Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It's a virus related comment, not Corona related though

From a Danish newspaper

"Pandemic. Infection. Virus.

"The Nipah virus has biological potential to become a truly global threat," the organization's website states.
"
Markus

Hopefully China doesn't have some of that virus sloppily stashed in a weapons lab somewhere.
Old 04-15-20, 07:38 PM   #2867
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Possible new attack vector of the virus discovered. That is very, very bad news. It seems the virus can attack th eimmune system like HIV does, destroying the T-cells, which are the protective cells. It seems it attacks by docking on a second receptor. In my layman understanding, that is almost as bad as a mutation.
Below is probably the article the tree guy is talking about. The paper suggests that SARS-CoV-2 will attack a T-cell via a C147 spike but it only renders the T-Cell useless. It does not attack a T-cell like HIV which enters through the C4 spike on the cell but does not destroy or render the host useless. Rather HIV inserts a portion of its own DNA into the T-Cell which is then thought to continuously replicate each time the T-Cell divides into new cells. You can still die from either one.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41423-020-0424-9.pdf

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-15-20 at 07:48 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 08:15 PM   #2868
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Remember the images of Spain's hospitals with patients in the hallways?

Photos: In Las Vegas, a parking lot hosts homeless people during coronavirus outbreak

This is Las Vegas for street people after they closed down the homeless mission:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/phot...ronavirus.html

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 08:23 PM   #2869
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Good-by football in LA for 2020

A brand new stadium too for LA Rams and the LA Chargers

Los Angeles mayor says coronavirus will likely halt sporting events with crowds until 2021

Quote:
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti (D) said Wednesday that mass gathering such as sporting events and concerts will likely remain canceled for the rest of the year due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Speaking on CNN, Garcetti confirmed an earlier report that he was considering barring such gatherings for at least one year. The mayor said it's "difficult to imaging us getting together in the thousands anytime soon" and the city should prepare for an extended ban on such crowded events.

"I think we should be prepared for that this year," Garcetti said. "I think we all never wanted science to work so quickly. But until there’s a vaccine, some sort of pharmaceutical intervention or herd immunity, the science is the science, and public health officials have been very clear. We’ve got many miles to walk before we’re going to be back in those environments."

But the Mayor also echoed what the NFL is thinking "Football without the crowds"

Quote:
Garcetti suggested that sporting events and concerts without crowds could be a possibility in the months ahead. But he emphasized that it would be "very difficult to see" packing thousands of people into a stadium before 2021.
or achievement

Old 04-15-20, 08:36 PM   #2870
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
You mean the Canadian nation, seeing as you are referencing the former governor general of Quebec?

Well I'm not up on all the details but the Amherst, Mass, New Hampshire, Virginia etc. all speak to his tenure as Commander-in-Chief North America during Pontiac's War in the Ohio Valley, as well as Governor Gen. of Quebec. My nephew attended Amherst College in Mass. His written advocacy of 'ridding humanity of 'that inexcreble race' in letters to subordinates using smallpox tainted blankets did not specify which Indians, as there was no separate USA at the time. Injuns was Injuns and dead ones were preferred..George Washington was little better, suffering defeats againt the western Indians after the Revolution,and greedy Andy Jackson's Cherokee lands expulsion & US Grant, overseeing the great Sioux/BlackHills gold war merely trailed in Sir Jeff's wake.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-15-20 at 08:48 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 08:47 PM   #2871
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Well I'm not up on all the details but the Amherst, Mass, New Hampshire, Virginia etc. all speak to his tenure as Commander-in-Chief North America during the French and Indian wars, as well as Governor Gen. of Quebec. My nephew attended Amherst College in Mass. His written advocacy of 'ridding humanity of 'that inexcreble race' in letters to subordinates using smallpox tainted blankets did not specify which Indians, as there was no separate USA at the time. Injuns was Injuns and dead ones were preferred..George Washington was little better, suffering defeats againt the western Indians after the Revolution,and greedy Andy Jackson's Cherkee expulsion & US Grant, overseeing the great Sioux/ BlackHills gold war merely trailed in Sir Jeff's wake.

You paint with an awful wide brush there Ak. I once cheered for John Wayne during a cavalry movie. Does that make me just trailing in Sir Jeff's wake as well?
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 08:58 PM   #2872
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
You paint with an awful wide brush there Ak. I once cheered for John Wayne during a cavalry movie. Does that make me just trailing in Sir Jeff's wake as well?
well just so long as you cheer equally for Errol Flynn in 'They Died With Their Boots On'; we'll call it even ??!! They don't even make movies about St Clair's defeat under Washington's tenure-made Little Big Horn look like a nose bleed....and got conveniently swept under the carpet of history.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-15-20 at 09:14 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 10:51 PM   #2873
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Was he fighting Indians? Or just Mexicans?
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 05:21 AM   #2874
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

European Commission head Ursula von der Leyen says 'too many' let Italy down at the start.

UK ministers are expected to back a three-week lockdown extension.

US President Donald Trump says new reopening guidelines for states will be announced today.

Global infections passed the 2 million mark on Wednesday.

WW2 veteran, 99, has walked his 100th lap after raising £12m for the NHS.

IMF warns the impact of the coronavirus on Asia will be "severe, across the board, and unprecedented"

Germany has said smaller shops can start opening next week, as it eases its restrictions.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 05:26 AM   #2875
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

President Donald Trump says the US has "passed the peak" of new coronavirus cases and predicted some states would reopen this month.

Mr Trump told the daily White House briefing that new guidelines would be announced on Thursday after he had spoken to governors.

"We'll be the comeback kids, all of us," the president said. "We want to get our country back."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52304993

A third of the sailors on France's aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle - 668 out of nearly 2,000 - are infected with coronavirus, the navy says.

The ship returned to the French port of Toulon early from Atlantic exercises. Twenty sailors are in hospital, one of them in intensive care.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52308073

Old 04-16-20, 06:45 AM   #2876
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-16-20, 08:27 AM   #2877
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
We just heard that turkish "president" Erdoghan said "the superior genes of the turkish race are immune against the virus". I guess the numbers of the dead from Turkey can be regarded as "serious" as those of China or Russia, for that matter.

Russia was just late to the party due to the border security and limited travel. Now despite social distancing measures we are still looking at 14 percent increase in confirmed cases today. Mortality growth would follow soon.
Old 04-16-20, 08:29 AM   #2878
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
For Star Wars fans. Case and filters extra ships from Chernobyl
https://www.soviet-power.com/equipme...s-mask-hq.html

PBFs are way beyond their use life and I would advise strongly against using those as PPE, particularly if the filters did not come in sealed.
Old 04-16-20, 08:47 AM   #2879
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Its the thought that counts. Its shows I care.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-16-20 at 02:10 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 08:50 AM   #2880
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
PBFs are way beyond their use life and I would advise strongly against using those as PPE, particularly if the filters did not come in sealed.
Send Neal one of these for evaluation

https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=42800992

Quote:
As the confrontation between the United and Russia has worsened over Syria, and amid speculation Washington might launch airstrikes against Syrian government forces, Russian state-controlled media has gone into high gear, asking Russians whether they are prepared for nuclear war.

“If that should one day happen, each of you must know where the nearest bomb shelter is,” a report on the state-controlled network, NTV, noted, before taking viewers on a tour of a nuclear bunker in Moscow.
or achievement

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan