SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-23, 09:09 PM   #286
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

AFRICA REACTS TO HOW THE TERRORIST NATO FORCEFULLY STOPPED AFRICA LEADERS FROM SAVING GHADDAFI

Old 08-05-23, 04:04 AM   #287
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

BBC's check of the state of things. The tide is slowy turning against Ukraine. This is due to the lack of determination of the West to inflict a crushing defeat on the Russians at the beginning of the war by unlimited arms deliveries (firepower AND range), excused by stupid verbiage about not provoking the Russians, and nuclear war, and loss of face, and so on... . A quick defeat of Russia would have been a prerequisite, and thus the only chance for a Ukrainian victory, and for this corresponding firepower would have been necessary, which the West, however, refused. Now the Russians have Ukraine where they wanted it: in a war of attrition, and there the long-term trump cards, military as well as political and psychological, lie with Russia.

We, the West, have screwed up. Once again. And the Ukrainians are paying for our stupidity - or, in other words, "boiling the frog" - with their blood.

I said it so often, either you wage war or you don't. Either you get fully engaged, or not engaged at all. Either you put your heart into it, or you must not bother to even raise from bed. Of the essdence owudl have been to avoid a ppositional war of attritiopn AT ALL COSTS. An early all-in decision had to be enforced AT ALL COST. Now we are in the long game, and I dont see us winning it. Public psychology of the masses also works strogner and stronger against success.

I mark Scholz with major responsibility of this, how much I dispise this bláse, resonsibility-evading incompetent king of Brownies. Also Biden, this bloiling of the frig idea form beginning on did not ai m at securing Ukrianian victory, but to maximise damages for Russia (which in itself I am okay with), not caring for what this means for Ukraine. I am quite sure that if we would have acted with swift, undivided detmerination and went in, Russia would pulled back. But opportunistic politicians, and swift, undivided determination! Rather you make a cactus talk.

This Western behavior violates everything I learned about fighting and attitude in martial arts. It violates just EVERYTHING.

I see Ukraine's chances now at under 20:80, slowly, creepingly dropping further. But hey, maybe the Russians start making mistakes. I just dont believe it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66383377

Quote:
Ultimately, time is not on Ukraine's side.

By autumn, the rainy season will have arrived, turning unpaved roads into mud and making further advances difficult, if not impossible.

By the time that ends, in the spring, the US presidential election cycle will be under way.

If Ukraine cannot show any decisive gains on the battlefield by then, it is far from certain that US and Nato support will continue at their current high levels.

For Kyiv, the clock is ticking. Meanwhile Russia simply has to hang on to the territory it has illegally seized.
Yep. Actually, it has to do pretty much nothing, just hang on to it.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-05-23 at 04:15 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 04:34 AM   #288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 05:17 AM   #289
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Who of these two(Dargo and Skybird) are most correct ? Well only times will tell.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 05:19 AM   #290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-05-23, 06:31 AM   #291
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
It was only hours ago when I mentioned that if Ukraine would target Russian shipping lanes that it would severely compromise Russian trade and supply lines and suddenly it happens.

From a strategic point of view the Russian Sig oil tanker is the most ideal target. An attack against this Russian tanker is covered by the rules of engagement since oil is used by the military. It will also deter many other oil tankers from going or leaving Russian ports, citing security issues and eventually compromise Russia’s most valuable money flow: oil trade.

Instead of giving in to Russian blackmail regarding the grain deal, Ukraine does the exact right decision in not to give in but targeting the Russian oil trade instead.

This is exactly how to respond to Russian threats and blackmail. Do not negotiate, do not allow yourself getting into a defensive position but strike back, even double as hard as necessary to make sure that it delivers the intended pain for Russia and then see what happens. You can be absolutely certain that Moscow will understand this message and will offer a “good-will” gesture.
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1687640372703641600

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 06:38 AM   #292
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Moscow will understand this message and will offer a “good-will” gesture.
Yeh like that's going to happen!!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-23, 06:41 AM   #293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yeh like that's going to happen!!!
Oh ye of little faith

Old 08-05-23, 06:51 AM   #294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm not sure how this will work without the Orcs in attendance but it might still be worth a try.

Quote:
China on Friday said it would send a senior official to Saudi Arabia for weekend talks on finding a peaceful settlement to the war in Ukraine, a forum that excludes Russia, in a diplomatic coup for Kyiv, the West and the Saudi hosts.

Ukrainian and Western diplomats hope the meeting in Jeddah of national security advisers and other senior officials from some 40 countries will agree on key principles for a future peace settlement to end Russia's war in Ukraine.

Chinese Special Envoy for Eurasian Affairs Li Hui will visit Jeddah for the talks, China's foreign ministry said on Friday.

"China is willing to work with the international community to continue to play a constructive role in promoting a political solution to the crisis in Ukraine," Wang Wenbin, a spokesperson at the Chinese ministry, said in a statement.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...92d31067&ei=12

Old 08-05-23, 09:10 AM   #295
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

In eastern Ukraine, Russian troops have taken control of the village of Novoselivske near the city of Kupyansk in the Luhansk region, according to their own information. This is reported by the Guardian with reference to the news agencies Reuters and AFP. Earlier on Friday, Ukrainian Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maljar said that the number of Russian attacks in the east had increased. "Heavy fighting is taking place," Maljar said. She added that Russia's goal there was "to regain the territories lost last fall."

[Frankfurter Rundschau]
Old 08-05-23, 10:58 AM   #296
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-05-23, 11:37 AM   #297
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Ukrainian F-16 training impeded by language barrier

Only eight out of 32 pilots had sufficient English to take part in the instruction program, the outlet reported!

https://www.rt.com/news/580864-f16-t...guage-barrier/
Old 08-05-23, 11:38 AM   #298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-05-23, 11:53 AM   #299
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Moscow issues update on estimated Ukrainian casualties during counteroffensive

Ukraine sustained losses of more than 43,000 troops during June and July, as it continued its attempted counteroffensive against Russian positions, the Russian Defense Ministry has estimated.

The casualty rate was mirrored by the destruction of a large number of Ukrainian weapons, according to the summary, which was released on Friday.

Over 4,900 pieces of heavy weaponry were destroyed over the same period of time, 25 German-made Leopard main battle tanks, seven French-made AMX-10 RC ‘wheeled tanks’ and 21 US-made Bradley infantry fighting vehicles, the report states.

The Ukrainian losses include 747 artillery guns and mortars, including dozens that it got from the US, Poland, France and Germany, the ministry added. The updates are part of regular briefings by Moscow on the frontline situation.

https://www.rt.com/russia/580823-ukr...ve-casualties/
Old 08-05-23, 11:59 AM   #300
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat