SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-09, 05:23 PM   #3121
Herr Kaleun
Watch

Downloads: 400
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
What the hell is this for a sub?
That's a british T-Class submarine.

Informations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_T_class_submarine

Herr Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 06:13 PM   #3122
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Kaleun View Post
@sergbuto
Do you use a Mod for PT-Boats?
Yes, I just did it. It's the easy one.
Old 10-18-09, 06:24 AM   #3123
Herr Kaleun
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergbuto View Post
Yes, I just did it. It's the easy one.
Does the mod good?
It looks really cool!

Old 10-18-09, 07:24 AM   #3124
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Does the mod good?
It looks really cool!
It looks kool but the PT-boats game has arcade gameplay. It is too early to say how much things can be improved.
Old 10-18-09, 08:30 AM   #3125
Paulowanclift
Seaman

Downloads: 6

Taking a nice stroll along the sea front.

Putting up a brave fight
Paulowanclift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-09, 08:42 AM   #3126
Herr Kaleun
Watch

Quote:
It looks kool but the PT-boats game has arcade gameplay. It is too early to say how much things can be improved.
That is why I ask. I have PT-boats too.

Old 10-18-09, 11:04 AM   #3127
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
That is why I ask. I have PT-boats too.
We are going OT. Therefore, I have made a new topic in the PT-boats forum section here on Subsim.
Old 10-18-09, 11:12 AM   #3128
Herr Kaleun
Watch

Quote:
We are going OT. I made a new topic on the PT-boats forum section here on Subsim.
Okay,
I look. Thanks for information.

Old 10-25-09, 03:13 PM   #3129
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Saw this whale on board a Japanese ship...

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-09, 07:41 PM   #3130
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 07:51 AM   #3131
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27
Default From the surface

28th of june 1942 Pearl harbour.

Today i got called into the old mans office. Lat time i was there was to recive my desk job after being shipless since december 41.
He greetet me politely. So are you ready for a new command?. I was suprised, didnt se that one comming...i fell over my wards...yes, yes sir.
Ok. Go down to pier 6 to se her, she just arived this morning. My mind was spinning while i gave the yes sir. What was this? would they give me a old ship, just something to get me out of the office??....
I hijacked a jeep and drove down to pier 6. On my way i could se the scrap metal from the Japanese attack. It will take som time to clean this base up. I turned around the corner of a storage building and almost lost controll of the jeep when i saw what was docked there..
This have to be a mistake...
I stopped the jeep and climped out. Infront of me towered this ship up. This was huge. I thought i was getting a small ship, but this one i didnt even know. A petty officer greetet me and asked if i was cpt L.T soerensen. I said yes, but what is that and pointet towards the ship. He answered. Sir this is your new ship, the USS Cleveland CL-55. Oh my god, they gave me a light cruiser, and the newest one in the entire US fleet.
I wount go into to many details, but the Cleveland is a light cruiser with the displacement of 10.000 tons. 4 boilers, 100.000 shp and a top speed of 32.5 kn
It got 12 * 6 in guns and 12* 5 in alot of AA guns and two seaplanes.
The next 3 weeks i was using to learn both the ship and the crew. My last command was a Destroyer with 121 crew members. This time i had 1.255 officers and enlistet men. We had drills, more drills and to finish the touch drills. But after a month with shore and sea trials we were put on the active list.
Doing this time i must say we drew a croud. Everyone wantet to get on board and se this new ship and i had to reject alot of applications to transfere to the Cleveland....

2nd of august 1942.
Departure day. This sunrise was the best one i have had in my time at pearl. No planes, the dockyard and the surroundings was quit. The only noise was from my crew preparing for the departure. We would leave in silence. I gave the order and the ship came to life. We had been using external power, but now the chief engeneer fires up for the 4 boilers and the ship shaked. Slowly we got free from the pier and with werry slow speed we turned port.
I called all hands on deck. When we passed the Arizona we gave a salute and hoistet the flag on half. This was it. We were heading into combat and we would join the rest of the brave souls who were fighting against the Japanese. This is our time and may the Cleveland be as strong as she looks. After this small tribute to our fallen comrades we startet the werry trivial normal days duty.
In my cabin i opend the orders. Patrol and engage enemy shipping. Then there were all the grid numbers, but basicly we had to go to the eastcoast of Hoshun Island and be a pain in the Jap butts.
I had to conserve fuel, this was a long trip, so we cruised at 17 knt. The rest is boring. Drills, more drills and again drills.

12th of august 1942.
A lookout spottet a search plane, a mavis. Dont think he noticed us, but this have deffently opend the eys of the crew.

13th of august 1942.
The AA gunners shot down a mavis that had a close look at us. All i can say is wow. From we noticed him to he was shot down took 3 mins, Glad for the drills.

15th of August 1942
We have arived at the most easternly grid of our patrol zone. We spottet a Japanese single merchant. We closed in on him fast we waitet to fire when he was directly at starboard side 400m. One volley and he exploded, yes we have finaly drawn first blood. But realy didnt like to do it. Warships are onething. But our guns against a small merchant, that is slaughter. But again they startet it, we will finish it.

18th of august 1942
We got a warning about radar signals. I turned the course so we would close in on its origin. at 0556 we spottet the first ships. 2 destroyers 1 light cruiser 1 tanker and 3 merchants. Battle stations, all hands prepare for combat.
They were on a heading due north. We were on the eastern side of them
. They were running 15-17knt. We turned due north and was sailing paralel with them at 10.000m After plotting a interception course we spanked the hampsters in the boilers and raced ahead of them.

1033 Hours
We were at the interception point, all was looking, where were they. Did they se us and ran we didnt know.

1100 hours
Radar room pings a signal. Could be them but then they have changed heading. We agreed to follow the signal and aproach doing the night.

We have visual on the Japanese ships. They have not noticed us. We are crawling in range and the course are set on the attack route.

We know have a shooting solution at the light cruiser. 9500m Opening fire. Our first salvo landed short. The second to far. But we got 5 hits on the 3rd salvo on the ligh cruiser was on fire. The detroyers tryed to find us and itwas actualy the light cruiser that open fire on us first. But the drills had worked and within 5 minutes we had more than 10 hits on her and she startet to sink. Fast we opend fire on the closest detroyer and we made a "bismark" 1 salvo and she exploded broke in two pieces and sank. Suddently the Cleveland tiltet to the port side. We were hit. Damedge control team scrampled to the damedge compartments. The Cleveland shook again, another hit. We shot at the last destroyer with all we had and finaly the aiming won over the panic and we landed 3 * 6in shells right in her bridge. It blew of. Next salvo landed on her stern deck and blew the stern of.
The merchants ran, but even though we had damedge, the crew had high morale and shot the 3 merchants out of the water.

The damadge are worse than i suspectet. We had a hit right into the boiler room and lost the two starboard boilers. We had to run for home.

Attacked by japanese planes, one scored a hit on our bow.

Another Japanese attack, this time 2 planes and 1 destroyer. No hits on us, sank the ship and shot down the planes.
20th August 1942
The ship are stabil for now, but our radar room are spotting multible ships closing in on us.

1300 hours.
Our wach crew have spottet Ships, Battle stations, we cant run so we have to fight.

1414 hours
Yes 4 ships comming down on us fast. Cant se ship types yet, but they realy realy want us.

1509 hours
First rounds are falling around us. This spooks me since they are out of my range.

1518 hours
We got hit by a big shell, but finaly they are within range and i can cross the T. Finaly i could se what it was. 3 destroyers 1 one heawy cruiser. All fire on the cruiser and start to zig zag. Give those hampsters go pills in the last two boilers and get us what she can pull out of them....
Since we crossed the T they initialy could only fire light at us. We used that to hit the first two destroyers and sink them. But now the cruiser had its side to us and we were now in a slugging fest. We took some hits, but i have to say that my gun crews did good. They ripped that cruiser apart so fast that well now its there, and now its not..
The last destroyer was close and made some good hits on us. But one salvo from all working guns and he exploded.

1600 hours
This battle was maby the last one for the Cleveland. We were listing to the port side had 177 wounded and 42 dead. But we will try to bring her to Pearl

15th of september 1942
Today we knew we were close to pearl. USAAF search planes was flying around us. Hope she makes it.

17th of september 1942
Land in sight. All of us ran out to se, and yes there were the island, our home, she will make it.
Limped into pearl harbour and docked up at the navy yards. After the normal chaos we had the wounded transfered to the hospital and i whent back to the ship. Yes she was scared. She was abit shot up. But the dock yeard maneger told me that i should give him 1 month and she would be fit as a lion again.
I climped into the jeep that awaitet me. Now i had to report to the old man, wonder what he have for me now.

Now its 1944 and me and Cleveland are stil going strong. Alot of sub story`s , here was one from a surface buff
(sorry about the spelling, not native english and google translate came up with worse english than me)

cpt Lars T sorensen
Uss Cleveland
Pearl Harbour
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 10:40 AM   #3132
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Default Yamato Battleship

Met the Yamato (class) battleship west of Mariannas, 1942, in a task force. Took 10 torpedoes (& 1 dud) (USS Drum) to send her to Davy Jones Locker. She still took over a half hour to sink.

>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 09:22 PM   #3133
G2B
XO

Downloads: 80

This not really a patrol log I just got a little curious about some of the SH4 environment so I went on a little expedition.

Patrolled the Luzon Straits for 5 weeks searching for the Ghost ship, plotted a course around the t's constantly diving to avoid aircraft. So I finally decided to shoot the planes down, go to flank speed shift course port to starboard let the AA gunner have a field day. He managed the first on all right the second one not so well, got some hits on the plane, engine burning, circles back and nails us amidships. Gun crew and AA gunner dead. Flooding in engine room control room and forward torpedo room. I jump to the AA station and finish off the plane.

Alright damage assessment, pressure hulls severely damaged, batteries damaged down to 25% Diesel engines, radio, pump, a few other things, 40% total. Let’s see Trim pump destroyed, that can't be good. Change course and limp away while the crew works on the pressure hulls. Pressure hulls repaired but we still have flooding that is just getting pumped out. Radar contact, very fast bearing 197. Crap he called in friends. Get the Bucket Brigade going, HURRY. I give the order CRASHDIVE when the aircraft is almost in visual range. Thank god for the light fog. Reset depth to 120 feet Ahead Slow no point in testing the repairs. Were going to 130…140 speed 5 knots 6 knots that’s not right. What was broken again oh yeah the TRIM PUMP, 150 feet 7 knots, Blow Ballast get us up, NOW. Approaching 180 feet and she's creaking bad. Think Think Think what to do.........Uncontrolled Dive.......190 .........Emergency Back….Blow Ballast again. 200 feet down to 4 knots 220 feet 2 knots Come on Baby hold together. 240 feet and she’s really popping and creaking, 256 feet reading back 1 knot. 250 feet….240 feet 2 knots. We may get out of this. 3 knots 120 feet were going to make it, keep pumping that water out. 80 feet 3 knots, Break surface no sign of the plane he must have moved to the east of us.

Water is all pumped out lets see if we can dive? Periscope depth, 50 feet 60 feet 70 feet, great, Blow ballast set to 50 feet, holding steady at 50 what a way to submerge. Now lets get out of here. Surface the boat, Ahead Flank plot a course to Midway. Conclusion, no sign of the Ghost ship.

After some repairs at Midway I decide to take a trip to see the Golden Gate. Amazing looking but why is the sun setting at 10 hundred hours. Oh yeah were on Manila time I think. Oh well let's get back to Fremantle and get the rest of the boat patched up.

Hey look at that were getting close to Antarctica, why not. Plot a course lets go see the icy wasteland. Nice sunrise, look at that the moon is coming up also, wait it's setting. What is afternoon going to look like in July around here? About an hour later sunset. It's pretty much dark for about 22 hours a day. May have to return in December to see if it’s light most of the day.

Last edited by G2B; 12-09-09 at 11:10 PM.
G2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 03:01 AM   #3134
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B View Post

Damn man looks like it would need more than that to fix her. In fact, you should be dead.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-09, 02:37 PM   #3135
G2B
XO

Downloads: 80

Shot of port side. Only 40%

G2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screenshots