01:22 PM   #3301
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Compass not hidden in Port

NewUIs_TDC_3_0_9
SH5EnhanceStyle
Emtguf Reworked Periscope
Twisty Periscope Thingies (helps stop mast from creating water eddies preventing the Periscope from Wobbling in water currents.)

I had the Chrono and Compass open prior to entering Port. When I first enter the Port, both were hidden. After using Dialog window for refitting Torpedo's the Compass shows up and I can not close it.
I had saved game prior to entering Port and I tried reloading saved game and same thing. I even exited the game, rebooted and tried again and same thing.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-24-10 at 02:00 PM. Reason: more info on my config
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 01:34 PM   #3302
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

boy that heading/rudder dial is a persistent little bugger . I'll look at it when I get back home tonight. Thanks for the info
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 04:11 PM   #3303
LeBabouin
Mate

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
# when surfacing, the time delay before checking to see if batteries need to be recharged and then automatic sending of the recharge order (in seconds)
# this value must be greater than WaterLevelTD or you will get an error!
SwitchToRechargePropulsionTD = 300.0
What should I do if I don't want the battery recharging to be automatic ? I want to manage the recharging myself depending on the charge level I see in the left buttom corner bar.

Quote:
# when submerging, the time delay before automatic switching to standard propulsion (in seconds):
# this value must be greater than WaterLevelTD or you will get an error!
SwitchToStdPropulsionTD = 300.0
What is "standard" propulsion ? Isn't it the Diesel propulsion ? I thought when submerging, the electric propulsion was engaged automatically. Please help me to understand !
Old 06-24-10, 10:58 PM   #3304
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Standard propulsion just means both engines are working to move you forward, not recharging the batteries.

Your request to not make recharging the default is just extra work for you. The amount of times you'll surface and WANT to recharge will far outnumber the times you'll surface and NOT want to recharge.

To not recharge simply click the "Standard Propulsion" button from the Cheif's order bar. That'll turn off recharging. When you're done catching up or whatever just click the recharge button again or just surface again since it'll automatically recharge because that makes sense.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 12:35 AM   #3305
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtag View Post
Both propellors are turning during recharging in 3.0.8. Can you fix this?
Isn't this how U-boats really charged their batteries? In all the reports I've read the generators drew power from both shafts, meaning a decrease in speed at any given telegraph order but both props keep turning.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 12:52 AM   #3306
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack View Post
i use v3.0.6
Windspeed was at 3km
WaterTD is set to 5

and yes,i switched 3 times to standart,every time the speed goes up and then down again because it goes automatically back to recharging mode.

a manuell selecting recharge mode was fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
still have the same problems in heavy seas
I really took a good hard look at this section of code that deals with the WaterLevelTD and it's control of the switching to/from standard propulsion and recharge propulsion modes and found that I wasn't latching a condition. This error allows the toggling of the modes to reset every time the sub either surfaces or submerges (which is not the intent). I've corrected it now and it will be available in v3.1.0. So you all have had valid complaints that the WaterLevelTD user option wasn't having any effect on the switching to/from standard and recharge propulsion modes
I've also added a new user option in v3.1.0 that controls whether the order to recharge batteries (rechage propulsion mode) is automatically given or not when the sub surfaces (AutomaticallyOrderRechargeModeUponSurfacing). I also fixed the bug of if heading/rudder dial (SH5Enhanced UI mode) was visible when entering port (it would hide itself when entering port) and user opens up the torp loading page in port the heading/rudder dial would be visible again in v3.1.0.
Old 06-25-10, 04:43 AM   #3307
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I really took a good hard look at this section of code that deals with the WaterLevelTD and it's control of the switching to/from standard propulsion and recharge propulsion modes and found that I wasn't latching a condition. This error allows the toggling of the modes to reset every time the sub either surfaces or submerges (which is not the intent). I've corrected it now and it will be available in v3.1.0. So you all have had valid complaints that the WaterLevelTD user option wasn't having any effect on the switching to/from standard and recharge propulsion modes
I've also added a new user option in v3.1.0 that controls whether the order to recharge batteries (rechage propulsion mode) is automatically given or not when the sub surfaces (AutomaticallyOrderRechargeModeUponSurfacing). I also fixed the bug of if heading/rudder dial (SH5Enhanced UI mode) was visible when entering port (it would hide itself when entering port) and user opens up the torp loading page in port the heading/rudder dial would be visible again in v3.1.0.
I think the same thing is happening to Sornar. My Crew Warning Text box is showing multiple "Normal Sweep" entries. So it appears that every time I encounter rough sea's, the Sonar is switching off/on multiple times.

Sorry I haven't been helping out to much lately with the test builds. Kind of got side tracked when I was looking for infor to fix upgrade packages bug and ended up working on this skin:

-=[ For additional views click here ]=- -=[ Forums Post]=-

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 06-25-10 at 06:55 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 12:12 PM   #3308
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.1.0 released. See post #1 for details. This version adds the fix for the resetting of the AOB and Speed TDC dials when using the stadimeter.
Old 06-25-10, 12:52 PM   #3309
Captain Joe
Seaman

Downloads: 563
Default Great Work

I would like to say what a wonderful mod this is, I have upgraded every version and would really say that without this mod and many others SH5 would not be the game it is. Thank you to all the modders and specially to TheDarkWraith for UI with SH5 Enhanced, Please keep up the excelent work.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 12:56 PM   #3310
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

thank you indeed, wonderful work. Much appreciated!
Old 06-25-10, 01:23 PM   #3311
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Hi Dark,

What do you mean about using electric motors on surface?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 01:24 PM   #3312
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Hi Dark,

What do you mean about using electric motors on surface?
haven't found a way to do it yet......
Old 06-25-10, 03:03 PM   #3313
zack
Gunner

Downloads: 95

many thanks mate for the (AutomaticallyOrderRechargeModeUponSurfacing) mode,works good!
great work
zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 03:14 PM   #3314
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

New Version! v3.1.0
Thank you good work again,keep it coming

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-10, 03:54 PM   #3315
303_Michcich
A-ganger

Downloads: 82

TDW, can you explain how to use the stadimeter fix ? I press the red buttons, but first of all when I put cursor onto the red button the needle resets to 0 and after pressing I don`t see effect - is the fix visible in the XO dialog box ? Currently it isn`t....
303_Michcich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui