Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-20, 11:41 AM   #3151
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

More about the White House efforts to foist hydroxychloroquine as a "cure":

“Really Want to Flood NY and NJ”: Internal Documents Reveal Team Trump’s Chloroquine Master Plan --

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...ne-master-plan

Off on the horizon... Is that the sound of public Congressional inquiries and hearings rustling in the wind?...

<O>
Old 04-24-20, 02:20 PM   #3152
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

New York's governor says his state is on downside of the curve but warns against reopening prematurely.

The number of deaths in the US has passed 50,000, according to Johns Hopkins University.

White House says Donald Trump's remarks on disinfectants were taken out of context.

Doctors and a disinfectant firm issued warnings after he suggested injecting disinfectant.

UK testing website to reopen after having to close temporarily, after 16,000 booked appointments.

Another 768 hospital patients have died with coronavirus in the UK - health ministry.

Global leaders launch WHO initiative to speed up development of vaccines, drugs and tests.

Most Muslims will observe the holy month of Ramadan by fasting under lockdown.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 02:23 PM   #3153
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-24-20, 03:46 PM   #3154
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
US President Donald Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment – a highly dangerous idea that has sparked outcry from medics.

He did not say that.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 03:48 PM   #3155
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The German Corona team at the Charité Berlin found something. From Focus magazine.

Quote:
In the fight against the corona virus, virologist Christian Drosten and his scientific colleagues from the Berlin Charité have reported interesting discoveries. According to Drosten, it cannot be ruled out that certain previous illnesses can lead to immunity to the coronavirus. The virologist said in the NDR podcast "The Coronavirus Update on April 24th.

In a study, his team examined T cells, i.e. blood cells that serve the immune defense. T cells from previously healed COVID-19 patients and from patients who have not yet been infected were examined.

"Surprisingly, it was seen that 34 percent of the patients had reactive T cells, even though they had never been in contact with the SARS-2 virus," says Drosten.

The virologist explains that there is a structural similarity between the four common cold coronaviruses known to affect humans and the new SARS-COV-2 virus.

A previous illness with one of these four viruses could be an explanation for a so-called background immunity against the new coronavirus.

Drosten spoke of the first such observation worldwide, but also warned against over-interpreting the results. Under no circumstances should one conclude that a third of the population is immune.

Further explanations for mild or asymptomatic courses are also that the affected people got fewer viruses in the beginning or are in better shape overall.

Nothing will change in the number of those who die, after all it is an observation of reality. And a background immunity is already included in this.

Drosten: "It is not the case that one can always derive something from such simple scientific information for the course of the epidemic and the fate of the pandemic in Germany."

Drosten then also spoke of keeping the infection rate at a factor of 1 still a big goal. That would mean that every infected person infects about one more person. Of course, this would not result in a standstill.

A position paper by the Helmholz community suggests that it would have been possible to reduce this factor to 0.2, which could have led to the virus being reduced or even wiped out in Germany.

However, this would have required further strict measures in special areas such as hospitals or retirement homes.
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news..._11921089.html
Old 04-24-20, 03:55 PM   #3156
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I seriously think the partial opening of the lockdown in Germany was done much too early. Infection numbers are already on the rise again

Meanwhile, the first test of a clinical vaccine has been conducted by Biontech, on 200 voluntary 18 to 55 year old participants. Much too early to see any result yet. Next test group will comprise 500 participants.
Even if it worked perfectly, it would become 2021 to be used for a general vaccination.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 04:16 PM   #3157
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I seriously think the partial opening of the lockdown in Germany was done much too early. Infection numbers are already on the rise again
Yep, I fear the same, considering how many careless or irresponsibly acting people I still can see whenever I step before the door of my house. Add to this populists like Laschet and Lindner, the first famous for inspiring this year's Corona Carnival and wanting to foster his image to be oh so affable, and the latter for his implication that the virus marches to the drums of business agendas, and the projection for the the future points at only one worrysome direction.

The Chinese and Koreans and Singaporeans already are in a relatively desperate defense battle against the second wave, it seems. And they started much better than us Europeans and Germans. While the Japanese and Swedes sink deeper and deeper into the swamp they hoped they would avoid by their special ways.
Old 04-24-20, 05:13 PM   #3158
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Same here in Denmark. Last week the government decided to open the door a little bit and now there's an increase of infected.

Yesterday the numbers of infected was 8073 today it's 8210. 137 in 24 hours and this will go up.

There may be two reason for this.

They have expanded the testing

The Warm spring have made lots of people gathering together in groups more than 10 people.

Then there are those who couldn't care less about their next.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 07:13 PM   #3159
Skybird
Soaring

You are listing the totals there, Mapuc. The daily new cases are what are interesting.

The case number will continue to grow anyway for weeks and months to come.

The daily new cases are what allows comparison to whether the growth in totals is accelerating or deccelerating. But growign it will anyway. QWuesiton is at what speed.

And then there is the currently active cases, which have declined in Denmark since several days.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...untry/denmark/
Old 04-24-20, 07:39 PM   #3160
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Herd Immunity.
Old 04-25-20, 05:03 AM   #3161
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I was reading this article earlier and pray he is correct.

Quote:
Coronavirus dies out within 70 days no matter how we tackle it, claims professor

Across the globe, debate is raging about the best way to tackle the spread of coronavirus, with countries adopting radically different approaches in the fight against the disease.

But an Israeli professor claims all efforts will lead to the same result, because the disease is self-limiting and largely vanishes after 70 days – with or without any interventions.

Professor Isaac Ben-Israel, the head of the security studies programme at Tel Aviv University and the chairman of the National Council for Research and Development, claims his analysis proves that Covid-19 peaks at 40 days before rapidly declining.

Major General Ben-Israel, who was also head of the analysis and assessment division of the Israeli Air Force Intelligence Directorate and former chief Cybernetics adviser to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, claims shutting down major economies is having devastating consequences for little gain....
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...aign=DM1240095

Old 04-25-20, 05:09 AM   #3162
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More than 2.8 million cases have been confirmed globally and more than 197,000 people have died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Nearly 60 new cases have been recorded among the crew of an Italian-registered cruise ship docked in Japan's Nagasaki.

Thousands in Australia and New Zealand have marked Anzac Day. With mass gatherings banned, households marked the day of remembrance on their driveways.

US President Donald Trump walked out of a shorter-than-usual daily press conference, refusing to take questions from journalists. He has faced controversy after he suggested injecting disinfectant could be beneficial to coronavirus patients.

In India, the government has allowed neighbourhood stores to reopen. The interior ministry said only 50% of staff should work and they should follow social distancing measures and wear masks.

Bookings on the UK government’s website for key workers to apply for coronavirus tests were filled within an hour of it reopening on Saturday - apart from some in Scotland.

Old 04-25-20, 05:18 AM   #3163
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I was reading this article earlier and pray he is correct.
I saw it as well, but left it without forming an opinion. Its not a testable theory he has, just an observation he claims.

Meanwheile the WHO right now, live claims once again there is no evidence that making it thoruzgn the desease and bein alive produces any form of immunity. You can get reinfected by it, they say.

Well, its the WHO saying it, so I take it with a grain of salt - but still....
Old 04-25-20, 06:50 AM   #3164
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-25-20, 07:08 AM   #3165
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Actually that is none of my fears, actually I tend to encourage them. Never before in history would so much have been learned by so many in such short ammount of time.

So now you are wishing we'd all just commit suicide eh? What a piece of work you are.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan