SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-23-13, 07:41 PM   #3121
jeffgordonfan1
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default damage model?

Does this mod or RSRDC change the damage model for enemy ships because the stock damage model (for flooding and fire damage sucks) if it doesn't does anyone know of a compatible mod that does change the damage model an would work with both this mod and RSRDC?
jeffgordonfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 09:54 PM   #3122
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105

Check out the mods by Traveller he has done different ones that apply to damage and rescue ships.
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 10:30 PM   #3123
ostheim
Nub

Downloads: 32

Sorry if am repeating, but i digging through the long list of posts for this thread, this is my first time using mods for this. I have the mod enabler, the JSMGE program with the mod folder in the main directory, do i just extract each monsun folder into there and then activate each of em?
ostheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-13, 05:32 AM   #3124
R3dakted
Watch

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostheim View Post
I have the mod enabler, the JSMGE program with the mod folder in the main directory, do i just extract each monsun folder into there and then activate each of em?
From the first post of this thread, install in the following order using JSGME:
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch 5

It's best to extract each mod into a temporary folder elsewhere (into a folder on the Desktop for example) before shifting them to the SH4 MODS folder and enabling via JSGME. This is partly because some mod packages include mods in subfolders under the main mod folder, e.g. OMEGU, which may require some rearranging before installation.

Silence is Golden

Last edited by R3dakted; 04-28-13 at 05:46 AM.
R3dakted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 11:37 AM   #3125
Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff
Swabbie

Downloads: 62

I have JSGME for GWX and sh3 but is there a version for SH4?, because i can't activate this mod otherwise mainly because modding without JSGME is not really my expertise. Thanks
Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 11:38 AM   #3126
Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff
Swabbie

Or can i use the one i have already downloaded with SH3?
Old 04-29-13, 03:50 PM   #3127
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

JSGME has nothing to do with any particular game. It was originally created before there was a Silent Hunter. The "G" stands for "Generic".

It is advisable to create a new JSGME install for each game you use it with. You can rename each one to reflect that: JSGME GWX, JSGME NYGM, JSGME RFB, JSGME TMO, JSGME OM etcetera.
Old 04-29-13, 06:11 PM   #3128
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
It is advisable to create a new JSGME install for each game you use it with. You can rename each one to reflect that: JSGME GWX, JSGME NYGM, JSGME RFB, JSGME TMO, JSGME OM etcetera.
I go one step further to keep it a little more organized. I add shortcuts on my desktop: SH3 JSGME, SH4 JSGME, and SH5 JSGM.
Using SH4 as an example, I save all individual mods such as RFB, TMO, OM, GFO and RSRD to the SH4 JSGME mods folder. If I want to play TMO and RSRD, I load the appropriate mods into SH4 JSGME, then save the file as TMO and RSRD.mep. (JSGME saves files as **.mep file extensions.) As I am playing TMO and RSRD, I save the game as TMO and RSRD1, TMO and RSRD2, etc. in the documents SH4 folder. That works well for me and you do not have to use multiSH4.

Some other subsimmers love MultiSH4.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 06:27 PM   #3129
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I have to keep my games as complete separate installs. I have OM with DBSM, and if I loaded those each time I wanted to change careers it would take forever, as DBSM takes 15 minutes just to load on my current machine. If I have each one as a separate game I just have to click that icon and it's loaded up in just a couple of minutes.

MultiSH4 is my hero.
Old 04-30-13, 01:40 AM   #3130
Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff
Swabbie

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-13, 10:36 AM   #3131
Mister_Spok
Seaman

Downloads: 87

Mates, I kinda need your help

I installed OM+OMEGU mods, but I don't quite like how theese handle sub movemens. So I decided to try Living Breathing Ocean mod by Leovampire.

The problem is, when I try to enable it in JSGME it sais that it will alter scene.dat file, which was already altered by OMEGU. I know that OMEGU changes only environment and graphics, but I'm concerned about how will this scene.dat change will influence detection ranges, sensors and so on?
Mister_Spok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 11:27 AM   #3132
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

LeoVampire's work was so revolutionary that he is mentioned in the SH4 Gold credits. Gold actually has an environment based on LBO. OMEGU changes it yet again for its own purposes, and adding LBO back in would probably be redundant. I would just use OMEGU and be happy with it. Or not - it adds in a couple of things I didn't like, so I use OM without it.
Old 05-02-13, 12:45 PM   #3133
Mister_Spok
Seaman

Downloads: 87

Thanks Steve. But it all leads to another question What graphic and environmental mods do you use with OM if you throw away OMEGU?
Mister_Spok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 12:46 AM   #3134
nattai
Swabbie

Downloads: 61

Just posting to register my thanks for all the work that has gone into this mod. Just dipping my toes now and it's immense
nattai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 02:31 AM   #3135
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Spok View Post
Thanks Steve. But it all leads to another question What graphic and environmental mods do you use with OM if you throw away OMEGU?
I had to look at my list, since I can't play anything right now (cranky old computer). I was pretty sure I wasn't using any environment mod, but OMEGU is on my list, so now I'm not sure. I do use the alternate OM Med and OM Arctic environments when in those areas, and I do use my own water transparency mods, so maybe I do.

When I finally get a new computer and get set up again I should have more positive information.