SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-08, 09:02 PM   #316
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Mouse probs

CH;
I may have missed this in your previous post but I'll toss it out there. I've noticed that if you click on the mouse to make the cursor disappear so you can "look" around, if you try a voice command at this point it won't work. The cursor must be visible. Could that be the problem?

@ minsc_tdp
I won't play SHIV without the voice command anymore, LOL. You've got me hooked. I've still got the aft tubes issue I mentioned in a previous post but I can live with it. thanks again for your work.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 09:28 PM   #317
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand01
@ Billko...No joy on the manual selection. I'm really beginning to think that the coordinates for the mouse movements are off somehow. I am using a 21" flat screen but I don't think that should matter. Also, I can't find a 2.52 version as 2.54 is the only one I've D/L'ed. And don't worry about late responses. I know all about loooong work hours.lol....CH

ps. thanks again for the help..
If you give me an email address, I can send you the version I am using 2.22. You can check out the chage log on the first post in this thread for info on what's happened since then, but I don't think there were any major chages (besides a reorganization in the file/folder structures). I'd recommend you delete the sh4speech folder instead of copying over it.

Bill
Old 08-06-08, 06:58 AM   #318
silverstone08
Nub

Downloads: 1
Default sadly not working

ok so installed micrsoft voice sdk file you say in the readme, and i ran two spech recogniton walkthroughs and when i use your program nothing happens. I tell it to reset the tubes to 6 reset the dials and all the other start up stuff but when i tell it to do any command nothing happens!

what i need is an idiots guide to getting this brilliant sounding tool to work.

Last edited by silverstone08; 08-06-08 at 08:57 AM.
silverstone08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08, 10:13 AM   #319
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default @ Silverstone

Let's try the process of elimination;
When you start SHIV speech (I use an icon on the desktop). Does the DOS box pop up, you should have a DOS type box appear with a bunch of "prep" lines which indicate that SHIV speech is running and ready to receive voice commands. I'm at work so can't post a screenie. If that box is not appearing then SHIV is not working properly.
If it is appearing then SHIV is working and the problem may be your sound setup (i.e. it's not the program itself but rather your current configuration).
Old 08-06-08, 10:23 AM   #320
silverstone08
Nub

EDIT. woops almost forgot yes the dos window opens and stays open it just says listening. i was looking at earlier posts in the thread and for good mesaure i have instaslled both active pyhton and active perl but i dont have an install file in the zip just he dos files!
please explain as micrsoft speeech recogntion works beautifully but this tool doesnt work!

if you what set up am i using sound wise i use a unkown brand head set with an excedingly good mic and have it plugged into my rear sound ports on my mobo. it uses realtek hd audio manager.

please help i really want this to work
Old 08-06-08, 07:42 PM   #321
Coolhand01
Soundman

Downloads: 9

@ Billko....Check PM
Coolhand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-08, 09:54 AM   #322
silverstone08
Nub

Default fixed it (sorry for the tripple post)

all right so i fioxed my problem and i have to say "Fire tube 1!" this tool is the best ever and im not joking with a little more training i think i can get it to recognise any command i give it and then bye to my keyboard (for sh4 anyway)

what did i do you mayask well i just re downloaded the tool and voila nothing else was changed and after doing this and finding out it worked i ran a couple more voice training sessions and now i cant put it down!

@admin please deltet my previous posts
Old 08-07-08, 10:08 AM   #323
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Well done.

Glad to see you got it working, obviously the first file was a corrupt download.

Yes, you'll find it is quite addictive and certainly adds to the immersion/enjoyment. I've modified some of the commands such as;
"up/down scope" instead of "raise attack periscope"

"come left/right xx degrees" instead of "change course...."

"make your depth xx feet" - this one is a little weird in that when I say "make your depth 200 feet" the XO will respond with "new depth, 199 feet". He's always one foot off, LOL. Not sure why but no biggie.

It's a pretty versatile program so if you have a particular way of saying a command it's pretty easy to insert it into the command list.

Good hunting.
Old 08-07-08, 10:33 AM   #324
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
@ Billko....Check PM
Coolhand. Check email!
Old 08-07-08, 09:49 PM   #325
Coolhand01
Soundman

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Quote:
@ Billko....Check PM
Coolhand. Check email!
That didn't work either. I give up. Thanks anyway's....CH
Coolhand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 12:03 AM   #326
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Quote:
@ Billko....Check PM
Coolhand. Check email!
That didn't work either. I give up. Thanks anyway's....CH
I'm really sorry I couldn't help you, coolhand. Have you tried playing at a different resolution? Or maybe a workaround is to set sh4speech to some sort of custom resolution. Maybe sh4speech has to be set to something like 1152 x 864? I'm not giving up as long as I have stuff you can try!

Bill
Old 08-12-08, 10:18 AM   #327
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

nice to see minsc is back. i hope you can help me using your software on a german vista (problem is descripted some posts above). i will retake my tests on this issue to solve the problem and i hope you can give me some hints about it...

edit: minsc, i have running it now! forget my issues, everything runs fine now with my german vista. only two words are not understood (there is an error message in the dos window): "Bruecke" and "fuenf". all the other words including "ae", "oe" and "ue" are well understood.

greetz, Jaeger

Last edited by Jaeger; 08-12-08 at 02:24 PM.
Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 10:57 AM   #328
jamz
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoose
Glad to see you got it working, obviously the first file was a corrupt download.

Yes, you'll find it is quite addictive and certainly adds to the immersion/enjoyment. I've modified some of the commands such as;
"up/down scope" instead of "raise attack periscope"

"come left/right xx degrees" instead of "change course...."

"make your depth xx feet" - this one is a little weird in that when I say "make your depth 200 feet" the XO will respond with "new depth, 199 feet". He's always one foot off, LOL. Not sure why but no biggie.

It's a pretty versatile program so if you have a particular way of saying a command it's pretty easy to insert it into the command list.

Good hunting.
So this means I can change an existing command (dive) to (dive! dive! dive!) so when I clear my throat, or say "fire" it doesn't get mistaken? ')

Is there a link to how to change/edit/add/delete commands?
jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-08, 11:23 AM   #329
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default I may be wrong but.....

...all I've done is type in the command line within the Excel file (I insert an extra line so it will accept the 'old' command or the 'new' command).
As to clearing your throat, it's funny you should mention that. Every time I clear my throat near my mike I get taken to the Control Room, LOL. It's a bit of a pain but the SDK voice software is not 100% perfect at recognizing every little sound combo so I've learned to mute/cover my mike if I feel like coughing etc. It probably didn't help that I changed "go to control room" to "Con". So far that's the only 'glitch' but I'm betting it's because part of any cough etc probably sounds like "con" to the program so it reacts. I simply say "bridge" or whatever and I'm back to where I was.
Yes, you can insert "dive, dive, dive" (haven't tried that myself) but don't be surprised if it doesn't work properly. I have "take her down" as a non-battlestation dive command and I have to pronounce it clearly else the crew don't react.
It's a bit of a learning process as to what commands react best etc. Stick with it and do some experimenting.
I've put in "stand down damage control" to get rid of my damage control team etc but so far I haven't got that particular command to work so I'll try some other similar expressions and go with whatever works. You get the idea.
Old 08-14-08, 11:25 AM   #330
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Changing commands

sorry forgot to answer that part of your query. I'm at work so don't have access to the files in question but I believe the readme gives some direction. Minsc, the author, will no doubt respond too.