Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-20, 05:29 AM   #3136
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The really big fear I have is some of his lemming supporters may actually try to inject themselves with or ingest disinfectants based on his deranged musings and declarations;
Actually that is none of my fears, actually I tend to encourage them. Never before in history would so much have been learned by so many in such short ammount of time.
Old 04-24-20, 05:33 AM   #3137
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

So, are you quoting the Great "Very Stable Genius" himself...

..."What have you got to lose?"...

<O>
Old 04-24-20, 05:47 AM   #3138
Skybird
Soaring

The taste of the next thing to come. "Surviving in what was left of the before".

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/24/a...hnk/index.html
Old 04-24-20, 05:57 AM   #3139
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
No you don't!
You love bringing it up when you are right.
Actually you are right, I do not kid you, and I claim a very valid explanation to excuse my behaviour. Because in past and earlier years I have been so often ridiculed for something I pointed out, which in later times showed to nevertheless have become real and true, that I indeed made it a habit to point it out now when I have been right on something I said in the past. Its a wanted reaction of mine that I have actively decided for. So, I am fully aware of it.

Its not just narcissism, as you claimed, but its just an angry overload dose of "payback sentiment" in me. I now enjoy it indeed to rub others into their nose when once again I got something right while the just laughed. Maybe this does not make me any more sympathetic to some, but after all I am just as human as others. And different to what moral and law philosophers claim to be acceptable, revenge sometimes can offer quite some satisfaction.
Old 04-24-20, 06:02 AM   #3140
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The really big fear I have is some of his lemming supporters may actually try to inject themselves with or ingest disinfectants based on his deranged musings and declarations; he's already got the blood of one of his followers on his hands...
Of course the truth is somewhat different.

First and quite importantly, President Trump is not on record telling anyone to ingest fish tank cleaner. Some people are their own worst enemies.

And even more important, these people were not Trump supporters. In fact the wife donated to various Democratic causes.

Quote:
..including Wanda's numerous donations to Democrats as recently as February. In that month, Wanda donated to the PAC 314 Action Fund, which has called itself the "pro-science resistance" to the White House.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ari...trump-democrat

Quote:
Federal Election Commission records reviewed by the outlet revealed numerous other recipients of Wanda's cash, including Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the pro-choice EMILY's List.
Perhaps it is a case where the dreaded TDS has caused people to do something irrational? Hard to say. More likely just plain stupidity. After all the container had a warning label on it.

As for Trump having blood on his hands. Really? What then of Pelosi, Cuomo and the extensive list of politicians and news media types of both political stripes who are on record saying things that were not in the best interest of public safety? Guilty as well?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 06:38 AM   #3141
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post

Would you like me to tell you about Neal's home in PearLand from back in 2005?
Try 2008

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 06:39 AM   #3142
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-24-20, 06:44 AM   #3143
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
To be true Trump did not propose to inject fish tank cleaner, he just asked if some light therapy could be possible. Problem is he called a theoretical light therapy a "disinfectant" to inject, and once more some people may misunderstand that.
(Inject sunlight maybe, or we could swallow UV lamps, or chew light bulbs.)

And then he said "I am the president and you are fake news".
Please, stop posting Fox news or Breitbart as an argument or reason for your opinion. They are misleading and lying, they have zero credibility.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...what-i-learned
For once read and at least consider it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-24-20 at 07:00 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 06:51 AM   #3144
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK is widening access to coronavirus testing but the government website struggles to meet demand and has closed.

US President Donald Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment – a highly dangerous idea that has sparked outcry from medics.

Most Muslims will observe the holy month of Ramadan by fasting under lockdown but clerics in some countries push back.

South Africa to ease lockdown restrictions from 1 May - some businesses and schools to reopen.

EU leaders agree to inject billions of euros of emergency aid into Europe's struggling economies.

Czech Republic announces it will reopen borders closed since 16 March.

Old 04-24-20, 07:00 AM   #3145
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK's Department of Health has apologised after its new coronavirus testing website closed to applications hours after it launched.

Labour is calling on the UK government to "urgently" tell the British public about the different options for easing the lockdown.

Transport for London (TfL), which runs the Tube and other public transport in the capital, is to furlough 7,000 employees to save about £15.8m every four weeks.

A small number of "irresponsible and selfish people" are "repeatedly and wilfully" flouting coronavirus lockdown rules, according to Police Scotland.

RB, the makers of Dettol and Lysol, warns against any internal use of the products.

Some promising news from Spain, where the number of new coronavirus-related deaths has dropped to the lowest daily level in over a month.

The Czech government has lifted a ban on free movement from today allowing groups of up to 10 outside.

Poland’s education minister Dariusz Piatkowski has said the government has decided to extend the closure of schools, pre-schools and universities for one more month, until 24 May.

Old 04-24-20, 07:37 AM   #3146
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Please, stop posting Fox news or Breitbart as an argument or reason for your opinion. They are misleading and lying, they have zero credibility.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...what-i-learned
For once read and at least consider it.
I'm not disagreeing with you about Fox News but ....

Quote:
Why Does MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Get a Pass for Expressing Political Opinions Anchoring a News Show?
Quote:
Fox News is an easy punching bag, particularly for journalists, researchers, and commentators on the opposite side of the political spectrum, but a great hypocrisy is at work.

Whereas Fox News is held under the most intense scrutiny, unable to significantly deviate from strict separation of church and state for fear of immense media and advertiser backlash, liberal outlets are by and large given a free pass, their injection of progressive opinion or Democratic talking points into news and analysis overlooked (or even celebrated).
https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/why...g-a-news-show/

And from Ms. Wallace just today while interviewing Joe Biden’s Wuhan coronavirus advisor Ron Klain on her 'news program'.

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/nicolle...urting-trump-0

Quote:
"And I wonder what you think about whether or not there’s some silver lining there, that some of the things that we’ve been talking about for three years may be finally catching up with him?”
Here is a MSNBC news anchor finding a 'silver lining' in the deaths of 50,000 Americans. Is that straight news or political opinion? Hardly matters. It's disgusting and shows the degree to which anti Trump journalists have lost their way.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 04-24-20, 07:59 AM   #3147
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ To that i can only say that in 1984 there were around 50 News agencies in the US, and now there are FIVE.
Not none of them will protest against a war any more. See beyond the red and the blue, partisanship will not be the solution for anything.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 08:37 AM   #3148
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-24-20, 09:36 AM   #3149
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ To that i can only say that in 1984 there were around 50 News agencies in the US, and now there are FIVE.
Not none of them will protest against a war any more. See beyond the red and the blue, partisanship will not be the solution for anything.
I could not agree more. The only way to get some degree of the truth is to read from both sides of the street and not be a slave to any one provider of information.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 04-24-20, 11:32 AM   #3150
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

^ Amen to that.

Just a bit ago, the FDA issued a warning regarding the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in treating Covid-19, particularly in out-patient situations:

FDA issues warnings on chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine after ‘serious poisoning and death’ reported --

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/fda-...-reported.html

It should be noted in the very last paragraph of the above article, reference is made to a French study of hydroxychloroquine; the authors of the French study publicly walked back their findings citing the insufficient scope of their own research within about a week after hydroxychloroquine was being touted as a "magic bullet" and their study being cited as evidence of its efficacy...

If I were the Head of the FDA now, I'd start looking for another job...

Who knows? Maybe they'll fill his post with a cat breeder...

This just in:

As I was slowly typing the above, news has just broken that US researchers studying the use and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have ceased their trials citing a "“primary outcome” of death" as the reason for the cessation:

Citing a ‘primary outcome’ of death, researchers cut chloroquine coronavirus study short over safety concerns --

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/coro...-concerns.html

Quote:
Citing a “primary outcome” of death, researchers cut short a study testing anti-malaria drug chloroquine as a potential treatment for Covid-19 after some patients developed irregular heart beats and nearly two dozen died after taking doses daily.

Scientists say the findings, published Friday in the Journal of the American Medical Association, should prompt some degree of skepticism from the public toward enthusiastic claims and perhaps “serve to curb the exuberant use” of the drug, which has been touted by President Donald Trump as a potential “game changer” in the fight against the coronavirus.

<O>

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan