SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-12-09, 06:42 PM   #301
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Honestly, the PM webs are confusing, and the plot ambles around. No offense to Neal, of course, but this game is a bit confusing... What exactly are the official plot twists? I hear people yelling about lesrae disappearing, and I'm thinking. What? Is it another crazy scheme, or are people chasing loose ends?

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 06:45 PM   #302
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
I think Letum's report got it right, the whole village is falling apart!

Pfft!

That Report was sent as a PM on day One. I didn't expect to see it in the main thread.
Old 02-12-09, 06:46 PM   #303
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Well the real reason for me running away was because I freed letum (knowing that he was gonna be killed anyway.) but he started to yell my name...

So I knew I was gonna be killed for doing that. Better try to make a run for it than just stand there like DUAH.
Old 02-12-09, 06:49 PM   #304
Letum
Navy Seal

Downloads: 43

From the first post:
Quote:
No one who ventures into the woods surrounding the base ever returns. And so you are trapped
I think that makes you rather dead TF, or as good as.
Old 02-12-09, 06:54 PM   #305
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Well, maybe they don't return because they just don't want to come back. I mean, there are werewolves in that town!

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 06:55 PM   #306
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

They all probably went to America, land of Dr Pepper.
Old 02-12-09, 06:55 PM   #307
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Very Super Market
Well, maybe they don't return because they just don't want to come back. I mean, there are werewolves in that town!
Yea, who would want to go back...

To the fireingsquad...

the werewolfs...

the crasy residents...
Old 02-12-09, 06:56 PM   #308
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiß Pinguin
They all probably went to America, land of Dr Pepper.
Yep, thats where im going...

No more old booze for me!!!
Old 02-12-09, 07:44 PM   #309
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Honestly, the PM webs are confusing, and the plot ambles around. No offense to Neal, of course, but this game is a bit confusing... What exactly are the official plot twists? I hear people yelling about lesrae disappearing, and I'm thinking. What? Is it another crazy scheme, or are people chasing loose ends?
The problem is that when you run this type of game, you have to allow players the freedom of action to do what they want to do and get into their character, but you also have to keep them within the confines of the game and scenario you've set up. A good game master will find subtle ways to move a character back on track, but dealing with the unexpected and being flexible is part of being a GM.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-09, 11:22 PM   #310
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

Quote:
None taken. It is a handful managing a game like this. The plot is essentially the same: werewolves among us, lynch by day and attacks by night. There were a few player induced plot twists but they did not disrupt the game mechanics, so I didn't erase them. Once I do the recap, I think you'll see what I mean.

If I ever do this again, though, I will have a rule that says "Miss two votes, out of the game".
Old 02-12-09, 11:54 PM   #311
StdDev
Legend of the Sea

Quote:

If I ever do this again, though, I will have a rule that says "Miss two votes, out of the game".
Neal.. thats not very PC... it should be "Ms Two votes..."

Anyways.. Does a "Guardians" power only protect against Werewolf attacks? or does it protect the benificiary against any death (excluding Hellhound)?
.. is a Guardians protection only good at night?

Does a "Seer" get complete info on the character they inquire about or only wolf/not wolf ? (in either case I think someone just revealed that they are NOT a seer previously in this thread).

When a character is lynched is his secred ID always revealed ?

very interesting game!.. hope you do some more!

Werecat
|
v
StdDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 04:31 AM   #312
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StdDev
Anyways.. Does a "Guardians" power only protect against Werewolf attacks? or does it protect the benificiary against any death (excluding Hellhound)?
The protection is only against werewolf attacks during night, your ward will die even if you were still protecting them (ie your last PM was to protect that person) when they are lined up and shot.
Old 02-13-09, 05:01 AM   #313
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

I'd like it if we had another game, as it will give the people that died/got mauled early on a chance to participate, as it can't be nice to be killed off at the start, without having any influence. I know it's a lot of work, but it is very good fun. Thanks very much for organising it. Perhaps someone else could be a moderator next time and give Neal a chance to play?

As for the PMs going around, I've only been contacted by one person, who I'm not sure if I trust or not , so each night I'm working in the dark. So whoever is in a web of PMs, be thankful that people are talking to you! It's very interesting that even though people know nothing and there is no actual evidence against them, they give themselves away, by what they say and contradict themselves. The more people promise, the more you give yourself away, like if you pretended to be a guardian and the person you were protecting suddenly died for example is a bit of a give away.

I really don't know why people are just voting to lynch people that they cannot possibly know are werewolves, because as it turns out later, they weren't.

I've got more things to say about strategy, but will post after the game has ended, as I realise now that I've made a really big mistake in my strategy. The benefit of hindisght eh?

Did Lesrae get bumped off down the well because he went AWOL from PMs?
Old 02-13-09, 06:41 AM   #314
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 541
Uploads: 224

I'll reveal what happened with Lesrae as soon as the game is over. There were a couple elements in the story that were introduced by the players, but since I felt they did not break the game, I let them run. I mean, this is a horror story, what's so unusual about a character mysteriously turning up dead? And when another character removes the silver bullet...the body suddenly cannot be found? I mean, it's pretty obvious.

Quote:
I'd like it if we had another game, as it will give the people that died/got mauled early on a chance to participate, as it can't be nice to be killed off at the start, without having any influence. I know it's a lot of work, but it is very good fun. Thanks very much for organising it. Perhaps someone else could be a moderator next time and give Neal a chance to play?
Yeah, you're right, it sucks to be the first out. Like the TV show Survivor, the very first night, someone gets sent home--aargh! That must suck. But there's no way around it. I would like to a regular player in the next game, but we need to find a good GM. One thing I learned about this round: whomever is the gamemaster has to have real integrity because players PM him nonstop for help and hints. I mean, it's a game, right? You would think people would understand that the GM cannot "help" them without being unfair to the other players, but that didn't stop a lot of people, lol.

The thing about lynching: in a normal game of Mafia or werewolf, someone gets lynched every round. It's like taking a swing at a pitch, you hope you hit a werewolf, because that is the only way non-werewolves can take out werewolves, and for non-WW's to have any chance, they need to hit a pitch in the first three or four tries. In this game, people are role playing so intensely, they are acting like they are REALLY lynching people Plus, they are not doing a very good job of questioning each other in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StdDev

Does a "Seer" get complete info on the character they inquire about or only wolf/not wolf ? (in either case I think someone just revealed that they are NOT a seer previously in this thread).

When a character is lynched is his secred ID always revealed ?

very interesting game!.. hope you do some more!
Man, I hope you and I get in the next game, that would be fun. To see who would lie to the other the best! Haha, trickster vs joker.

When a character is lynched, his ID can be revealed or not, depending on how the gamemaster wants to influence the story. I like to have elements of uncertainty in stories I read and movies I watch. Some people want to be spoonfed every detail. Lol, I think there are clues lying on the ground in this story, no one seems to notice them.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-13-09 at 06:54 AM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 07:30 AM   #315
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Some people want to be spoonfed every detail. Lol, I think there are clues lying on the ground in this story, no one seems to notice them.

Neal it depends on how you leave those clues on the ground.... Cause I Happend to saw a couple of them and than just quited on them cause I didn't knew the person you were refering to....

Examp: For you that is writing this....

Player Rocky is with Player Ralf and C, Walking in the Road near the Fisherman's hut, They are telling jokes Then player C tells Player Rocky and Ralf, " I have to go to the WC and than to my Patrol... he goes and
minutes after Player Rocky and Ralf are attacked and killed by the
Fisherman's hut .....

Your first conclusion as a player is that player C had something to do with the
killing, its the obviouse clue to follow but than....

Who was player C ?

Its like you leave a coin on the flor and ask the Blind man " There it is grab it..."

he can be lucky and find the coin, or he can brack his neck looking for it....

just a observation....

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote