SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-08, 07:00 PM   #16
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170
Uploads: 0

Thanks for skinning the Tirpitz, she's my favorite.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 09:38 PM   #17
Mast
XO

Downloads: 49
Those are awesome skins, thanks for the heads-up on these.

I can't remember the name of that old game going back many years ago where you commanded the Bismarck. There were quite a few battleships you could command but my favorite was the Bismarck. I would like to see a game come out like that again but with the graphics we have today. Mmm...to command the Bismarck or Tirpitz or even the Scharnhorst/Gneisenau.

Mast
Mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 11:53 PM   #18
mcf1
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 10

yeah that
thanks man
mcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 06:22 PM   #19
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25
Installation

For those rookies who want to know how to add these to the game.

Make a folder located in Silent Hunter 3/MODS/ directory and call it something like this, Multiskin-Bismark-Tirpitz
Then open it and make another folder called data,
Yes again make another folder called Sea,
heheehe last folder you have to make for each ship called, NBB_Bismark and NBB_Tirpitz.

Copy all data in the mod zip file to the newly named folders according to the named ships.

After that you can enable it in your JSGME... Presto ready to go.

You can see in the museum amazing skin Gerome did.

Thanks A6 for this.

I don't know if this is compatible with any mega mod? There isn't a readme. I've tried it with GWX 2.1 and it seems to work?:hmm:
Old 05-08-08, 11:05 PM   #20
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehunter
For those rookies who want to know how to add these to the game.

Make a folder located in Silent Hunter 3/MODS/ directory and call it something like this, Multiskin-Bismark-Tirpitz
Then open it and make another folder called data,
Yes again make another folder called Sea,
heheehe last folder you have to make for each ship called, NBB_Bismark and NBB_Tirpitz.

Copy all data in the mod zip file to the newly named folders according to the named ships.

After that you can enable it in your JSGME... Presto ready to go.

You can see in the museum amazing skin Gerome did.

Thanks A6 for this.

I don't know if this is compatible with any mega mod? There isn't a readme. I've tried it with GWX 2.1 and it seems to work?:hmm:
I run it with GWX 2.1, LSH3. I have not had any Problems until now.
See the Bismarck in LSH3:

Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 01:24 AM   #21
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Ya I saw it in the game. I don't know if any values are modifed due to GWX tweaking stuff. BUT I can't resist Gerome's quality work.. Its a sacrafice I'm willing to accept...
Old 06-12-08, 12:14 AM   #22
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi all,
these are quick questions for gerome, or anyone that knows tbh.

I've added these awesome skins to my stock SH3 with 1.4b but i noticed that the renown for sinking them is 1700 points. Does this mean they were intended for GWX?

And if i put a -1700 instead (since i'm supposed to be German lol) will it chuck up an error?

I'm afraid i also nicked the rar's for the Devonshire, Suffolk, Cumberland and Norfolk, which are obviously new ships to add to my game (more targets ) but theres no readme with those either.

Since they're classed as CA's, and theres a CAHipper class in the EnglishNames folder, do i need to add the lines

CASuffolk= Light Cruiser Suffolk

?

cos they're different weights to the Hipper, which is classed as an AuxCruiser.

Hipper's 19000 tons and these ones are 13300.

They're all unit type 7 tho, so i'm not sure if the game will manage ok with different weight and size ships of the same unit type.

I suspect the above entry, if i put it in the EnglishNames folder, wouldn't roster the other ships into the game, unless i repeated the entry for each different ship name, or would it?

Finally, theres other ships in the data/roster folder for these ships that i don't have folders for, ie: the Dorsetshire, Sussex, Berwick, London, and Cornwall.

Where can i get them please?

Wicked skin btw, i've played the Bismark single mission a few times, and despite the fact it's getting pummelled it still looks like a thing of beauty now

Great work dude

Last edited by roadhogg; 06-12-08 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-12-08, 05:11 AM   #23
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh well, just spent most of last night reloading the game and mods, and when i got to the Norfolk and put the folder in JSGME it over wrote my EnglishNames file so it contained only the entry:

CANorfolk=Heavy Cruiser Norfolk

and nowt else lol.

So reloaded everything again (and copied EnglishNames to a safe place), and it did it again.

The folder it creates in SH3/data/sea is called NCB_Norfolk, but the folders for Suffolk, Devonshire and Cumberland are NCA folders, and the ships are the same size/weight, and class according to the classnames entry for each in that folder.

But the Roster folder states the class name as CBNorfolk

So i ended up adding CA lines in EnglisNames for each one like the line above, ie:

CANorfolk=Heavy Cruiser Norfolk
CASuffolk=Heavy Cruiser SUffolk

etc.

Just remains to be seen if they ever appear.

Anyone that loads the Norfolk in to SH3 with 1.4b would be well advised to make a copy of the EnglishNames file first so it don't get wiped out when it's activated through JSGME

Sure i didn't add it to the game wrong second time around so praps it's a small glitch in the descriptions and EnglishNames mod file.

Last edited by roadhogg; 06-12-08 at 05:38 AM.
Old 06-12-08, 02:32 PM   #24
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

That happened to me,had to get a copy of englishnames.file from BBW thankfullysadly since it happened my real shipnames in SH3Cmdr have never worked sincereally pi$$ed off about that as can't seem to find a way to fix it
Old 06-12-08, 05:50 PM   #25
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi nikbear,
sorry to hear it messed things up for you too, but i did at least find a way to fix the errors.

I've wiped out most of this message, that was written earlier, because having compared the names in this mod with others already in the game, and those that i've added, i think i wrote a pile of tosh.

Ever so sorry.

It looks like the cause of the CTD was down to the entry in the EnglishNames.CFG file, which says:

CANorfolk=Heavy Cruiser Norfolk.

You have to copy, or add manually, that entry from the EnglishNames.CFG that comes with the mod, then delete the afformentioned CFG file to stop it overwriting the one in SH3/data/sea, (the original).

When you add that entry to the original EnglishNames file, change it to

CBNorfolk=Heavy Cruiser Norfolk

Job done.

It was just that one little typo error in the EnglishNames entry that was causing my CTD, and may well be the cause of your problem as well.

Last edited by roadhogg; 06-15-08 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-15-08, 09:16 AM   #26
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Above message corrected from it's original content, after experimentation.
Old 10-27-08, 11:02 PM   #27
Commander Gizmo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 4

These are some great looking skins. I don't see them in the linked folder anymore though. Are these already in GWX 2.1? I have not yet encountered the Bismark. Anyone feel like upping them for us all?
Commander Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-08, 12:27 AM   #28
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Gizmo
These are some great looking skins. I don't see them in the linked folder anymore though. Are these already in GWX 2.1? I have not yet encountered the Bismark. Anyone feel like upping them for us all?

I will upload them today in the evening. FileFront seems to be down at the moment. Stay tuned and have a look on my File Front page.

Kind regards
Old 10-28-08, 01:00 AM   #29
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder
I will upload them today in the evening. FileFront seems to be down at the moment. Stay tuned and have a look on my File Front page.

Kind regards
Thanks much appreciated.
Old 10-28-08, 12:41 PM   #30
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6Intruder

Kind regards
Thanks much appreciated.
You are welcome. Its on my page now. Have fun and a "thank you" for Gerome!
Kind regards