SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-10, 06:30 PM   #316
Ironcoffin
Nub

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Dialog Box

Dark...

I copied and pasted "SH5Style" in the .py file so I am confident that is good to go.

However, I feel like an idot because I can't tell if I have the latest vers. The main screen says v.1.0.5 but if you go to ubi they have a patch v1.1 (64MB) dtd Mar 2nd. What's the scoop?

Ironcoffin
Ironcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 06:37 PM   #317
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txema View Post
While you are working on it, let me ask for something more for the officer's bar: could you add a new order (new icon) for the radio-man to activate the radio, to be able to hear the radio stations?

In the same way, could you add more new orders (new icons) as they did in the "Integrated Orders" mod included in GWX, for example?
activate radio is added. It pops up a little radio on the left hand side of the screen about half way up. It works but not sure if working correctly (radio).

Adding 'view to heading' and 'heading to view' commands to navigator but need someone with more advanced photoshop skills than I to add these as two new icons to this file:

http://www.filefront.com/16057679/Orders3.dds/

the new icons just need to be added to the alpha channel in the two empty 'boxes'. I don't have icons for these orders so someone will have to make them
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 11:36 PM   #318
WOD
Gunner

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcoffin View Post
Greetings,

I have the same problem with the dialog boxes in the center of my screen when I load Dark's mod IU (doen't matter which one, they all do it) as dcooper... But unlike dcooper I have the three dials and bar graphs in the LR corner. Not sure if I saw the solution. Did anyone respond with a fix?

Appreciate the time,

IronCoffin

I have the same problem. It happens only when playing a long time and often reload savegames. Maybe mods causing this conflict. But maybe it´s a bug with SH5 itself (although this I don´t know, cause I´ve played only a few minutes without mods).
Old 04-07-10, 11:41 PM   #319
rededge
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

That is defo a mod conflict as I have experienced the same thing. Just try disabling various likely culprits and restarting the game- this obviously takes awhile I know as you have to wait seemingly an age to load up.

Not positive, but I think Drifter's Brown Interface mod was the thing causing problems when I had DW's UI installed.
Old 04-08-10, 06:54 PM   #320
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

this is not meant as criticism but in interest of feedback to help improve the mod:

i havent seen it mentioned anywhere (maybe im the only one who uses english guages to play a german sub game) but the english guages arent even close to reading anything correctly. they are different guages and therefore dont line up with the settings as they should.

the speeds are in a reverse image and need to be flipped for a mirror image (green to the left and red to the right) so forward is really forward

the speeds settings are also incorrect for the guage being used (zero depth is around 25 meters?) so maybe the german depth guage images should be used for the english version as well since both use meters.
Old 04-08-10, 07:12 PM   #321
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
english guages arent even close to reading anything correctly.
Screenshots?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 12:40 AM   #322
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
this is not meant as criticism but in interest of feedback to help improve the mod:

i havent seen it mentioned anywhere (maybe im the only one who uses english guages to play a german sub game) but the english guages arent even close to reading anything correctly. they are different guages and therefore dont line up with the settings as they should.

the speeds are in a reverse image and need to be flipped for a mirror image (green to the left and red to the right) so forward is really forward

the speeds settings are also incorrect for the guage being used (zero depth is around 25 meters?) so maybe the german depth guage images should be used for the english version as well since both use meters.
Is this a UbiSoft bug? I try to set UI to Imperial and save settings in Game Options. Then I load a saved game and it is still Metric so Imperial Dials dont work. When I return to Main Menu start screen and open Options again, the Measurements are back to Metric.

-TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 08:24 AM   #323
conus00
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 166

TDW, PM'd you.
Old 04-09-10, 08:29 AM   #324
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
activate radio is added. It pops up a little radio on the left hand side of the screen about half way up. It works but not sure if working correctly (radio).

Adding 'view to heading' and 'heading to view' commands to navigator but need someone with more advanced photoshop skills than I to add these as two new icons to this file:

http://www.filefront.com/16057679/Orders3.dds/

the new icons just need to be added to the alpha channel in the two empty 'boxes'. I don't have icons for these orders so someone will have to make them
TheDarkWraith,

The integrated orders mod was originally released by Chomu in 2005, but now it is an optional mod integrated in GWX... Do you have GWX?? You can get all the necessary icons from the optional integrated orders mod present in it !!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 07:24 AM   #325
Falke_4
Watch

Downloads: 40

hello

this mod is quite nice. but it changes some popup-info from german to english. is there a way to change it back in german?
Falke_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 08:36 AM   #326
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 5

I use and recommend TheDarkWraith's Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC whenever I go to sea on a patrol.

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 03:15 PM   #327
Captain Wolfe
Watch

Downloads: 17

So wonderful. I tried this mod. Couldn't figure what the hell was going on in game so I dumped it.

Now that I'm back to stock UI I cant change angle on bow to starboard. Its perm stuck on Port. Which means no targeting for me.

Anyone else have this problem after uninstalling this mod?

EDIT: Also now it seems that the angle is perm stuck on 0. It never changes no matter what I do to it.
Captain Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 03:17 PM   #328
kylania
Silent Hunter

Never had any problems uninstalling with JSGME, is that how you uninstalled it?

Had you installed any mods or changed any files after you'd installed this Mod?

Old 04-10-10, 03:26 PM   #329
Captain Wolfe
Watch

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Never had any problems uninstalling with JSGME, is that how you uninstalled it?

Had you installed any mods or changed any files after you'd installed this Mod?
I always use JGSME...learned my lesson many years ago. All I did was install it. Get in...get so lost I said screw it. Exited the game. Uninstalled via JGSME. Went back into the game. Continued my patrol. Came across 2 armed troop transports on the Norther Blockade Line or whatever its called. Got ready to engage. got everything I needed. then AOB comes along and no go.

It was literally less than 10 minutes of use.
Captain Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 03:41 PM   #330
kylania
Silent Hunter

Might be because you were mid patrol. A lot of mods don't like being installed or uninstalled mid patrol (or some even mid campaign!).

Start a new patrol or even just a historical mission and see if it works in there, if so it's just a problem with that save file than.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui