SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-15, 10:55 AM   #316
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

From the BBC news site just over an hour ago...

Quote:
No motive has been established, but the FBI is considering both workplace violence and terrorism, according to David Bowdich from the bureau's Los Angeles office.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34991855

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 11:03 AM   #317
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

certainly it was a couple of true belivers of islam but the act of terrorism as defined by U.S.C. may have not been met. we shall see.
Old 12-03-15, 11:25 AM   #318
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I think the sticking point is whether the i, ii, iii of B are 'and' or 'or', because so far as we know, this attack was not intended to influence or affect the policies of the US government, however it was certainly intended by its very nature to intimidate a civilian population.
Well in addition to the body armor, BDUs, excessive ammo/weapons, there were explosive devices however crudely built; preconceived intent to make a large impact with that much planning involving an accomplice; an alleged trip back to Saudi Arabia all tend to point to sudden radicalization awaiting an opportunity ...I just hope the obviously devoted Ms Farouk doesn't object to hubby's 72 virgins....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 12-03-15 at 11:33 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 11:41 AM   #319
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Makes you wonder if she was a radical already when he married her, and that she and others turned him into one?

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 11:44 AM   #320
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
certainly it was a couple of true belivers of islam but the act of terrorism as defined by U.S.C. may have not been met. we shall see.
Well, if these weren't terrorists, then that means they must have been moderate muslims...yipes.
Old 12-03-15, 12:29 PM   #321
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I'll say this, I like France's response to what happened when the same thing happened over there. Seems to me nobody thought twice to bomb the snot out of those camel jockeys. Whereas we're sitting on our arses debating along political ideology and or whether it was a case of work place violence or terrorism.

I dont want 'the new norm' I want satisfaction, I want to put an end to it. Do what we in the 40's if they cant live in peace with thier neighbor then drop leaflets warning them to run and turn that sandlot into a molten ball of glass.

Yes that means I will have to be like them for a few minutes until its over. Afterwards I can go back to living in peace.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-03-15 at 12:39 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 12:52 PM   #322
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'll say this, I like France's response to what happened when the same thing happened over there. Seems to me nobody thought twice to bomb the snot out of those camel jockeys. Whereas we're sitting on our arses debating along political ideology and or whether it was a case of work place violence or terrorism.

I dont want 'the new norm' I want satisfaction, I want to put an end to it. Do what we in the 40's if they cant live in peace with thier neighbor then drop leaflets warning them to run and turn that sandlot into a molten ball of glass.
I think calling some one a Camel jockey is disrespectful!! and it's not a 'molten ball'; it's trinitite, A uniquely American product; and we need to re-invent it again...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinitite

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-03-15, 01:41 PM   #323
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

So, this the clock makers work place violence thread,,,... I see some still can't say radical islam.
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 01:45 PM   #324
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
So, this the clock makers work place violence thread,,,... I see some still can't say radical islam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
point to sudden radicalization awaiting
Oh I think I just bracketed that target sufficiently...

Old 12-03-15, 05:07 PM   #325
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm not afraid to say radical Islam, but was those who did this, radical in their belief ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 06:29 PM   #326
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

14 dead, a dozen pipe bombs found, several thousand rounds of ammo found, Islamic background. If this is not IDying them as Islamic terrorists, then I don't know what could.

If not now, they would have gone live later.
Old 12-03-15, 06:46 PM   #327
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm not afraid to say radical Islam, but was those who did this, radical in their belief ?

Markus
Can a believer of a given radical ideology be not be a believer of that ideology when believing that radical ideology? Either he believes in it, then he necessarily is a radical, since it is a radical ideology, or he questions that need for radical content in it - by that illustrating that he already does no longer believe in it.

Either you are wet, or you are not. There is no dry way to be wet. Better consider this before jumping into the water.
Old 12-03-15, 06:59 PM   #328
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
14 dead, a dozen pipe bombs found, several thousand rounds of ammo found, Islamic background. If this is not IDying them as Islamic terrorists, then I don't know what could.

If not now, they would have gone live later.
Just some up standing Citizens,, exercising their first amendment rights
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:04 PM   #329
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Can a believer of a given radical ideology be not be a believer of that ideology when believing that radical ideology? Either he believes in it, then he necessarily is a radical, since it is a radical ideology, or he questions that need for radical content in it - by that illustrating that he already does no longer believe in it.

Either you are wet, or you are not. There is no dry way to be wet. Better consider this before jumping into the water.
There are other possibilities. Maybe he is just a thug. A killer, a gangster. A sick person looking for a way to carry out his nightmare. He doesn't believe. He doesn't have to believe. Maybe he just needs an excuse. Any excuse will do.

And he doesn't care if he's wet or dry.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 07:15 PM   #330
Skybird
Soaring

"Possibilities" there are as many as there are minds on Earth multipli8ed by the stars in the sky.

Its about how likely they are. Thats why I do not really take into account the "possibility" that pigs indeed could fly.

But maybe I just lack fantasy, and am too sober-minded.

Tags
terrorism