SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-11, 06:28 AM   #2896
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Apparently Filefront, is now known is Gamefront.

Update and PDF that goes with it are up. See first post. Hopefully Gamefront doesn't screw the pooch.

This patch has been officially punted into the "Phucket Bucket". I'm going to bed.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 06:33 AM   #2897
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3232
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

Update and PDF that goes with it are up. See first post. Hopefully Gamefront doesn't screw the pooch.

This patch has been officially punted into the "Phucket Bucket". I'm going to bed.
Many thanks, Ducimus!

Dowloading now...

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 08:17 AM   #2898
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Thanks Ducimus! I was only a couple days into a new campaign, so it's no long wait to finish a carreer this time.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 12:58 PM   #2899
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Default about armor

how can you fixed a destroyed bulkhead? i keep try the damage but nothing happened
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 04:22 PM   #2900
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
how can you fixed a destroyed bulkhead? i keep try the damage but nothing happened
Can't fix destroyed items without a special ability. Without 1.5 and a engineer capable of repairing destroyed items, your gonna be sailing with a big hole in the boat.
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 08:14 PM   #2901
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

know if tater's IJN radar fix will work with TMO 2.1?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-11, 11:20 PM   #2902
Diablo2
Mate

Downloads: 85

Quote:

Thanks for all your hard work, youre mod is what keeps me playing sh4.
Now if CapAmerica or someone would finish/do a full interior mod id have a reason to scrub sh5 and all its problems off my hd.
Diablo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 02:34 AM   #2903
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey Ducimus, just wanted to jump in and give a word of thanks for the new update!

So having said that, thank you Ducimus for your work on SH4.

It is minds like yours that keep games new and fresh years after the Devopers stop their work.

Just ordered a dive to periscope depth and was greeted with the aroooo ga aroooo ga of the siren. Scared the crusty barnacles off me and brought a smile to my face.
Old 02-17-11, 02:35 AM   #2904
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Just ordered a dive to periscope depth and was greeted with the aroooo ga aroooo ga of the siren. Scared the crusty barnacles off me and brought a smile to my face.

Did i forget to document that? Ooopsy......
Old 02-17-11, 02:40 AM   #2905
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ha that's alright. Up a bit late aren't you?

1:36 CST here in Lone Star territory, maybe working on further ideas for TMO? Don't forget to take time to enjoy your work.

Edit: Having asked that I am curious. What is the one thing you would create for your mod (your highest priority). Regardless of game engine limitation that is.

You mentioned a while back that there were things you wanted done.
Old 02-17-11, 03:53 AM   #2906
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Ha that's alright. Up a bit late aren't you?
I work swing shift. I typically don't go to bed tell 2AM.

Quote:
1:36 CST here in Lone Star territory, maybe working on further ideas for TMO?
I do have an idea, but not for TMO per say. Im just sitting here mulling it over. Idea is basically to make a new mod, that focuses on just ONE boat, using TMO as a base. That one boat, ive just decided (should i do this), would be the USS Tautog. It was there at pearl, did 13 war patrols until she was retired, and was the highest scoring boat in number of sinkings in the war. Doing this would require alot of scripting of missions. Not sure if people would like a scripted campaign or not.

Quote:
Don't forget to take time to enjoy your work.
Honestly, i can't play for very long before i'm either bored, or find something i dislike. I seriously haven't played SH4 like a normal player in a year or two.

Quote:
Edit: Having asked that I am curious. What is the one thing you would create for your mod (your highest priority). Regardless of game engine limitation that is.

If i had the ability? A full interior, and a more interactive and life like crew. I've got this crazy notion in my head that more interaction would bring to the game a level of immersion that *I* need to be engrossed in the game. From my perspective, ive been playing these sub sim's since 2005 and SH3. The routine is always the same. Find, chase, sink, evade, regardless of boat, or what side of the war you play on. So I guess im needing more detail, more "you are there" type of experience. I wish i could bring what SH5 does, into SH4. Sadly thats not within my ability, though i do what i can.

Quote:
You mentioned a while back that there were things you wanted done.
Yeah, im at a point where there's not too much more i'm willing to do. Long term i was thinking about mounting a couple Ma dueces on the conning towers and slapping a flag on the flag pole. Import some german stuff from the Nine Delta Two mod i was working on, get it made into an installer (i got an offer to have one made), and call it good. But seriously? All that is fluff. If captain America never comes back with his interior work, i don't see myself doing much more. So for now, i'm going to let TMO 2.1 ride how it is. If i see feedback on the planes and damage model, i might update the patch, but baring that, odds are ill get lazy, combine 2.0 and the 2.1 update into a FULL package, upload it, forget it existed and move on to something else in life.
Old 02-17-11, 11:29 AM   #2907
Hydra
Mate

Downloads: 149

Quote:
but baring that, odds are ill get lazy, combine 2.0 and the 2.1 update into a FULL package, upload it, forget it existed and move on to something else in life.
Ahh, but what else are you going to do in life for which you will have so many grateful fans? Seriously, thanks for all your work! You deserve all the accolades accorded to you.
Old 02-17-11, 01:21 PM   #2908
Istar
Swabbie

Downloads: 86

Aah shoot..
And here I was hoping you`d trow yourself once more into the abyss and try to create some good sinking mechanisms for us.

That`s what you get when you keep spoiling us.. we keep wanting more of the good stuff.
Istar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 02:38 AM   #2909
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Hogan's alley?

I just loaded the 2.1 update. I read the documentation and thought that new compartments were added to the crew stations? I was expecting to see the aft battery compartment. I still have Hogan's alley, and the crew stations appear to be the same as before. It is not a problem if that was what was intended. If not, please advise. The game loaded fine, and I have not activated any mods which should affect the crew stations. Maybe I misunderstood the documentation?

p.s. I am starting a new career and have been assigned a Gar, if that makes a difference.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 03:01 AM   #2910
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Make sure your installing the update correctly, and not accidently nesting in a subdirectory within itself. The menu screen will say Trigger maru overhauled ver 2.1.