SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-08, 04:35 PM   #3286
lorcan3
Sailor man

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0
problems with GWX 2.0

I read your last message last night and just for the hell of it, I rechecked them again. Turns out I transposed some numbers or something and the red messegage came up. Well, I wasn't going to waste my day downloading file by file, so I registered with gameshadow and now I'm downloading the bulk file. All 1.2 gbytes of it and it'll take me about 26 hrs. to do it but it'll get done. I will then check the files with the MP5 Mate and MAKE SURE that all files match. Now are all the files about as updated as they can be? No disappearing torpedos when you load the external stores to the inside? The appearance of the error reporting box asking if you want to report the error to Microsoft? That was the only 2 problems I had with the mod. Oh, and if you played the gramaphone after a while the game would crash. I really do like the tunes, though. Much better than Deutschland uber alles all the time when you leave and enter port.
lorcan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 04:49 PM   #3287
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

OK, seems you're on the way.

The files you are downloading are the latest. Except for one fix the team released, the Armed Trawler CTD fix which you can find on the GWX Download Page and it needs enabling via JSGME when you have installed the GWX 2.0 files.

Re the game crashing while using the Grammophone - If the files you have added or are playing are not OGG format, there is every chance the game will CTD. It's an old Stock issue where the game will have a hissy fit if you play anything other than OGG format, like MP3 or WAV.

Re dissappearing Torpedos - Well, I have been playing this game since it's release with every GW/GWX mod ever made and I have never had that happen to me. Can't explain that for you, unless your SH3 1.4b install is at fault.

I'll let you into a little secret. GWX 2.0 is MORE stable than Stock 1.4b, provided you know the original games issue & quirks. Seriously, I don't know why everyone is having so much trouble with the stability of GWX 2.0. I have completed over 25 patrols and GWX 2.0 has never caused me any problems, ever.

Every issue that has been posted in this forum is either new users who are not familiar with the original SH3's issues or user mistakes in the installation/maintenance of their game.

You know, you've got me thinking about a possible thread that lists oll of SH3's CTD/Issue causing elements and how to avoid them.:hmm: It would help so many people if they would read it.:rotfl:
Old 02-26-08, 12:07 PM   #3288
lorcan3
Sailor man

problems with Gameshadow

Well, Here I am, 10:00 in the mornin', bright eyed and bushy tailed. I run to my computer to check on my download from Gameshadow and what do I see? A freakin' gray box tellin' me that my connection to Gameshadow.com has been timed out. And when I HAD 6 MINUTES LEFT ON MY DOWNLOAD! May God infect them with 10,000 crabs (lice) and bedbugs in their fartsacks! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH CAN'T I GET A DOWNLOAD THAT WORKS WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH SITES THAT AREN'T EVEN IN THIS COUNTRY? Can somebody pleeeeaaaassseeee help me? Oh, btw, a fartsack is a bed, in Navy terms.
Old 02-26-08, 05:17 PM   #3289
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm so sorry to hear of your setback, that is absolutely terrible luck

You might find it quicker persevering with the Kpt. Lehmann files........that is precisely what you were trying to d/l from Gameshadow

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 01:57 AM   #3290
lorcan3
Sailor man

problems with GWX 2.0 and torpedos

I DID download Kpt. Lehman's file. That's when I had problems with the torpedos disappearing when I tried loading them from external stores to the internal stores, the program crashing when I was playing the gramaphone, and the box popping up after the program crashed asking me if I wanted to report the error to Microsoft. Now I'm told that these problems are old ones and have been ironed out and Kpt. Lehman's files are old files and I need to get the NEW files. But don't they have somewhere when the the file was made? I thought Kpt. Lehman's files WERE the new files! Help me out here.:hmm:
Old 02-27-08, 06:55 AM   #3291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcan3
I DID download Kpt. Lehman's file. That's when I had problems with the torpedos disappearing when I tried loading them from external stores to the internal stores, the program crashing when I was playing the gramaphone, and the box popping up after the program crashed asking me if I wanted to report the error to Microsoft. Now I'm told that these problems are old ones and have been ironed out and Kpt. Lehman's files are old files and I need to get the NEW files. But don't they have somewhere when the the file was made? I thought Kpt. Lehman's files WERE the new files! Help me out here.:hmm:

KPT. LEHMANNS FILES ARE NOT OLD.....THEY ARE THE SAME (AS IN IDENTICAL) TO ALL THE OTHER FILES FROM EACH AND EVERY SOURCE EMINATING FROM THE GWX WEBSITE.

WHOEVER TOLD YOU OTHERWISE IS BADLY MISTAKEN/WRONG.

ANYBODY D/L FILES FROM THE SUBSIM LINKS ARE ACTUALLY D/L KPT. LEHMANNS FILES. THE SUBSIM LINKS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN POINTERS/CONNECTORS TO HIS FILEFRONT ACCOUNT.
THOUSANDS HAVE ACCESSED AND D/L FROM SAID LINK AND ARE PLAYING THE MOD WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS/HASSLE.

IF YOU WERE TO VISIT THE GWX WEBSITE, GO TO THE D/L PAGE AND YOU WILL SEE A LIST OF FILEFRONT, FILEFACTORY,TORRENT AND MEGAUPLOAD LINKS.

IF YOU CLICK ON THEM YOU WILL FIND A VARIETY OF D/L FILE INFORMATION

EG: KPT. LEHMANN HAS EXPERIENCED OVER 5,000 HITS, I AM APPROACHING 2,000, DOWN TO MELNIBONIAN WITH 60 OR SO, AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.
THE TORRENT LINK AND MEGAUPLOAD LINKS I BELIEVE ARE ALSO MINE.

ALL OF THIS IS REALLY IRRELEVANT BECAUSE NO MATTER WHERE OR FROM WHOM YOU D/L THE LINKS FROM.....THEY ARE ALL THE SAME......THEY ALL ORIGINATED FROM THE SAME FILE.

MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU D/L ALL THE FILES FROM ONE SOURCE (USE MINE, ACCESSIBLE FROM BELOW MY SIG, IF YOU LIKE).
IF YOU STILL EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS I AM 100% CONFIDENT THE GWX TEAM WILL DO THEIR UTMOST TO HELP YOU......BUT I SUSPECT THE PROBLEM LIES WITH YOUR COMPUTER AND NOT THE GWX FILES.

Old 02-27-08, 07:26 AM   #3292
HundertzehnGustav
Sea Lord

Downloads: 66

torps disappearing when loading them during patrol... wasnt that astock bug somewhere...

i had to download my G-Wix files from different sources, homepage, filefront etc...
besides corrupt downloads never ever ever in my life had a problem.

i used Md5 compare to check things were all right before prusseeding though.
Old 02-27-08, 03:11 PM   #3293
lorcan3
Sailor man

GWX 2.0

Right ow I'm downloading the files from Atomic Gamer. I'm almost Finished. I'll re-install 1.4b just to make sure everything is correct. Then I'll check the files with MP5 Mate BEFORE executing. Then we'll see what happens. But I must say, you lads did one hell of a job. Nice realistic smoke when it got hit with a torp, extra ships in the harbor, planes in the sky, new squadrons to enlist in, kudos to you lads!
Old 02-27-08, 03:44 PM   #3294
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211

Default A little help please

Hi chaps,

I'm working on a mission so that I can get some more film clips. Can anyone assist me in letting me know whice file I should edit to increase the max speed of AI type 2a (s-boats) boats so that they are capable of the same speed as player controlled boats and if there's a program that I should use to make the edit, I'm assuming, possibly wrongly that it's a dat file. At the moment their top speed is 13 knots and I can run rings around them

Also is there a way to have both flak gun crew and watch crew on deck at the same time? again I'm assuming a file edit somewhere but this might not be so straightforward I guess.

Thanks and best regards

Aces

Edit :

I found the cfg file NSS_Uboat2a.cfg with these values :

[Unit]
ClassName=SSTypeIIA
HumanPlayable=YES
Interior=data/Interior/NSS_Uboat2/NSS_Uboat2
UnitType=200
MaxSpeed=13.0
MaxSpeedSubmerged=6.9
Length=40.9
Width=4.1
RenownAwarded=110

[Salvo]
1=1,2
[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=0.95;meters
SnorkelDepth=0.95;meters
CrashDepth=70;meters
MaxDepth=300;meters
SurfaceDepth=0.95;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=16;meters
StormConditions=15,0.9;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]
[EngineProperties]
AllStop=0.00
AheadSlow=0.12
AheadOneThird=0.43
AheadStandard=0.59
AheadFull=0.84
AheadFlank=1.00
BackSlow=-0.12
BackStandard=-0.24
BackFull=-0.38
BackEmergency=-0.48

I'm assuming that there's only one file which is for AI and player controlled so the max. 13 Knots setting in the mission editor must be somewhere else.

2nd Edit : Sorted, I changed the max speed in the cfg file

Last edited by Aces; 02-27-08 at 04:07 PM.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 05:31 PM   #3295
lorcan3
Sailor man

problems with GWX 2.0

Okay lads. I followed directions to the letter. When I downloaded the GWX 2.0 file, this came up:C:\Program files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter III\data\Sea\NKBL_\NKBL_T04.tga
An error occured while reading this file. The source file is corrupt. Anybody tell me which GWX .bin this is located at so I can try to reload it? Or is it corrupt that I shouldn't try?:hmm:
Old 02-28-08, 12:49 AM   #3296
lorcan3
Sailor man

Default problems with GWX 2.0

:hmm: It turned out that number 4.bin was bad and I have to reload it. We'll see how it does tomorrow.:hmm:

Don't forget to use your seatbelts tonight lads. Looks like we're headed for some VERY rough seas tonight!
We had to install seatbelts on our bunks because we were taking over 45 degree rolls while crossing the North Atlantic en route to the Meditteranean Ocean. Went through a VERY nasty huriccane gale for a week. Hit the steel deck 3 times in one night from 7 feet up and decided to get some seatbelts and rivet them onto my bunk. My shipmates liked the idea and did the same.

Last edited by lorcan3; 02-28-08 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 07:24 PM   #3297
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by HundertzehnGustav
torps disappearing when loading them during patrol... wasnt that astock bug somewhere...

i had to download my G-Wix files from different sources, homepage, filefront etc...
besides corrupt downloads never ever ever in my life had a problem.

i used Md5 compare to check things were all right before prusseeding though.
There is a bug when you are running a Type IXD/40; someone else suggested that you can work around it by only moving one torpedo from the external bay to the internal storage at a time. Don't start moving the next one until the first is completly loaded in it's bin.

Myself, I decided to stick to the Type IXC. It has the range I need provided I stick to 9 knots or so (23,000 km more or less, depending on weather.

Let me know if that works for you.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-08, 01:37 AM   #3298
lorcan3
Sailor man

GWX 2.0

Well laddies, I'm definately a happy camper! No disappearing torpedos, no error boxes, just good fun. I decided to start in 1939 in 2nd flotilla out of Wilhelmshaven. Started out with a VIIC and got assigned to the AM sector. Never got there. Had a little run in with the HMS Hood, a couple of Renowns, a C & D and something else. Popped off two torps at the C & D and went as deep as I could. Didn't work. Even shut off the engines but to no avail. We sank too deep from the damage and became fish food. But there WERE NO PROBLEMS OR ERRORS! I loved it. I forgot to change the depth of my torpedos to 2 feet or I would've sank that little scheisskopf! All I saw it do was run right underneath it. Thanks again danlisa and all you folks for your input. I REALLY do appreciate it. Thanx!
Old 02-29-08, 04:13 AM   #3299
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pleased yer sorted.

Old 02-29-08, 03:37 PM   #3300
Wolf359
Navy Dude

Downloads: 3
Ahoy to all GWX team members.

Today I read that Mush Martin is stopped work on the Uberboot mod. I think that Type XI cruiser has been nice add on sub in future versions of GWX mod of course if somebody have will to continue Mush Martin work and then integrated it into GWX.

What you think?

DOWNLOAD:
http://igm.elementfx.com/igm_download_links.htm

GWX Expansion mod link: http://thegreywolves.com/
Wolf359 is offline   Reply With Quote