Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-29-17, 04:06 PM   #3031
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Rockstar writes from the depths of the former NORAD bunker under Cheyenne Mountain .
I dwell in a place much deeper.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-17, 05:54 PM   #3032
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

So you are writing from Russia?
Old 05-30-17, 08:28 AM   #3033
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^Nah you daft bat he's talking about the UK, commonly known around these here parts as Tartarus.
Old 05-30-17, 11:32 AM   #3035
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatis1982 View Post
Poverty lack of education and warlords made that happened.Not freaking religion.
And what causes Poverty, lack of education and warlords often, maybe mostly!??!
Ideologies!

Also, what about all other points? Not a single word I see.
Surprise.

You're still blindly defending an ideology you do not know.

By the way:
Quote:
In December 2006, Ethiopian troops entered Somalia to assist the TFG against the advancing Islamic Courts Union
"Nothing to do with Islam".
Old 05-30-17, 12:02 PM   #3036
Vatis1982
Seaman

Downloads: 27

Also Kurdish and Turkish conflict is actually a war for Independence of Kurds.
You are blindly accusing millions of people for having a different religion of you because of some sick people.

If I search I will find you dozens of war with hideous massacres from all the religions.

And that example I said about the Axis powers in WWII is not irrelevant.
You cannot blame millions of people for some sick lunatics.

Last edited by Vatis1982; 05-30-17 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Language
Vatis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 12:40 PM   #3037
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Also Kurdish and Turkish conflict is actually a war for Independence of Kurds.
You are blindly accusing millions of people for having a different religion of you because of some sick f.... s.

If I search I will find you dozens of war with hideous massacres from all the religions.

You cannot blame millions of people for some sick f....s.
OK, seriously... you start to piss me off...

Quote:
You are blindly accusing millions of people for having a different religion of you because of some sick f.... s.
First of all, I do not accuse anyone blindly.
I accuse Muslims, on the base of their ideology, Islam, and what their holy book - which is infallible - commands them to do.
Deliver an argument why that is unreasonable, and we might find common ground for a debate.

Second, we're not talking about "some sick f....s" here.
Already, I addressed the myth about the "tiny radical minority" before, with a plethora of sources which you obviously didn't bother to check out, yet you reply (or rather repeat yourself), again.

Third, I do not have any religion.
I do not believe in fantastic fairy tales of bearded magical men that sit in the skies and promise us paradise as long as we don't masturbate, sorry.

Quote:
Dozens? Cute!
While you will find a few incidents really conducted in the name of other ideologies in total, you still fail to see two rather important facts:

1. Quantity.
While other ideologies caused a few of incidents overall - Islam is doing this more or less on a daily basis, I think. Mh, not sure...
Why don't we find out?

Oopsie!

2. Relevance.
How are, for example, incidents like the crusades relevant now?
Explain it.

Oh, and regarding violent religions in general... let's see about that.

Quote:
And I didn't say it is.
I pointed out that your comparison is moot and actually supports what I said. I even explained it. Why don't you comment on that instead of just repeating the same catchphrases over and over?

Quote:
You cannot blame millions of people for some sick f....s.
I start to suspect you're not reading your opponent's posts at all, you just hit reply and rephrase what you said before.
What is your argument?

And yes, I can, and I do.
Explain to me why I can't.
Old 05-30-17, 12:49 PM   #3038
Vatis1982
Seaman

End of discussion. Play ball yourself. You hate Muslims. It is your right of course.
You are searching for a long debate. I don't have the time to argue with you. I gave you some links. You still have your opinion. It's again your right.
Find someone else to fight. I have some merchants to sink.
Aloha.

Last edited by Vatis1982; 05-30-17 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-30-17, 12:55 PM   #3039
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
End of discussion. Play ball yourself. You hate Muslims. It is your right of course.
You searching for a long debate. I don't have the time to argue with you. I gave you some links. You still have your opinion. It's again your right.
Find someone else to fight. I have some merchants to sink.
Aloha.
Translation: I still don't have an argument in this debate I initiated and now try to weasel my way out because I realize I am embarrassing myself.

OK.
Old 05-30-17, 02:08 PM   #3040
Vatis1982
Seaman

You really have problems.Grow up.
Old 05-30-17, 02:44 PM   #3041
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm starting to struggle just to keep up with this thread so can we all do me a favour and steer clear of name calling and insults please.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 03:02 PM   #3042
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
Jonathan Pie got it right:
I do not want to put a smilie here for obvious reasons.
But he really got it right. Thanks for posting.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-17, 04:39 PM   #3043
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
I accuse Muslims, on the base of their ideology, Islam, and what their holy book - which is infallible - commands them to do.
Deliver an argument why that is unreasonable, and we might find common ground for a debate.
I will try.

1. The Quran needs to be read in the context of what each Surah is addressing. A common mistake people make is pulling out an isolated passage, removing it from the Surah context and proclaiming that "since it is in the Quran, it must be followed." which is simply not true. The Quran must be read with respect to the context of each Surah. This is one of the reasons why passages in the Quran are often repeated in several different Surah but not repeated in others. This is to maintain the context.

The Quran also needs to be read in the original language. This is why I have three separate English translations of Quran at my desk at work and I need to consult all of them in order to take into account the differences in translations. Sometimes I wished I had four as there are times when none of the three agree when it comes to translation.

Simply put, if you are not reading the Quran in Arabic, you are not reading the Quran. Since the vast majority of Muslims do not read Arabic, there is the Hadith or the interpretations of the Quran.

2. It is very risky, even for Musims who read Arabic, to attempt to interpret the Quran without using the Hadith. The Hadith is the closest document to the Christian Bible and like bible consists of a recognized selection of testaments and interpretations of what is contained in the Quran.

Like the Bible, the Hadith has its Canon and its Apocrypha. There are Hadith that are not part of mainstream Islam. Some of these more obscure Hadith are used by the extremists to justify their motivations. Other Islamic scholars deny these obscure Hadith.

While there is a set of Hadith that is commonly accepted, not every subsect follows the exact same list of Hadith. Even if the same Hadith are recognized, they may be interpreted differently.

Where there is conflict in the wording or the context of either the Quran or the various Hadith, Islamic scholars use what is called ijtihad which is a scholarly set of interpretations from groups of respected Ulama or Islamic scholars. To a greater extent than with the Hadith, there is wide disagreement, even among Ulama on these scholarly interpretations.

And this is just the tip of the Islamic iceberg. The important points are

a. There is much more to Islam than the Quran
b. The Quran is not blindly and literally followed by any Muslim. So taking isolated quotes out of the Quran and claiming that all Muslims must follow these words (especially if they are in a non-Arabic language) is a sure sign that the person is not knowledgeable in Islam.
c. Not all Muslims believe the same things concerning Islam
d. Even respected Islamic Scholars have disagreements concerning Islam

I hope this helps. Islam and Islamic politics is a fascinating but complex study.
Old 05-30-17, 05:15 PM   #3044
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

here's more regarding the act of condemning 1.6 billion people (nobody ever wondered who those ppl are, right?)..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...ous_motivation

edit:
Even when most muslims, including women support sharia law it doesn't make them terrorists. This thread is a about terrorism and not about the question if Islam was a desirable religion or not..

http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/boo...eaks-for-islam
http://www.gallup.com/press/178991/i...existence.aspx

Last edited by ValoWay; 06-02-17 at 01:15 PM.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-17, 05:28 PM   #3045
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I will try.

1. The Quran needs to be read in the context of what each Surah is addressing. A common mistake people make is pulling out an isolated passage, removing it from the Surah context and proclaiming that "since it is in the Quran, it must be followed." which is simply not true. The Quran must be read with respect to the context of each Surah. This is one of the reasons why passages in the Quran are often repeated in several different Surah but not repeated in others. This is to maintain the context.

The Quran also needs to be read in the original language. This is why I have three separate English translations of Quran at my desk at work and I need to consult all of them in order to take into account the differences in translations. Sometimes I wished I had four as there are times when none of the three agree when it comes to translation.

Simply put, if you are not reading the Quran in Arabic, you are not reading the Quran. Since the vast majority of Muslims do not read Arabic, there is the Hadith or the interpretations of the Quran.

2. It is very risky, even for Musims who read Arabic, to attempt to interpret the Quran without using the Hadith. The Hadith is the closest document to the Christian Bible and like bible consists of a recognized selection of testaments and interpretations of what is contained in the Quran.

Like the Bible, the Hadith has its Canon and its Apocrypha. There are Hadith that are not part of mainstream Islam. Some of these more obscure Hadith are used by the extremists to justify their motivations. Other Islamic scholars deny these obscure Hadith.

While there is a set of Hadith that is commonly accepted, not every subsect follows the exact same list of Hadith. Even if the same Hadith are recognized, they may be interpreted differently.

Where there is conflict in the wording or the context of either the Quran or the various Hadith, Islamic scholars use what is called ijtihad which is a scholarly set of interpretations from groups of respected Ulama or Islamic scholars. To a greater extent than with the Hadith, there is wide disagreement, even among Ulama on these scholarly interpretations.

And this is just the tip of the Islamic iceberg. The important points are

a. There is much more to Islam than the Quran
b. The Quran is not blindly and literally followed by any Muslim. So taking isolated quotes out of the Quran and claiming that all Muslims must follow these words (especially if they are in a non-Arabic language) is a sure sign that the person is not knowledgeable in Islam.
c. Not all Muslims believe the same things concerning Islam
d. Even respected Islamic Scholars have disagreements concerning Islam

I hope this helps. Islam and Islamic politics is a fascinating but complex study.
Meine Fresse.

Hopeless.

Tags
terrorism