Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-20, 03:39 PM   #3016
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
No, i am sorry, i fear this came over too harsh, i just wanted to say that this Remdesivir is a kind of medicine that "accidentally" works, but it is not the cure, not the vaccine. If itf helps to get over the infection by whatever means it is of course well worth using.

Kinda like hydroxychloroquine?
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 03:45 PM   #3017
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Conspiracy warning.

A friend posted this on its wall with a laughing face.

Here it is...have a good laugh this Sunday evening.

Quote:
Many of those sharing the post are pushing a conspiracy theory falsely claiming that 5G - which is used in mobile phone networks and relies on signals carried by radio waves - is somehow responsible for coronavirus.
https://www.bbc.com/news/52168096

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 08:30 PM   #3018
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

No no, 5G does not have any bearing on Covid-19.

It does, however, like all other sources of radio and microwave transmissions, contribute to Radio Wave Madness.

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 12:06 AM   #3019
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Kinda like hydroxychloroquine?

Deleted to try and abide by the request to separate topics

Last edited by em2nought; 04-20-20 at 12:10 AM. Reason: self delete
em2nought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 04:45 AM   #3020
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Only read the article if you're of a strong disposition. It certainly brought a few tears to my eyes.

Quote:
Coronavirus: 'I'm the nurse who switches off the ventilator'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52345177

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 04:58 AM   #3021
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Germany starts to reopen smaller shops after deciding the outbreak is coming under control.

The Czech Republic allows some markets and other small businesses to restart.

The UK is to try to use the blood of survivors to treat patients.

Three beaches in Sydney re-open as New South Wales records just six new cases.

Despite falling cases, Australia still has strict "lockdown" rules.

New York's governor says cases there are "slowing, not growing"

The number of deaths in the US now exceeds 41,000

There are more than 2.4m infections worldwide, with more than 165,000 deaths.

Old 04-20-20, 05:04 AM   #3022
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-20-20, 05:23 AM   #3023
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Only read the article if you're of a strong disposition. It certainly brought a few tears to my eyes.

There are so tragic consequences of this Covid-19 crisis and I fear there will likely be many more; one aspect I have seen more of lately is family members having to say goodbye to their dying relative via cell phone because of the need to isolate patients, much as described in the link you posted; some have been moved to try to provide for those who will be separated from the dying:

California family fundraising to get phone chargers so COVID-19 patients don’t suffer alone --

https://www.wfla.com/community/healt...-suffer-alone/

What would be nice to see would be if those telecom companies, who make obscene profits off their users, would do something like donate phones to hospital for precisely the sort of situation in your link; at least they could donate the minutes t use for those sad farewells to lift any burden of cost for the hospitals, their staffs, and, importantly, those left behind by the passing of their loved ones...

I knew someone once who told me how her father, living on the other side of the country had a very sudden medical emergency, and was near immediate death and wanted to talk to her; there was no way she was going to be able to fly back in time before he was expected to pass; her father's doctor arranged for a phone headset for the father, who was too weakened to hold a phone and made a call to the daughter; the father and daughter had, as parents and children do, been quarreling up to that point, but that all went away in that final call; the father did have some family at his side, but the importance of that final call was all that mattered to him, that final resolution...

<O>
Old 04-20-20, 05:53 AM   #3024
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

When the people in Wuhan, China died they just cremated them with no funeral's allowed. Not even sure if the relatives knew their loved ones had passed away.

What about America? I heard that weddings are not allowed ,,, what about funeral's?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 05:54 AM   #3025
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
No no, 5G does not have any bearing on Covid-19.

It does, however, like all other sources of radio and microwave transmissions, contribute to Radio Wave Madness.

Both are airborne ... just different receivers
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 05:58 AM   #3026
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 30

Default Coronavirus is it China's Trojan Horse Secret Weapon

Coronavirus is it China's Trojan Horse Secret First Strike Weapon unseen invisible stealthy and deadly released and spread around the world changing the world order in one action making China the worlds only Economic and Military Super Power nocking America off top of the tree.
China's claim that the south China Sea is theirs by right going against the world wide agreement of free navigation of the Seas.
We have all seen the Chinese Navy growing in size and flexing their Military Muscle in the Area

Tanaka Memorial a Japanese strategic planning document from 1927 in which Prime Minister Baron Tanaka Giichi discribed a plan of Japanese Expansion of the entire Pacific including Australia.
Is China using the Tanaka Memorial as a Blue Print for there own Expansion ?.

Tanaka Memorial

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanaka_Memorial

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-20-20 at 06:31 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 06:09 AM   #3027
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Wuhan is home to the world's largest virological lab database, and I do not rule out that the virus has escaped from there. I linked to an according article already in mid-March or so. But that is as far as I am willing to take into account "alternative explanations". To assume they intentionally released the virus in a bid for global dominance, theoretically is possible (another thing i mentioned back then for the sake of completeness), but I do not take it serious, since it would represent the first strike in world war three, because deliberately destroying the economies of other states and killing hundreds of thousands, no doubt would be an act of war.

The Chinese politcal caste are corrupt and arrogant as a political and economic actor, they are totalitarian and untrustworthy, they are brutal and underhanded and unscrupulous, yes: but suicidal they are - most likely - not.
Old 04-20-20, 06:26 AM   #3028
vienna
Navy Seal

Re: hydroxychloroquine vs Remdesivir...

Much comparison is being made between the two drugs and arguments for the use of either for treatment of Covid-19 seem to want to equate hydroxychloroquine to Remdesivir in terms of 'Well, if you can use one, why can't you use the other?'; as with so many arguments, this is a case of apples and oranges...

Remdesivir (RDV) --

https://www.rxlist.com/consumer_remd...-condition.htm

New Gilead remdesivir COVID-19 data show up old problems with limited data
--

https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotec...sivir-covid-19

So with Remdesivir, we know it has been tested initially as a treatment for Ebola, that it has yet too receive FDA approval, and has shown a possible effectiveness against Covid-19 in an extremely small number of test cases; the drug also seems to have very few known side effects, with the most severe being the elevation of liver enzyme levels, an indicator of potential liver damage; the other noted effects include nausea and vomiting; Remdesivir also may have interaction issues when used with antibiotics...

As for hydroxychloroquine, some background may be in order first: the drug is one of several created over many, many years as an alternative and/or improvement on the original drug used to fight malaria, quinine; those of you who have the occasional gin and tonic are following along in a tradition where quinine was administered in tonic form and it was believed using the drug preventively as a mixer was a way of making the tonic palatable. A real big problem, and the reason why there are so many alternatives that have been created to quinine, is the long, varied, and potentially serious side effects and hazardous interactions with other medications when using quinine:

https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/quinine

https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/quinine

Variants of quinine were developed to diminish, if not eliminate, the problems with quinine, but the results have not really been much better; hydroxychloroquine has many of the same, and a few new, sideeffects and interactions as the original quinine:

Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects --

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/hydroxychl...e-effects.html

Hydroxychloroquine Drug Interactions --

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interacti...loroquine.html

Quote:

A total of 332 drugs are known to interact with hydroxychloroquine.
  • 59 major drug interactions
  • 268 moderate drug interactions
  • 5 minor drug interactions

In addition, patients with any of several preexisting conditions are not advised to be treated with hydroxychloroquine:

https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html

Quote:

Before taking this medicine

You should not use hydroxychloroquine if you are allergic to it.

Hydroxychloroquine should not be used for long-term treatment in children.

To make sure this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
  • a history of vision changes or damage to your retina caused by an anti-malaria medication;
  • heart disease, heart rhythm disorder (such as long QT syndrome);
  • diabetes;
  • a stomach disorder;
  • an allergy to quinine;
  • liver or kidney disease;
  • psoriasis;
  • alcoholism; or
  • a genetic enzyme disorder such as porphyria or glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency.
It is not known whether hydroxychloroquine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.

Hydroxychloroquine comes with such a long history of potential, serious problems and that is one reason doctors have been so reluctant to prescribe its use and do so only in the most extreme cases; it is not, by any means a 'silver bullet' and has the potential of doing much more harm than good...

That said, it should also be noted Remdesivir has relatively short history and given the lack of sufficient data and controlled and supervised testing regarding its actual efficacy and potential for harmful side effects or caveats in administering it to patients with preexisting conditions, it can be held to suspicion also...

..., and that being said, I would most likely take neither for Covid-19, but if I had to, I would lean toward Remdesivir, with fewer known effects and caveats rather than hydroxychloroquine, with its long history of bad side effects and caveats...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 04-20-20 at 07:50 AM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 06:41 AM   #3029
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
When the people in Wuhan, China died they just cremated them with no funeral's allowed. Not even sure if the relatives knew their loved ones had passed away.

What about America? I heard that weddings are not allowed ,,, what about funeral's?

That's the reason all those bodies are being buried temporarily in mass graves in New York; pending the outcome of the crisis, those bodies not claimed are buried and nor cremated out of hand, since doing so would potentially violate the cultural and/or religious concerns of the decedent's families/survivors; as for those who claim the bodies and wish to hold funerals, this article give a sample of the issues:

Funeral homes adjust as COVID-19 upends the business of death --

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/f...business-death

In some other countries, there has even been the practice of requiring the families to bury the bodies of loved ones on their own, digging the graves themselves...

<O>
Old 04-20-20, 07:16 AM   #3030
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan