Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-17, 08:12 AM   #286
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The description of a mental asylum that is one of the reasons why Trump now is there.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1125725.html

Much of what the article describes in examples, to me as a former ex-psychologist describes thin-skinned, psychotic narcissism of the likes that Trump displays on apparently every opportunity he can manage. Narcissism at the one end of the spectrum has created or brought to power narcissism at the other end of the spectrum. Both cannot like each other, but both owe so much to each other.

I stick to it, Trump's era will be most entertaining.

And a political disaster.

That his tendency for nepotism and corrupt family business now can no longer be seriously rejected, does not make it any better. On TV they said it is against American laws established after Kennedy that he sells his empire not to foreign actors, but to his own family. The position he appointed his son in law to as influential chief advisor also is dubious, to put it very mildly, and again they said he violates laws there.

Seems America managed to get its own Erdoghan, eh?
Old 01-14-17, 08:47 AM   #287
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Noone wanted a war - it was inevitable.
Old 01-14-17, 10:01 AM   #288
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

In last season's sitcom the plot was to delegitimize the presidency because of issues with a birth certificate. This seasons show its because Putin personally rigged the election. I must admit these are very good sitcoms, very entertaining and I do laugh. But that's not the real problem, the real problem is the fanboys that don't see it for what it is.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 01-14-17, 10:07 AM   #289
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

No I dont think we have our own Erdogan, just because a talkinghead said its illegal doesnt make what someone does illegal. If he wants to appoint a family member as an advisor and its done so within the scope of the law thats perfectly fine.

Old 01-14-17, 10:58 AM   #290
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
In last season's sitcom the plot was to delegitimize the presidency because of issues with a birth certificate. This seasons show its because Putin personally rigged the election. I must admit these are very good sitcoms, very entertaining and I do laugh. But that's not the real problem, the real problem is the fanboys that don't see it for what it is.

Winner!
Old 01-14-17, 11:12 AM   #291
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
No I dont think we have our own Erdogan, just because a talkinghead said its illegal doesnt make what someone does illegal. If he wants to appoint a family member as an advisor and its done so within the scope of the law thats perfectly fine.
And that is where the doubt is. The legality of apponting his son in law as advsior is in question. The illegality of just handing over his business not to neutral third parties, but members of his family and then tell the public: "I trust my sons. We will not talk about the businesses. They will not influence my presidency", is beyond doubt. It is illegal by you own laws, American law experts described on German TV already. There were according scandals in the poast that led to thge fcorming of said laws, the names to be mentioned are Kennedy, and I think Nixon.

And by all sane reason - it should be illegal indeed! Its pure nepotism, plain and simple.
Old 01-14-17, 11:12 AM   #292
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
But that's not the real problem, the real problem is the fanboys that don't see it for what it is.
That's telling it like it is ... if your a fan boy do you know it?

I admit I may have been one at one time or other, but now I feel ashamed and I will only report the truth ... the truth of what my gut feelings are that is

Keep up the good work RS

Here's one gut feeling Trump is a con artist and he is not patting Putin on the back he's trying to get into his back pocket.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-14-17, 11:35 AM   #293
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And that is where the doubt is. The legality of apponting his son in law as advsior is in question. The illegality of just handing over his business not to neutral third parties, but members of his family and then tell the public: "I trust my sons. We will not talk about the businesses. They will not influence my presidency", is beyond doubt. It is illegal by you own laws, American law experts described on German TV already. There were according scandals in the poast that led to thge fcorming of said laws, the names to be mentioned are Kennedy, and I think Nixon.

And by all sane reason - it should be illegal indeed! Its pure nepotism, plain and simple.
You should know the difference between morality and legality of something.

Because (apparently) it is (under the relevant US law) completely legal for him not to only keep the buisness but to keep running it during his presidency.
Old 01-14-17, 11:42 AM   #294
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Our definition of nepotism in this country is usually defined when a family member is shown favoritism and or is unfairly appointed or selected over another more qualified person for a job or position in the company or government.

If Trump can show that his son inlaw is the best person for the job and is appointed within the confines of the law then it is for me a non issue. I trust those people whose job it is to ensure our government functions within the scope of the law will do their job. I also trust the President elect will abide by those laws as well.

Old 01-14-17, 12:18 PM   #295
Skybird
Soaring

Trust is kind - control is better. Thats the difference between hear-say and hoping for the best, and laws. Thats why courts decide not on the ground of assumptions and beliefs, but laws and evidence. Where they decide on the grounds of the first, we call it arbitrary justice.

Thats what rules are for in general. To let a state of persuasion not even emerge, so that nobody gets the chance to abuse a situation.

Trump opened the door to abuse wide open by giving his business to his family. And as I understand, it is a violation of according laws that you already have in place in the US - right to prevent this.

Or do you think Trump should have the right to follow those laws that opportunistically meet his intentions, and should have the right to violate those laws that he does not like?

A word - especially the word of carricature of a man like Trump - should not be enough to replace laws and legal rules. Because people lie. Everybody lies at times. Everybody.

Take me by my words, Rockstar: Americans will regret it in the future if they let him get away with this. In some years you will learn unpleasant truths about abuse and acts of nepotism. That is as certain as day follows night follows day.
Old 01-14-17, 12:58 PM   #296
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Dude there's nothing a little Traffic and my Hindu friend Bubba Kush cant take care of, try some.

Old 01-14-17, 01:23 PM   #297
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Currently on 6 Goldman Sachs appointees, so that whole swamp thing is going well. Good thing that Trump isn't going to say anything that'll...

Quote:
Was there another loan that Ted Cruz FORGOT to file. Goldman Sachs owns him, he will do anything they demand. Not much of a reformer!
Never mind.
Old 01-14-17, 02:01 PM   #298
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

If we let Trump get away with what? What exactley has Trump done that would lead me to believe he is getting away with anything? As far as I know he hasnt broken one law regarding his appointments or his business dealings. Though Id wager there is a whole battalion digging deep in his past for it such things. But so far all I hear from are the usual suspects, fanboys and experts on TV and the worldwide web trying to make a buck peddling their brand of facts.

Im certain of one thing, if he or anyone tried to strongarm his way in and set up camp like Erdogan has. We'd have us an old fashioned uprisin'. But as it stands our government is stable, strong, it can and does prevent such from happeneing. Our government might be too at times short sighted, slow and dimwitted but there is not place on this planet Id rather be and defend.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-14-17 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-14-17, 02:28 PM   #299
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

It doesn't really matter which side won if the other side wants the side that won to go down in flames.

Now it's Hillary and the DNC against Donald Trump POTUS elect and the GOP, but it could have been the other way around.

Aren't we lucky we don't have to hear about those darn emails anymore?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-14-17, 02:34 PM   #300
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
If we let Trump get away with what?
The comb-over

Tags