SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-08, 03:25 AM   #16
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Im sorry to have to report tomi_099 that even the merchants can see you at periscope depth at a range of 2600metres (and this was in 1940)
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 03:58 AM   #17
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

I have placed your turm on diffrent subs and they all become visable at periscope depth i even reset periscope depth to 14 and 15 metres but still the same
Old 05-26-08, 05:18 AM   #18
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Default Detectable at periscope depth

i am not the first to find these problems then i found these postings in your Eye candy thread .

there is a bad news!
Try to use your boat to play the single mission U505. you will find that the DDs can detect you even you are full stop the motor and submerdged.if you are @ periscope depth they will directly fire @ you by thier guns. I think that's because tall antenna you added on the conning tower.
I recently also make a small MOD to detailed the Jumping wire of 7c3 conning tower (just detailed the jumping wire nothing else get touched)and also find the similar problem but a little better than that of yours, that the DD will not directly fire @ u by their guns when you are @ periscope depth. But still seems the DD can easly detect you(the noise meter keeps red all the time even you dive below 260 meter and keep @ 2 knots) .
I do the same test for the stock 7C3 conning tower. Just after the game begins the noise meter keeps in red in about 10+ seconds after the closest DD pass you by the noise meter turn back to green.

Hi All,
As what I have stated, I divided this test into 3 cells - Tomi's 7c3, My 7C3 and stock 7C3. test each cell 3 times. same result as I mentioned on each time. Only the stock 7C3 can successfully hide @ periscope depth in silent run mode without being detected by the DDs. Do not test IXC yet. It seems that even the small touch to the 3d data file can affect the the detectable charactor.

these problems where reported by Schnorchel on the 25.3.2008 :hmm: ......is there a fix i hope so or else you wont live long in the game using this sub. I placed your turm on a IXC.40 and yes they can still see you .P.s is everyone else just sailing around looking at the sub and not attacking anything???.:rotfl:
Old 05-26-08, 05:38 AM   #19
Venatore
Admiral

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1957
i am not the first to find these problems then i found these postings in your Eye candy thread .

there is a bad news!
Try to use your boat to play the single mission U505. you will find that the DDs can detect you even you are full stop the motor and submerdged.if you are @ periscope depth they will directly fire @ you by thier guns. I think that's because tall antenna you added on the conning tower.
I recently also make a small MOD to detailed the Jumping wire of 7c3 conning tower (just detailed the jumping wire nothing else get touched)and also find the similar problem but a little better than that of yours, that the DD will not directly fire @ u by their guns when you are @ periscope depth. But still seems the DD can easly detect you(the noise meter keeps red all the time even you dive below 260 meter and keep @ 2 knots) .
I do the same test for the stock 7C3 conning tower. Just after the game begins the noise meter keeps in red in about 10+ seconds after the closest DD pass you by the noise meter turn back to green.

Hi All,
As what I have stated, I divided this test into 3 cells - Tomi's 7c3, My 7C3 and stock 7C3. test each cell 3 times. same result as I mentioned on each time. Only the stock 7C3 can successfully hide @ periscope depth in silent run mode without being detected by the DDs. Do not test IXC yet. It seems that even the small touch to the 3d data file can affect the the detectable charactor.

these problems where reported by Schnorchel on the 25.3.2008 :hmm: ......is there a fix i hope so or else you wont live long in the game using this sub. I placed your turm on a IXC.40 and yes they can still see you .P.s is everyone else just sailing around looking at the sub and not attacking anything???.:rotfl:
Bump
Venatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 06:07 AM   #20
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426

Quote:
I have placed your turm on diffrent subs and they all become visable at periscope depth i even reset periscope depth to 14 and 15 metres but still the same
---------------------
And with other towers it is the same suppl.-smooth-eats, or is it the new attitude of GWX. Where could the cause be??:hmm:

How can we change that??
Old 05-26-08, 06:19 AM   #21
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
;)

Cheers, zemljace!! :rotfl:

Gute arbeit!
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 06:58 AM   #22
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

i placed your turm on a stock/GWX VIIC/42 submarine and they still see you so i think it is something to do with the turm:hmm:
Old 05-26-08, 07:18 AM   #23
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Oi, Tomi!

Tested your cool Sub: And here a few things!

You are already aware of the Tower Problem!
No problems with other Towers whatsoever! :hmm:
I really wish i could help you there!

And I found out that if one uses your Waterstream for VIIC/41
(Tomi's VIIC/41 water stream ready)
That it adds a cool waterstream to the Sub, but also messes up the smoke of any other ship!

I tested it quite a few times!

With your waterstream I get this!

Dunno if other people get this too!

As soon as I disable this mod and use the Sub only, the problem is no more!:hmm:
Must be Materials.Dat related!?

Cheers!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 07:46 AM   #24
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale
Oi, Tomi!

Tested your cool Sub: And here a few things!

You are already aware of the Tower Problem!
No problems with other Towers whatsoever! :hmm:
I really wish i could help you there!

And I found out that if one uses your Waterstream for VIIC/41
(Tomi's VIIC/41 water stream ready)
That it adds a cool waterstream to the Sub, but also messes up the smoke of any other ship!

I tested it quite a few times!

With your waterstream I get this!

Dunno if other people get this too!

As soon as I disable this mod and use the Sub only, the problem is no more!:hmm:
Must be Materials.Dat related!?

Cheers!

Probably the ships have the same Perent ID as my Waterstrim.
Around to avoid you only the Perent ID (the last number to change) must changing, and with all Waterstrim positions.
Old 05-26-08, 09:55 AM   #25
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Cant test anymore because the sub will no longer work with the game just crashes back to the desktop now Silent Hunter has stopped working ...

i can Manually enter the turm into the objects folder it works but the same problems arise I.E can be seen at periscope depth.
but i cant get the rest of the sub to work at all manually entering it in or by mod:hmm: Oh well better re-install just in case i mess up............nope its the same
Old 05-26-08, 02:09 PM   #26
lutzow
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 103

Hell and blood...
Tomi - i salute you

Sad that in career we have VIIC/41 near at end of the war...

http://hosted.filefront.com/Lutzow1
lutzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-08, 05:24 PM   #27
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Amazing work tomi congradz.
Old 05-26-08, 09:09 PM   #28
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Quote:
Cant test anymore because the sub will no longer work with the game just crashes back to the desktop now Silent Hunter has stopped working ...

i can Manually enter the turm into the objects folder it works but the same problems arise I.E can be seen at periscope depth.
but i cant get the rest of the sub to work at all manually entering it in or by mod:hmm: Oh well better re-install just in case i mess up............nope its the same

O.K I does for you a compromise!!
I have done variante for GWX2.0 which I have not published, however,
there in this moment GWX 2.1 has come out.
I published this variante for you to morrow . I fear only this the same problem is.:hmm:

I whod control this object tomorrow for misstake ( problem ).
Tomorrow I would like to check this whether some poligone beyond the Bounderibox are.
Old 05-27-08, 03:49 AM   #29
Butzis
Loader

Downloads: 13

Hallo Komandant Tomi099, seheeeeeeer schoen !
Vielen Dank . Muchas gracias.
Bis bald y buena caza, gute Jagd !
Old 05-27-08, 03:06 PM   #30
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Quote:

.................................................. ......
[U]SORRY !!! SORRY SORRY !!![/U]

I thank you for your perseverance Phoenix1957.
Excuses I the error found and available you today still another new version to make.
It truely as I it assumed.
A small invisible point outside of the boundery box found,
which discover an immediate that of submarine .
Sorry !! for apology.

PLEASE STOP THE DOWNLOAD I geven you a NEW Version V21 ... Wait a little bit !!!! ( SORRY )

Last edited by Tomi_099; 05-27-08 at 03:17 PM.
Tomi_099 is offline   Reply With Quote