SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-23, 01:31 PM   #16
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Note!!! IF the files have been messed with in anyway from original GWX 3 files?
The addresses above will not be correct.

That I class as NMFP!
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-23, 01:38 PM   #17
Hebe Vollmaus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Again thanks for the info!

The interested reader here may already know, but it should be noted that the SHD-node may have a material connected. This may also deleted if it is not otherwise related also to something else. I think this would be relevant for some automatic Deletion.
For such Delete-process i think it is not possible to use a sort of "Mouse-klick - Push-Button" tool what can be found on Internet.
To telecommand S3D it is needed to know what S3D will show after a <STRG-F> + <DEL> Command. Since sometimes there are two SHD-Controllers after another. The tool should be able to read-out this info and react accordingly.

AutoIt is a thing i have never used, so cant tell anything about.

The Deutschland is an example what i call a Zero-sized 3D-object, from what i think all of you already have it on Harddisk. The Node from posted iD in S3D is 161. Below 162 "NBC_Dtland_cabluri02". Hex File position 0x4CEA2A. The iD posted can be found over the Function "Edit/Find..." in S3D. It is the real iD reversed plus 0x in front of.
My private tool is ready to find this, but the whole thing is not qualified for the public yet (maybe never - lets see).

My "Crash"-Ship may be unknown/no longer used today. It was the "Fast Transport" NTR3, made out of the TroopShip TR (NTR), with a second funnel added and some Lifeboats removed. Not really removed but "Zeroit" out.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-23, 01:50 PM   #18
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Most of the things that need deleted as you've pointed out?
I've talked about years ago. I don't think the ship builders now days put that trash in. At least I hope not!

S3D can not be Autoit run to find and delete the stuff. Sadly it does not have the ability to be run that way. Trust me! I know!

A stand alone program could be done to scan and remove trash with a single pass of ALL files in a given folder and all sub folders.

I have a few scripts for 010 that do things like that but never wrote a full Trash remover script. Problem is not everyone will buy 010 so why bother?
Old 11-22-23, 06:50 PM   #19
Hebe Vollmaus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Nov 2018, 8 pages
"Shall we talk about file sizes in mods"
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sh...d.php?t=239249
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-23, 01:29 PM   #20
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Good spotting Mate!

If you check new Units by Vondos and others? You can clearly see they paid attention to that thread.

It's only old Units built LONG ago that suffer the problems of zero 3D models and so on.

I wish We had known all that stuff back years before that thread!

As to just the size of files on disk? I hate that S3D pounds his header stuff into the Units.