Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-20, 10:45 AM   #2851
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A Brazilian study on hydroxychloroquine as an effective drug against Covid19 has been breaked off early in its first phase already after 11 of the 81 patients died after beign drugged.

More fake news. The 11 covid patients were given a huge dose and it was combined with other drugs. The remaining high dose patients were unmasked and moved to the low dose group where the study continues. So it hasn't been "breaked" off as you claim.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 11:50 AM   #2852
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 12:31 PM   #2853
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 12:53 PM   #2854
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

/\ International diplomacy Rule 1: Denial is rivah in Egypt...and they need to treat their African visitors more humanely during the crises especially when purloining the resources of poor African nations undr the insidious Road and Belt initiative . Chinese policy is to 'save face ' at all costs to the party...they are failng dismally. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2662773&postcount=120

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-16-20 at 11:57 AM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 02:51 PM   #2855
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

Yeah, Vit-D! Thats what i found from my own reading as well. The case for Vit-D indeed is very strong, the strongest amongst those supplements I have fallen back to due to our lack of understanding what indeed specifically helps against Covid19.

I would also recommend Manganese (kind of an energy-distributor for certain cell-internal processes that can help to fight against the Covid-19 virus and hindering it to enter), Selenium (honestly said I foprgot what convionced me in that to be possibvly of good use aga8isnt covid-19), and to harden the protection shields in the colon: Ginger, since the colon'S mucosa in a wider sens eis functionally associated with the immune system and tends to worsten health if virusses can nest in the cells below that jucosa, Giger helps to "burn out" germs in this mucosa.

They also make a cvall for Zinc. However, while it can not easiyl do damage since overdoses gets easily gotten rid of by the body, the arguments for Zinc against Covid-19 base on in-vitro experiments exclsuzovely where the Zinc was made to enter cell comp0jnents ion a petri dish. How to get Zinc into the cell in a living body and in sufficient ammounts, currently is not clear. Maybe eating it alone does the trick, maybe it does not. We have no real evidence there. So, if iot boost your moral: eat Zinc supplemnets, harmnful most likely it is not, and maybe it indeeds does somethign psoitve. As I said oiften on Covid-19: every little may be what makes the difference if fate points its figner at you.

Do not take the recommendations of your nation's nutrition offices as the final word, usualy these are extremely conservative and way below what is needed to make a difference by several effects. Honestly said, i do not listen to them: not to the German agencies, and not to any other as well.

I would also add Vit-C due to indirect conclusion I explain below, being aware that after Lilnus Paulings extreme recommendations of 18 gr per day a counter movement broke loose that says you cannot have ANY benefit from taking Vit-C supplements. The nutreotiuon market is a relgious battle gorudn by now, the situation on methodologicial quality of studies done is extremely poor (and I have regular feedback on that form a firend who is professional in the field of ecotrophology: "the science of nutrition", she is professional extrophologist and advisor. The reason why I take Vit.C when i feel ill and relaise I am getting sick, developiung a flu or a cold, is simply this: ona oirmal day with normnal hetah status, I could conbsumme so and so much of Vit-C without my body gettign rid of an overshgoot in supply by blessing me with a single event of diarrhea, and then all is back on normal. However, when i am getting sick or alreeady are sick, thos daily dose my body tolerates, suddenely mutliplies by severtla factors (consumming the daily toal in smaller loads over the whgolke day). Instead of being tolerant on consuming just 1-2 thousand I.E. , suddnely I can consume 12, 14, 16 thosuand I.E., and no diarrhea or anythign else I wpoudl reölate to Vit-C consummation affects me. This tells me that obviously the substance noiw is oin demand, is being used, is kind of ammo taken by the body and being mad euse of to do somerthign with it, whatever that is. I am no doctor, i cannot discuss the physiolgical and chmical background, I just have this profound observation that my tolerane for Vit-C suddenly skyrpockets ba factor of 6, 7, 8 when I am getting ill, even if it is just an ordinary cold, and when the illness is gone, it drops back t much lower levels. I do nto care for dieolgical reommendaitons of not using food supplmeents, all too often the peopep doing that do so for basic-.educaitonal ambitions to lecture you on how to eat more vegetable, fruits and less meat and savwe the palnets and feel a better being by fprimign more altruostic eating habits. Medical argments should be kept strictly separate from politics, ideology and world views. - All this is the reason why for the time being I have made it a habit to consumme a Vit-C supllements as well that certainly does not exceed my daily tolerance level for it, infact is below that quite clearly.

What is all this good for, does it make us immune against a Covid19 infection? No, it doe snto do that, like wearing masks does not do that as well. But both push the chances of catching the ifneciton in our faovur, we improve the probabilites to our benefit. We catch less virusses if wearing a mask, reducing the viorus load during a possibvle expotiion situation. And we help to bring our iummune system to a highe rlevel of readiness, closer to its optimum level it is still capable of at our age and individual living condition.

We want a strong immune system and taking on fewer virusses infesting us - that is why such food supplements and masks are the smart things to use currently.

"Currently" means: in the time without a vasccoine and even without a proven medicaiton to cure Covid19.

"Strong immune system" means: close to its individual optimum level that it can still reach under best conditions, it is achcieved by nutrition supplements, as well as daily movement or exercise, good food).

"Fewer virusses" means milder infection means: wearing masks. We know there is a correlatio between vorus load during exposition, and later symptom severity, I would even say it is a causal proof. Lovw virus load means the immune system wins time before the voirusses in the body have reached a real threatening number anbd start to make their presenc eknown to the patient. This time is used to learn by the immune system and form antibodies. If the vorus load is hiogh durign exposition already, the immune system gets overwhelmed early without knowing what antibody it should form, and the disease sees a much more severe progression.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-15-20 at 03:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 03:18 PM   #2856
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
More fake news. The 11 covid patients were given a huge dose and it was combined with other drugs. The remaining high dose patients were unmasked and moved to the low dose group where the study continues. So it hasn't been "breaked" off as you claim.
I do not know whether this stuff kills people, but it is maybe completely useless against even mild cases of corona infections.

"These two studies do not, in our view, support the contention that hydroxychloroquine (or, by implication, chloroquine) is effective in the management of even mild COVID-19 disease. Two more recent negative studies, albeit of poor quality, reinforce this view, as does the most recent study, an observational study designed to emulate a randomized controlled trial using real-life data."

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/hydrox...rials-tell-us/

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 03:48 PM   #2857
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

We have an entire state in the USA that's going to test hydroxychloroquine

https://sports.yahoo.com/south-dakot...162758310.html

Quote:
South Dakota will be the first state to test hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the novel coronavirus in a statewide clinical trial, Gov. Kristi Noem announced Monday.

"From day one, I’ve said we’re going to let the science, facts, and data drive our decision-making in South Dakota,” Noem said in a statement. "Throughout last week, I communicated with White House officials to let them know that South Dakota’s medical community was ready to step up and lead the way on research efforts."

WHAT SAVED MY LIFE IN CORONAVIRUS: NC ELECTED OFFICIAL

"I made direct requests to President Trump and Vice President Pence to supply us with enough hydroxychloroquine so that it could be made available for every hospitalized person the state may have as well as for those healthcare workers on the frontlines and those in the most vulnerable populations," Noem said.

Sanford Health, the largest rural health care provider in the U.S., Avera Health and Monument Health will be part of the trial, according to the governor's office. The state has recorded 730 coronavirus cases and six deaths.

Administering hydroxychloroquine, often in tandem with azithromycin, is something researchers hope will help patients since the FDA hasn't approved any treatments, preventative or otherwise.

The National Institutes of Health said Thursday it had begun a clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine in patients with coronavirus.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 04:01 PM   #2858
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Que Skybird comment.....
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 04:01 PM   #2859
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

We will have to see how this works. I just hope that no SD citizen is forced to be a guinea pig for this experiment.
Old 04-15-20, 04:03 PM   #2860
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

I was thinking Lab Rats but I agree with you.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 04:30 PM   #2861
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24

/\ More interestingly, the 880,000 population of S. DAK IS COMPRISED OF 80,000 native Americans on 9 reservations. The responsible agency: U. S. Health Dept. ain't got the best reputation. The American nation was actually won by smallpx eradiction of native Americans...(Gov. Gen. Sir Jeffrey Amherst's idea)so nuthin's new here! I wonder if the death rate and the experiment will be applied evenly...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 04:49 PM   #2862
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
We will have to see how this works. I just hope that no SD citizen is forced to be a guinea pig for this experiment.

Oh they'll ask and get plenty of volunteers. They're usually the ones which cant afford the bill or have such severe infection they'll try anything to make it go away. This will allow them to prescribe different dosages at different stages of infections to see what works best. If it works.

I'm sure even now some doctors are still prescribing it they just dont have any statistical data to tell them if its worth continuing.
Old 04-15-20, 05:08 PM   #2863
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
The American nation was actually won by smallpx eradiction of native Americans...(Gov. Gen. Sir Jeffrey Amherst's idea)

You mean the Canadian nation, seeing as you are referencing the former governor general of Quebec?

August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 05:12 PM   #2864
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Possible new attack vector of the virus discovered. That is very, very bad news. It seems the virus can attack th eimmune system like HIV does, destroying the T-cells, which are the protective cells. It seems it attacks by docking on a second receptor. In my layman understanding, that is almost as bad as a mutation.

This video, from 00:09:00 on:

Just recentely I read that they found that the virus also attacks the heart directly.

Add to this, mentioned at the end of the video, that the virus causes last8ing damages htorughout the body.

Thank God its just an ordinary flu.

And if you live in the UK, look the above video at 00 : 03 : 57.

Completely unacceptable both regarding the Why and the How.
Old 04-15-20, 06:04 PM   #2865
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It's a virus related comment, not Corona related though

From a Danish newspaper

"Pandemic. Infection. Virus.

Right now, they are echoing all over the world, and they are used over and over again for one disease: the coronavirus.
Thousands have died. Even more infected, communities are shut down, the economy is on its knees.

It's not long ago that diseases like SARS, swine flu and MERS have scared the minds of experts and health authorities, but it has gone far, far worse with the coronavirus, which is currently drawing a trace of death worldwide.

But there is actually a disease that causes the experts of WHO to worry even more.

The Nipah virus was first detected in Malaysia in 1999, and up to 2016 there have been cases in both Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Bagladesh and India.

So far there has only been local outbreaks, but Nipah still have the potential to cause epidemics
So far, just over 500 people have had the virus worldwide.

The Nipah virus originates - just as the coronavirus is supposed to do - from bats. The infection is transmitted to humans via pigs.

In Nepal, we have been able to study how the Nipah virus went from feces and urine from bats, which hung in trees if they drank from the palm syrup, to pigs that went under them, ”says US scientist Tracey Goldstein

Pigs only get mild symptoms of the disease, while humans are much more severely affected.
According to the WHO, mortality in humans should be between 40-75 percent. However, figures from the Business Insider media show a 77 percent death rate

Nipah can cause fatal meningitis because the disease attacks the central nervous system and some go into coma after a few days.

Right now, everyone is talking about coronavirus, but as late as 2018, the WHO actually emphasized the Nipah virus as a disease that should be prioritized in research.

The international coalition of preventive epidemic research, CEPI, is working to develop a vaccine against the virus.

"The Nipah virus has biological potential to become a truly global threat," the organization's website states.
"
I don't know what will hit us next time a virus decide to take a trip round the world, I am however convinced the death rate will be a lot higher.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan