SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-21-10, 05:41 PM   #3226
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Latest 3.07 installed
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 06:18 PM   #3227
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Latest 3.07 installed
good bug report. This is due to my error in Page navigation map. I updated the function but forgot to update the function call in page navigation map. I'll fix this and issue another bug fix version
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 06:30 PM   #3228
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBabouin View Post
Here's the saved journal and I didn't change anything in the option file, didn't even opened it yet.

Also, selecting the mission, the objective map was not draggable. I let the game running in external view for about one hour but didn't get any other message.
First off, thank you for sending the ship's journal record of this. It has some key information in it for helping me find the python error that you experienced sometimes.
You must be using the files I sent to you via PM. They included the bug of nav map not draggable. If you would please download the latest version of the mod, v3.0.7 (if you aren't using it already), and also install the debugging mod after it that you can find at this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3225

The debugging mod will help me figure out why you're automatic mast height isn't working, if it isn't. If yours is working then there's no need to download the debugging mod.

Thanks for your patience also. I know it's frustrating getting errors popping up on your screen but I will eventually figure them out and get them fixed

After you install the latest version of the mod, let me know if you still get the error when you click on the intro video please.
Old 06-21-10, 08:45 PM   #3229
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

ok, I think I finally figured out the problem some users are having with the automatic mast height. It's an encoding problem caused by myself. This makes perfect sense since anyone using English has no problems - others using different languages have problems. I'm going to release v3.0.8 here soon using the 'new' way of getting the mast heights from the files. Hopefully users of different languages will get automatic mast height data working finally

Got the encoding correct. Now the user's language special characters are displayed (and more importantly every ship has a mast height just like english users have). Here is using the German files:
Old 06-21-10, 08:51 PM   #3230
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
good bug report. This is due to my error in Page navigation map. I updated the function but forgot to update the function call in page navigation map. I'll fix this and issue another bug fix version
Does this report come up because i have debug scripts commented out in the SH5 folder in my documents .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 09:09 PM   #3231
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Does this report come up because i have debug scripts commented out in the SH5 folder in my documents .
no. The error would be thrown no matter what due to the nature of it.
Old 06-21-10, 09:17 PM   #3232
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561
Uploads: 0
Default Taking pictures for recon mission

Sorry if this has been covered, could not find anything in this thread by searching. Can you take pictures when on a recon mission. Great mod by the way.

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.5 / Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 09:22 PM   #3233
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Sorry if this has been covered, could not find anything in this thread by searching. Can you take pictures when on a recon mission. Great mod by the way.
That's a great question and I'm not sure of the answer because I don't know what the conditions required are by the game to take pictures. You can certainly use WEPS-->Torpedo Attack-->Take photo to take pictures. You'll know whether you're 'allowed' to take the photo or not if the picture shown is blank or not.
Old 06-21-10, 09:39 PM   #3234
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.0.8 released. I'm hoping this is the fix for users whose automatic mast height wasn't working. See post #1 for details.

I only need one confirmation from someone whose automatic mast height wasn't working before that it is working. Even if it still doesn't work please let me know You'll know it doesn't work also because of the debugging message it will add to your messagebox if there's an error with the automatic mast height.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-22-10 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 11:56 PM   #3235
Johndb
Watch

Downloads: 227
Mast Height

First of all, Thank you TDW for all the work done on the UI.
If it wasn't for you and all the other wonderful modders out there I probably would have stopped playing this game.
Yes, I also had problems with the automatic mast height. Where the mast height always showed 0.0. To use the Stadmeter I always had to manually change this value first.
I decided to do a clean install with the latest patches and install the UI.
The automatic setting of the mast height works 100% now.
I can not explain what changed.
Thanks once again for all the effort.
Johndb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:04 AM   #3236
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndb View Post
First of all, Thank you TDW for all the work done on the UI.
If it wasn't for you and all the other wonderful modders out there I probably would have stopped playing this game.
Yes, I also had problems with the automatic mast height. Where the mast height always showed 0.0. To use the Stadmeter I always had to manually change this value first.
I decided to do a clean install with the latest patches and install the UI.
The automatic setting of the mast height works 100% now.
I can not explain what changed.
Thanks once again for all the effort.
what version of the UIs mod are you using? v3.0.8?

EDIT:

Updated Spanish menu.txt by b3rnard0c for v3.0.8: http://www.filefront.com/16826479/Ne...yb3rnard0c.7z/

Updated Italian menu.txt by Mithrandir for v3.0.8: http://www.filefront.com/16826545/Ne...ithrandir.zip/

Updated Russian menu.txt by Sukhoi for v3.0.8: http://www.filefront.com/16826587/Ne...u-bySukhoi.7z/

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-22-10 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 01:32 AM   #3237
Johndb
Watch

I am using version 3.04 at the moment.
But everything started working fine when i did a clean install and used version 3.0 at that time.
Old 06-22-10, 01:46 AM   #3238
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndb View Post
I am using version 3.04 at the moment.
But everything started working fine when i did a clean install and used version 3.0 at that time.
can I get you to try v3.0.8? I'm assuming your using the English version of the game?
Old 06-22-10, 02:35 AM   #3239
Meldric
Officer

Downloads: 167

I have had the following issue (again: sorry, if that has been covered before):

When I use the CrashDive-Button, my boat is surfacing... a very bad thing facing a number of enemy destroyers... I am using stock keyboard layout (with one little correction for the "Engines stopp" command that is not working for me in stock).

Meldric
Meldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 07:02 AM   #3240
Johndb
Watch

Ver 3.08

Tried Ver 3.08 and the stadmeter also works fine.
Maybe this may make sense to You.
Originally I was running silent Hunter with english voice pack and english text with Ver 2.90 of Your UI.
Here I was experiencing the problem where the mast height always 0.0 and needed to manually insert the mast height before doing a stadmeter reading.
While waiting for the Ver 3.0 release I decided to do a clean install.
Stormys DBSM 5.1 mod was the main reason as it needed the German voice pack.
I did a custom install with english text and subtitles using the german voice pack.
Installed version 2.90 UI and wow there it was the automatic mast height was working properly.
From then on I have not had a problem with the mast height.

I hope this helps.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui