SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-07, 05:03 PM   #316
Koondawg
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Or would it be to much to ask for a 250 Evinrude...we could ski
Koondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:05 PM   #317
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondawg
Or would it be to much to ask for a 250 Evinrude...we could ski
you have a soundfile for that?? :rotfl:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:27 PM   #318
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Great job RB...would it be possible to modify one for fishing off the pier? Trolling motor, some fly rods? JK bro...keep at it
I suppose Liferaft first.....I'm so close to getting this to where I want it!
Nautilus42 extracted the lifeboats and liferafts from SH4 too and added a man to them. In the editor through the eqp file, one can then choose to have it with an allied or axis man.
Is it your idea to include his mod? Or are you doing a different approach?

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:33 PM   #319
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
Quote:
Quote:
Great job RB...would it be possible to modify one for fishing off the pier? Trolling motor, some fly rods? JK bro...keep at it
I suppose Liferaft first.....I'm so close to getting this to where I want it!
Nautilus42 extracted the lifeboats and liferafts from SH4 too and added a man to them. In the editor through the eqp file, one can then choose to have it with an allied or axis man.
he did this for SH3? How did he spawn them? I'm having mine appear when the ship sinks. I'd be curious to know about this mod you speak of
Old 12-16-07, 05:37 PM   #320
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio
he did this for SH3? How did he spawn them? I'm having mine appear when the ship sinks. I'd be curious to know about this mod you speak of
Sadly they do not spawn automatically from a ship sinking. One needs to script write them into RND and/or SCR, and then obviously they need to be scripted a little far from normal ship routes, so you don't suddenly see them inside a "virgin convoy". But maybe you can use them anyway. They stay afloat as long as scripted...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:44 PM   #321
Samwolf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 37

Got it! Thanks RB. Since I still have a GWX1.03 version to run, I'll be checking this out.

Perhaps a GWX2.0 version someday? The best of both worlds would be a combination of Rubini's GWX enhanced mods and yours.

GWX 3, JSGME 2.3, Sh3 Commander 3.2 SH3 Gen 8.1, Water Stream for U-boats, LRT LITE 2.0, Lifeboats for SH3

Samwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:48 PM   #322
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwolf
Got it! Thanks RB. Since I still have a GWX1.03 version to run, I'll be checking this out.

Perhaps a GWX2.0 version someday? The best of both worlds would be a combination of Rubini's GWX enhanced mods and yours.
I plan on it. If Rubini will work with me I'll add their new effects in a version for GWX 2.0. If not I'll either make a version for GWX 2.0 taking out their effects 'calls' in the zones.cfg so you all can use it in GWX 2.0 or make my own new effects to take the place of theirs so it can be compatible.
Old 12-16-07, 09:31 PM   #323
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

RB:
I downloaded your mod, and I found something unexpected and don't know what to do...
There is a folder "for GWX 1.03", does this mean that I have to enable it via JSGME along with the folder "SH3 effects (and more) for SH3 2.03"?
I thought everything was included in the same folder... so both folders or just the last one?
Thanks a lot for your help RB.
CapZap
Old 12-16-07, 09:47 PM   #324
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapZap1970
RB:
I downloaded your mod, and I found something unexpected and don't know what to do...
There is a folder "for GWX 1.03", does this mean that I have to enable it via JSGME along with the folder "SH3 effects (and more) for SH3 2.03"?
I thought everything was included in the same folder... so both folders or just the last one?
Thanks a lot for your help RB.
CapZap
the included readme also tells you what to do with this but I'll answer here also If you are using GWX 1.03 then you have to copy the folder contained in 'for GWX 1.03' into 'MODS\Racerboy_SH4_effects_for_SH3_2_03'.
The folders contained in 'for GWX 1.03' are all the ships new files (the data\Sea folders). So by copying the contents you'll be overwriting and adding new folders to MODS\Racerboy_SH4_effects_for_SH3_2_03\data\Sea. If you don't copy these folders then you won't have the framework to use the Live_AI_Ships idea for GWX 1.03. Well you will, sort of, but not for every ship because GWX 1.03 introduced new ships.
This infomation can also be found in the text file 'Racerboy_SH4_effects_for_SH3.txt' found in the folder 'RB_SH4_effects_for_SH3_2_03'.
Old 12-16-07, 11:13 PM   #325
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Thanks a lot RB, I am trying to figure it out, gimme some time and I shall succeed.
CapZap
Old 12-17-07, 01:27 AM   #326
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

RB is it okay to install your mod over vanilla 1.4b?

I read you mentioned somewhere about AI torpedo so is this going to be added up in your later version?
Old 12-17-07, 01:41 AM   #327
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
RB is it okay to install your mod over vanilla 1.4b?

I read you mentioned somewhere about AI torpedo so is this going to be added up in your later version?
perfectly ok. Out of the box (or unzip ) it's ready for SH3 1.4b. If you're going to use it on GWX 1.03 you have to copy some files around. If you want to enable the Live_AI_ships part then you have some setup to do. Read the textfile 'I want to add sound to a ship!.txt' for details on how to do this

AI torps is nearing completion. BETAs have been sent out to testers and I'm awaiting feedback and testing.
Old 12-17-07, 06:39 AM   #328
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Um, why does this mod contain brutally truncated Englishnames and Germannames cfg files, killing almost all the ship names?
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 07:14 AM   #329
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
Um, why does this mod contain brutally truncated Englishnames and Germannames cfg files, killing almost all the ship names?
please explain what you mean. It contains 2 files for each ship, a modified .eqp file and a new file called xxx.cam (where xxx=class name of ship). There shouldn't be any xxx.cfg files included for any ship.
Old 12-17-07, 07:20 AM   #330
Boris
Sea Lord

Downloads: 41

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
please explain what you mean. It contains 2 files for each ship, a modified .eqp file and a new file called xxx.cam (where xxx=class name of ship). There shouldn't be any xxx.cfg files included for any ship.
nope, but in the sea folder there is the germannames and englishnames.cfg files which control the ship names. The ones in your mod only include something like 20 ships.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote