SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-10, 03:47 PM   #2911
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

That's awesome, but I'd suggest this one instead:

http://www.ordre-des-neos-templier.f...S/gisement.rar

Far more useful and detailed.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 04:59 PM   #2912
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Bearing plotter on other than last two zoom levels anyone?? Yes, with some clever thinking and even more clever scripting I've made a bearing plotter available at ALL zoom levels (but it's not needed at the last two currently - but editing the of the ship file can take away the stock bearing plotter so that this one can be used at all times). Currently it doesn't rotate to keep in sync with sub's heading but that's an easy fix. I just wanted to see if it could even be done.
Wow this is good news. I luv ya man, is that a bud lite sitting over there?

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 05:00 PM   #2913
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Bearing plotter on other than last two zoom levels anyone?? Yes, with some clever thinking and even more clever scripting I've made a bearing plotter available at ALL zoom levels (but it's not needed at the last two currently - but editing the of the ship file can take away the stock bearing plotter so that this one can be used at all times). Currently it doesn't rotate to keep in sync with sub's heading but that's an easy fix. I just wanted to see if it could even be done.

Beat me to it, I had been messing about trying to get a bmp control to follow the sub using scripting as well using CenterMapOnSub() and object snap, but only managed errors so far. Well done TDW .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 05:21 PM   #2914
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Log file for the ship's journal and editor.

Problem solved.

It's to do with the regional settings. The way the date is displayed (i'm guessing).

NZ = 8/06/2010 and Tuesday, 8 June 2010
notice its (day/month/year)
US = 6/8/2010 and Tuesday, June 08, 2010
notice its (month/day/year)

I had the setting set to English (New Zealand). Changed it to English (United States) and now my files load into the editor.

I'll have to test ingame. dont have time right now. but would think it would load fine. I'll confirm tomorrow.

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Now i just gotta get used to seeing the date displayed wrong.
what did you Changed it to English How
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 06:45 PM   #2915
TheBeast
The Old Man

Default [REQ] Aim Reticule Night Filter

I have the Night Filters enabled "NightFiltersEnabled = True" in the options file and noticed there are no Periscope or UZO night filters for the aiming reticules.
Would it be possible to get night filters for these views changing the day time black lines to green during the night so they are visible at night?

Old 06-08-10, 07:49 PM   #2916
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
I have the Night Filters enabled "NightFiltersEnabled = True" in the options file and noticed there are no Periscope or UZO night filters for the aiming reticules.
Would it be possible to get night filters for these views changing the day time black lines to green during the night so they are visible at night?
The "night filter" is only a red tint to the Nav Map, nothing else.

Old 06-08-10, 08:21 PM   #2917
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
The "night filter" is only a red tint to the Nav Map, nothing else.
OK but it would be very cool if the Aiming Reticule was linked to the night filter some how. On Dark nights, I have hard time just finding the horizon let alone finding a target in my scope. A reticule visable at night would be nice.

Old 06-08-10, 11:22 PM   #2918
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
what did you Changed it to English How
click [start],
click [control panel],
click [date,time,language, and regional settings],
click [regional and language],
click the drop down menu, and choose the regional setting, In this case [English (United States)].

Old 06-08-10, 11:51 PM   #2919
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
OK but it would be very cool if the Aiming Reticule was linked to the night filter some how. On Dark nights, I have hard time just finding the horizon let alone finding a target in my scope. A reticule visable at night would be nice.
it would be very cool if the whole UI is filterable with a press of a button, switching to red light, together with all or parts of the red lights in the sub. These auto switching is unreal, but maybe usefull if tc is in use.

i would also like a "non auto activating UI if switching to external view" example, if i deactivated the UI to have a clear view using "NUM+Del" and press "F2" to go to external view, the UI switches back on automaicaly. Also good would be a "automatic switching UI to OFF if i hit "F2"

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 12:37 AM   #2920
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Thats the way I do it in my Mod, the only problem is you can link it to a certain time, but depending on zone time of year etc. It can be dark outside but the time has not been reached - therefore the graticules stay black and visa vers.
Unlees we could find the trigger for lumins as the stock graticules seem to be done it will be hard to control due to hardcoding .
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 01:08 AM   #2921
TheBeast
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Thats the way I do it in my Mod, the only problem is you can link it to a certain time, but depending on zone time of year etc. It can be dark outside but the time has not been reached - therefore the graticules stay black and visa vers.
Unlees we could find the trigger for lumins as the stock graticules seem to be done it will be hard to control due to hardcoding .
Can you have a button to manually engage the night filter?

Old 06-09-10, 01:23 AM   #2922
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

the zoom out and zoom in buttons on the bottom right of the TAI are going to disappear now. In their place will be another button like the keep sub centered one that will control the visibility of the new bearing plotter.
I got it rotating with the sub, following the sub, working just like it should. You can zoom in/out and it doesn't move or change size - it just stays centered on the sub. You can move the sub 'offscreen' on the TAI map and the bearing plotter will follow BUT only be rendered inside the TAI (no spillage outside of the TAI ) You can resize the map manually via mouse or via tab key and it still stays locked onto the center of the sub.
You can use the toggle that hides the depth bar thus making the TAI slide over to the left and it doesn't phase the bearing plotter one bit - just stays centered on the sub. Have to test the other UI modes to ensure I didn't miss anything
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 01:43 AM   #2923
kylania
Silent Hunter

Does it scale with the map scale, so if the bearing overlay is 1000m it's properly scaled at whatever level you're at?

Also, if not, does this new function override the normal bearing overlay function displaying at the lowest two levels?

Because, the overlay shown in that sceenshot above is of no use to me, it's too small and imprecise. If I'm trying to track something using the overlay I need it to be precise, I can't quickly draw a line at 52 degrees with that one. I also can't quickly tell if a plotted path will cross my position at 800m or whatever, as i can with a detailed overlay. Something like this:

Old 06-09-10, 01:49 AM   #2924
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Does it scale with the map scale, so if the bearing overlay is 1000m it's properly scaled at whatever level you're at?

Also, if not, does this new function override the normal bearing overlay function displaying at the lowest two levels?

Because, the overlay shown in that sceenshot above is of no use to me, it's too small and imprecise. If I'm trying to track something using the overlay I need it to be precise, I can't quickly draw a line at 52 degrees with that one. I also can't quickly tell if a plotted path will cross my position at 800m or whatever, as i can with a detailed overlay. Something like this:

right now I just have it enabled on the TAI map. If you zoom all the way in on the TAI map you don't get the stock bearing overlay - that only appears in the nav map.
Currently it doesn't scale - it's a fixed size but I'm sure I can find a way to scale it correctly with zoom level (may not be in v3.0.0 though). I have to add it to the nav map next.
It doesn't replace the stock bearing overlay on the nav map - this is an entirely new bearing overlay. What will need to be done is each ship's file that has this stock bearing overlay will need to be reworked to remove it so it doesn't render the stock one anymore.

why are you using such an old version of the mod? That screenshot shows a very old version of the mod.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-10, 02:24 AM   #2925
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
click [start],
click [control panel],
click [date,time,language, and regional settings],
click [regional and language],
click the drop down menu, and choose the regional setting, In this case [English (United States)].

well done
dem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui