SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-08, 10:56 AM   #301
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Can you make a quick upload of it and send me a PM or so?
I had similar problems
Old 05-10-08, 11:52 AM   #302
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Quote:
The best way IMO would be to restart from the stock gunsxxx.dat which contains your turret.
Problem is this is my learning curve ( both with SD3 and SH4 )
I tried that way as well, but I kept getting crashes and found it very difficult to debug because I'm still not confident with my techniques. Too many opportunities for mistakes.

@Xantro PM on the way .

thanks guys
Old 05-10-08, 11:56 AM   #303
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107

Could it be a lightmap problem?
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 01:11 PM   #304
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Your Gun textures are now working and I also added the two other propellers to the sim files.
But there are a lot of other things to do..
-Adding the Turrets from the AI ship to the sim file
-overwriting the zon file with the AI ship file+setting the parent IDs
-setting the cam and high res crew members on their place
-making the cfg#A01 and cfg#A02 slots under a slot_A01 node for working 3d crew
-bla bla

But you made a good and clever start with overwriting Mikhayl's files

Maybe you can use these tip:
When you have to overwrite a 3d model you can export it as RAWCHUNK and then you import it into the file
Old 05-10-08, 02:31 PM   #305
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

Hey Gents, first post (I believe) But I'd like to say Thank you all for working on this mod. I've been searching since SH3 for a surface ship that was larger than a destroyer and now that it's in SH4 I'm just thrilled I have been playing this mod in particular for 3-4 days now with some minor frustrations that so far most have been taken care of. I read through all 18 pages of this and downloaded every fix for this so far and here is what I have found that needs to be looked at.

1.) Damage stuff, Yup I'm glad you guys are working on this. If I had any clue on how to modify the files I have 3 weeks before I leave for Germany (long story... will be fun ) and wont be on the internet for quite some time. So if there is a tutorial that my n00bish self could take a look at to help modify the Sheer/Graf Spee let me know and I'll see what I can do. I remember reading it involved some 3d editing software... if people are willing to hook me up with the tutorial and the XYZ coordinates I can see if I can help. So far Mudpigs update did show the 3D damage although not much (I took on a task force and had maybe 1 or 2 holes in me when my Graf Spee sunk!) Still no Hull damage report but I did in the fight get a Bulkhead damaged report that was quickly repaired by Damage control so there are some things that are working... sorta

2.) AAA. The Anti-Aircraft guns are finally working which is awesome, they are picking off most aircraft before they get close to the ship which is nice for me. I did however notice that when at longer ranges the larger guns shot normal trajectories yet my smaller flak guns just shot straight up into the air untill the aircraft got close enough for them to level off. Now this isnt that annoying but it does waste ammo. Anyone else having this problem?

3.) I dont know how accurate this is but at full flank and a 40 degree rudder turn slows the ship down to close to 11 knots. I would have figured steaming full ahead at 28-29 knots and making a sharp turn wouldnt kill the speed that much?

4.) Supply Missions and commando guys have a tendancy to spawn right ont he side of the ship, which is realistic, but when your ship is still moving forward at 2-3 knots they get flipped over and sink. You still get credit for the mission but I cant imagine that it looks good on the record!

5.) Crash Dive still works. Kinda funny to accidently hit the Crash Dive button and see a Pocket Battleship going under the waves!!! Periscope Depth does nothing however and neither does blowing ballast or surfacing the boat. So if you hit the Crash Dive button you are down for the count!

6.) Repeating noises, including the already mentioned BattleStation Horn. This includes the ship sinking noises that occur when you accidently hit the crash dive button. I managed to get tehs hip to the surface again by ramming the shore line gently and backing off of it again.

7.) Just a visual thing, but the smoke that is generated from shooting the main guns has a white hue to it instead of the thick black smoke it should be generating. Is there a way to change this? It makes for awesome looking fireworks when you are at the target looking at where you are shooting because you see the fireball and white cloud of doom!

8.) All three guns fire at once. This is one thing that kinda isnt a big deal, but the AA shells for the main guns fire one at a time yet the HE, and AP rounds all fire all 3 at once? It's minor I know but it would be kinda nice to adjust between shots considering ammo has a tendency to disappear fast when you are destroying convoys

9.) Stock AI is incredibly worthless. I had destroyers try and ram me multiple times while messing around. Was rather funny to see them get gunned down by the main guns I dont care if this doesnt get fixed but it's just something I saw and was thought: "While I'm stating this other stuff"

I'm running Stock SH4 v1.5 (with U-boat add on). So no other mods installed just this one and the updates for it installed: Original, Graf Spee Skin, AA Fix, Mudpig Flak Fix. No graphics errors at all other than the minor things like the main gun smoke clouds being white instead of black.

I have to say though I cant wait to either have a fix come out for the damage or just in general fixed. It gets old taking out entire convoys without taking damage and then getting sunk by a subchaser or something stupid because he gets a lucky shot off somewhere I know that the PBB isnt supposed to be invincable but it should be able to at least take more than 2-3shots before it sinks

Like I said though, Absolutely lovely job!! I love sitting just within visual range of ports and bombarding the holy heck outa the docks. Makes for very awesome fireworks displays Keep it up guys you are doing an absolutely fantastic job!

UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-08, 03:05 PM   #306
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Welcome to Subsim,
nice short first post

Let's begin
1:Yes
2:Almost all bigger ships were sunken by airplanes, cause the Flakgunners can't hit as easy as you think, so this is IMO a really realistic factor
3:It is a realistic value with a ship that big
4:They hit my submarine too when I am driving arround 3 knots, which means you got to stop then until 0 knots or make the rudder full port
5:It is not working for me
6:This has nothing to do with this mod
7:This is a diesel ship and diesel smoke is not as big as stream smoke
8:When I change it, that you can fire each gun seperate, the shells will come 3 times out of one canon
9:I think the AI is hardcoded

hope the most questions are polite enough answered
Old 05-10-08, 03:16 PM   #307
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44

Thanks Xantro .... hours of frustration put behind me .

Didn't know I could adjust the number of propellors ( Hmmm .. there it was "Insert array item") .

I had a version with the extra Texture but it didn't seem to make any difference.
I'll experiment with importing chunks. See how that changes things.
Old 05-10-08, 03:16 PM   #308
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

2.) I was saying the flak gunners shot directly straight up, as in 90 degrees into the air not anywhere near the target. I'll take some screenshots to show you. I think it's because they cant reach the target so they are trying to compensate by aiming higher, but in aiming higher to reach the target they shoot straight up!!!

You can see at the left the flak shooting correctly, and the big group of not so normal shooting in the center

5.) Will double check this, it might have changed with Mudpig's recent fix.

Nope! Can still Crashdive! It gets to about the deck and then it stops!

6.) Nothing? It doesnt do it on any other ship!!! Thats cool though, time compression stops the noise

7.) I'm not talking about the smoke from the smoke stacks I was talking about the smoke that comes outa the main guns when you shoot. It is brite white when it should be a darker black/brown. I'll get another screenshot of a real BB shooting and a picture of the Graf Spee in game shooting

Game: White Smoke

Reallife: Black Smoke

8.) The AA shells for the Main guns shoot out of seperate guns when you shoot, or at least from the gunnery position it looks like it does. I will double check this as well

9.) Darn Ohh well silly DD's

Thanks for the Quick response, like I said I cant wait for the next update as this is truely a dream come true

Last edited by UrPeaceKeeper; 05-10-08 at 04:03 PM.
UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 01:22 AM   #309
Mudpig
Watch

Downloads: 75

I can't reproduce the crash dive bug, but I take a look into my hydro settings.:hmm:
Black smoke should not be a problem its all about the Particle.dat.

I have a pass on thoses files and report back.
Mudpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 01:47 AM   #310
Mudpig
Watch

Found the Problem.

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=N53ZEXYO

Also contains a try to get the Damage Control running, damage shows but I can't help "blitz" sinking atm...

Last edited by Mudpig; 05-11-08 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-11-08, 03:16 AM   #311
linerkiller
Captain

Downloads: 36

also de dive indicators (tiefenmessers) should be eliminated

"When we realized that our clubbing and kickings were being administered by the burned, mutilated survivors of our handiwork, we found we could take it with less prejudice." Captain Richard "Dick" O'Kane-USS Tang
http://www.youtube.com/user/willembrock
linerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 03:55 AM   #312
The Hornet
Watch

Downloads: 0

Hello, I was wondering if someone could give a detailed explination on how to edit the number of torpedos as well as their postition, and is it possible to add a 3D model to a cfg node?
The Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 06:05 AM   #313
haegemon
Medic

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper
9.) Stock AI is incredibly worthless. I had destroyers try and ram me multiple times while messing around. Was rather funny to see them get gunned down by the main guns I dont care if this doesnt get fixed but it's just something I saw and was thought: "While I'm stating this other stuff"
IA was made primary for anti-subarine war, so it's normal it needs an improvement.
haegemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 07:51 AM   #314
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpig
Found the Problem.

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=N53ZEXYO

Also contains a try to get the Damage Control running, damage shows but I can't help "blitz" sinking atm...
I'll try this.
What did you do to make the damage visible?
Old 05-11-08, 09:19 AM   #315
Mudpig
Watch

For damage control I scouted the .zon for compartment types and then put the type ID into the Compartments in .upcge file. As I said that shows damage but I am not sure how the damage and especially flooding is handled. The ship still sinks to fast. Maybe its meant to sink fast but it doen't feel right for a 15500t Warship to sink faster then a 2000t Costal Freighter...also Damage Control should be able to fight the flooding for some time but this is beyond me too, atleast for now.