SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-14, 05:22 PM   #3091
Dielos
Watch

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0

Hello TheDarkWraith,

I've had a throttle problem (explained here) that was caused by the independent engine controls patch. Disabling this patch solved the issue.

I'm not sure if the problem comes up only through a combination of other mods, or if it's solely from that patch, but just wanted to let you know.

At least another user has had a similar problem, commented also in the above linked thread.

If you need any information from my game, mod list, or whatever, please do tell. Also, I had the independent engine controls option in the gui disabled, might have something to do with it...

By the way, your work is awesome!

[EDIT]: My guess is that I had one engine always stuck in 1/3 position, and that I was actually only controlling one engine, although the controls for the separate engines were disabled. Going to the engine rooms, the diesels were both always synchronized in their animations.

Oh, unrelated, but destroyed marks are still a hit and miss for me .

Last edited by Dielos; 04-03-14 at 05:39 PM. Reason: More thoughts
Dielos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 05:47 PM   #3092
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I have that patch enabled and I have nothing wrong . I can go forwards , backwards , stop , 2 shafts . You are changing speeds with 1 shaft disengaged , don't do it . Faster turning and quieter noise signiature afaik with 1 shaft but not to be used when changing speed bell afaik .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-03-14 at 05:57 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 05:54 PM   #3093
Dielos
Watch

The problem might very well be on my side. I had the patches enabled, but the option in the gui disabled as I wasn't using it. Might also conflict with some mod maybe?

Just wanted to inform that this happened. Not that it bugs me, as I'm not using it anyway at the moment.

If anybody has the same problem, they might find this useful to solve it though.
Old 04-03-14, 05:59 PM   #3094
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielos View Post
The problem might very well be on my side. I had the patches enabled, but the option in the gui disabled as I wasn't using it. Might also conflict with some mod maybe?

Just wanted to inform that this happened. Not that it bugs me, as I'm not using it anyway at the moment.

If anybody has the same problem, they might find this useful to solve it though.
That's just my opinion , but if that is not the way it is suppose to work then TDW will know thru these posts . If no one ever complained about something then nothing would ever get fixed
Old 04-03-14, 06:09 PM   #3095
Dielos
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
That's just my opinion , but if that is not the way it is suppose to work then TDW will know thru these posts . If no one ever complained about something then nothing would ever get fixed
Oh, I'm sure the feature works just as he intended! Love his work! And yours too by the way! It just might be that I broke something (I'm clumsy), or maybe I pressed the big red button where it says "do not touch!".

There might not even be anything to repair or patch, make something idiot proof, and another better idiot will come along!

But there is another person who had a similar problem already. He wrote about it in the link I posted earlier.
Old 04-03-14, 06:14 PM   #3096
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure the feature works just as he intended! Love his work! And yours too by the way! It just might be that I broke something (I'm clumsy), or maybe I pressed the big red button where it says "do not touch!".

There might not even be anything to repair or patch, make something idiot proof, and another better idiot will come along!

But there is another person who had a similar problem already. He wrote about it in the link I posted earlier.
I can make the same thing happen if I change speeds while 1 shaft engaged . Then engage both shafts and try to change speed , it wont work . If this happens engage both shafts and then click on the ALL STOP bell . Then you can change speeds with both shafts
Old 04-03-14, 06:30 PM   #3097
Dielos
Watch

Thanks sober,

Just tested enabling the patches and dependencies, plus the gui option through the OptionsFileEditorViewer. Now it works as intended.

So, don't enable the patches, but leave the option in the OptionsFileEditorViewer disabled...

Problem solved. Thanks again sober! And also TDW for your great work!

By the way, is it possible to turn the ship by setting one shaft on forward, and the other in reverse? Will have to test this...
Old 04-03-14, 06:37 PM   #3098
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Thanks sober,

Just tested enabling the patches and dependencies, plus the gui option through the OptionsFileEditorViewer. Now it works as intended.

So, don't enable the patches, but leave the option in the OptionsFileEditorViewer disabled...

Problem solved. Thanks again sober! And also TDW for your great work!

By the way, is it possible to turn the ship by setting one shaft on forward, and the other in reverse? Will have to test this...
No idea .
Old 04-03-14, 10:32 PM   #3099
deathwest
Watch

Downloads: 183

I had a bad experience the 1st time I tried the shaft buttons. I had harbor pilot on heading out of Memel I was below and had to run up and see why I was making a left and running aground. At first I though it was the harbor pilot drinking on the job , but them I realized it was me or maybe Berard.
Nice to know I can turn boat with two props if needed.
Old 04-05-14, 06:51 AM   #3100
Gammel
Commodore

Downloads: 276

@TDW
can you please give some easy to understand instruction how to - lets say - double the render distance by changing the number you mentioned here:
-----------------------------
Find this in the \Patches\SH5\TDW_SH5_Patches.S5P file (you can open with NotePad):

; +0x2B0 = Max distance from player's unit addition (DWORD) - Default value is 40000.0 (00401C47)
; this is added to the current max distance value of 40000.0
; this adjusted value determines when units are rendered in game and become 3D units instead of 2D units
Code14=0x2B0,00401C47
-----------------------------

lets say i want my game to render units at 80.000 meters (core -i5 here, lets see)

Please give me the exact numer i habe to write in.

Plese give me the number for 100.000 meters too, ok?

I have no problem using your tools and mods, it's everything professional made and well documented
but this whole mathematics is way out of my knowledge. I finally found out how to manually shot torps but thats it for now.

I tried some decimal /hex /binary converter whatever tools on the web but no success - i simple dont know what i'm doing and this leads to nothing
Gammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 09:00 AM   #3101
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
@TDW
can you please give some easy to understand instruction how to - lets say - double the render distance by changing the number you mentioned here:
Use this handy little app: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jg...oatConvert.zip

When you type in 100000 and press convert to hex it will show you 47C35000. You need to enter that in reverse into the patch file: 0050C347. The reason you have to enter in reverse is because the memory model in X86 processors in little endian style.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-14, 09:51 AM   #3102
Gammel
Commodore

so i had to type in
0006A674 to add extra 60.000 meters?
Old 04-05-14, 09:55 AM   #3103
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammel View Post
so i had to type in
0006A674 to add extra 60.000 meters?
Nope. You only reverse the byte order, not the individual nibbles themselves. A byte in this context is two characters: 00, AA, 3A, etc. So 60,000 meters in hex is 476A6000. Let's break that up into bytes:
47 6A 60 00

Now reverse them:
00 60 6A 47

The answer is: 00606A47
Old 04-05-14, 09:59 AM   #3104
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The SH4 forum just gave me an excellent idea for a new patch: make the flags follow the wind direction Thus instead of the flags always facing towards the rear of the unit have them face the direction of the wind. That is my new goal now
Old 04-05-14, 10:00 AM   #3105
Gammel
Commodore

so add 80.000 would be 00409c47