SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-14, 04:57 PM   #3286
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0

Been a year or so since my last patrol so I decided to do the sub school missions to refresh my memory.. Was approaching the second target in the torpedo lesson when i noticed my engines stopped because all my crew fell asleep! I can see the funny side of it but Id much rather i didnt have to micromanage sleep patterns for my crew

Is there a way to disable crew fatigue like in SH3 commander?
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 06:11 PM   #3287
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

SH4 automatically rotates the crew, so they should never fall asleep. The only way I know of to make them fall asleep is to set 'Battle Stations', also known as 'General Quarters'. Did you put them at Battle Stations and forget to unset it?
Old 07-08-14, 10:29 AM   #3288
kvbrock82
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 240

Guilty as charged!

Thanks Steve
kvbrock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 11:27 AM   #3289
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I am all seeing and all knowing. I know this one from personal experience.

Glad it's fixed.
Old 08-05-14, 01:17 AM   #3290
in_vino_vomitus
XO

Downloads: 137
Default A minor point.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change a map legend in OM? I need to change "Lowescroft" To Lowestoft", which is what the place is actually called. It shouldn't mattter, and to a reasonable person it wouldn't, but like every tiny irritant, repetition has blown it out of proportion.

I'm kind of hoping that there's a text file somewhere with place names that I can edit, but so far I haven't been able to find it...
1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for TMO 2.5
1.5 OTC Realistic Scopes for TMO
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
Improved Stock environment v3_TMO&RFB
TMO_Alt_engine-sounds
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO17_19_different_smoke
in_vino_vomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-14, 11:35 PM   #3291
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Default A bit confused about installation OM/OMEGU

It may just be that my search ability could use an improvement, but I've not been able to find out compatibility.

The OM readme indicates it is compatible with RSRDC and RFB 1.52.

I currently have the following mods:

RFB 2.0 with 23 April 2010 patch
RSRDC for RFB V575 with the V5xx Patch 1
Stock Map Icons

Will OM (V720 with Patch 5) work?
Do I need OMEGU? I've downloaded v300 and v300 patch 7.

Thanks!
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-14, 10:00 AM   #3292
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

No, you don't need OMEGU. It is an environment mod. You also don't need RSRDC, which is a campaign mod for the US Pacific war. If you're playing an American and a German campaign I always recommend using Multi-SH4 and having separate installations for each game.
Old 08-16-14, 07:20 PM   #3293
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
No, you don't need OMEGU. It is an environment mod. You also don't need RSRDC, which is a campaign mod for the US Pacific war. If you're playing an American and a German campaign I always recommend using Multi-SH4 and having separate installations for each game.
So - if I don't want to install two different copies of SH4 and use Multi-SH4, can I install OM with RFB and RSRDC also installed?

Can I install OMEGU with those mods?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-14, 08:05 PM   #3294
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
So - if I don't want to install two different copies of SH4 and use Multi-SH4, can I install OM with RFB and RSRDC also installed?

Can I install OMEGU with those mods?

Thanks!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
Then again, there is the possibility that you can . . . WAIT!, what was I thinking. The answer is NO!

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-14, 08:23 PM   #3295
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Some of us get more excited than others.

But he's right, the answer is no. If you want to run different campaigns you will have to use JSGME to disable one and start another every time you want to switch. The only way to do it right is to have separate installations, one for each supermod you want to use. You can do that without Multi-SH4, but the folder it creates for save-game storage will get very confused. The function of Multi-SH4 is to keep the saved games for each version separate, so they don't interfere with each other. It still requires a separate installation for each game.
Old 08-16-14, 10:17 PM   #3296
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbjackso View Post
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
Then again, there is the possibility that you can . . . WAIT!, what was I thinking. The answer is NO!
Quote:
Some of us get more excited than others.

But he's right, the answer is no. If you want to run different campaigns you will have to use JSGME to disable one and start another every time you want to switch. The only way to do it right is to have separate installations, one for each supermod you want to use. You can do that without Multi-SH4, but the folder it creates for save-game storage will get very confused. The function of Multi-SH4 is to keep the saved games for each version separate, so they don't interfere with each other. It still requires a separate installation for each game.
Thanks for the quick response! I don't intend to play more than one campaign at a time. Would that make any difference? I just prefer to save the HD space for other things.
Old 08-17-14, 08:45 AM   #3297
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

That will work, but you'll have to disable everything associated with the US campaign and enable everything associated with the German campaign, and vice versa, when it's time to switch. Since a campaign might last you a very long time it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm different. Ever since I played SH1 I've been in the habit of running several campaigns side-by-side, one from each available flotilla or command. By mid-1943 I should be running around eight campaigns, keeping a record of what the date is in each one. On the other hand I'm not playing anything right now because my ancient computer won't run half the mods I want, and I've reached a point where I can't play without them.
Old 08-17-14, 04:06 PM   #3298
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
That will work, but you'll have to disable everything associated with the US campaign and enable everything associated with the German campaign, and vice versa, when it's time to switch. Since a campaign might last you a very long time it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm different. Ever since I played SH1 I've been in the habit of running several campaigns side-by-side, one from each available flotilla or command. By mid-1943 I should be running around eight campaigns, keeping a record of what the date is in each one. On the other hand I'm not playing anything right now because my ancient computer won't run half the mods I want, and I've reached a point where I can't play without them.
Thanks!

I've enough trouble remembering performance numbers for a single boat, let alone in multiple campaigns.
Old 08-19-14, 07:21 AM   #3299
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Downloads: 100

Hey folks, need a question answered with OM. Been playing Om again and its a few months in the game and I understand its all set as historically accurate as possible.

One thing though, I started in '39 with a VIIB, will I ever get the offer of commanding a new boat or be able to transfer to a new fleet/boat at some point? Tried reading through the thread but with so many pages I cant find an answer.

Currently my game is Jan 41, deployed to France with the 7th fleet in my VIIB.

Last edited by Lexandro; 08-19-14 at 07:31 AM.
Lexandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 08:59 AM   #3300
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro View Post
Hey folks, need a question answered with OM. Been playing Om again and its a few months in the game and I understand its all set as historically accurate as possible.

One thing though, I started in '39 with a VIIB, will I ever get the offer of commanding a new boat or be able to transfer to a new fleet/boat at some point? Tried reading through the thread but with so many pages I cant find an answer.

Currently my game is Jan 41, deployed to France with the 7th fleet in my VIIB.
As in reality at that time:
If you are still alive when the VIIB gets finally retired, you will be offered to retire or to become an instructor or to take command of a new VIIC boat.
You will not get the command of a new VIIC boat as a reward! Didn't happen that way...
mido is offline   Reply With Quote