SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-13-11, 01:06 PM   #271
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Hagraven... that freaked me out.
Hah, first thought it was just another "normal" mage there, then came the fireballs.

Took cover behind the rock, took a sip from a regeneration potion and sprinted
over the log. Shout + shield bash did the job, it didn't really do anything once
I got close to it.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 02:08 PM   #272
Drewcifer
Commodore

Downloads: 38

LOL, she is very attractive. I dropped a my big frost buddy ontop of her then strolled casually over to her while she was beating on him tapped her on teh shoulder with some lightning and gagged a little when her corpse wiggled about seductivly. She does have pretty feet though.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 02:14 PM   #273
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Plus, the rewards are never very good--a potion (not very useful), grenade schematics (that you can find elsewhere) and a laser pistol (which isn't all that powerful). Maybe Skyrim will change the trend, but I'll still avoid them for now.
A laser pistol in Skyrim could definitely change the trend...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 02:49 PM   #274
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

I just ran into a Hagraven by complete accident trying to find a way up to High Hrothgar, which was rather unpleasant. Eventually I managed to avoid the fireballs of doom for long enough to get close and hack her down with my sword.
Old 11-13-11, 02:52 PM   #275
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You can add weapons to the 1-8 keys. Make the weapon a favorite, open the
favorites menu, equip the weapon and while still in the menu, press 1-8.
Thanks.

I killed my 2nd dragon last night bags was full picking up what the dragon dropped so I was standing there choosing items to drop where this giant turns up and smashes me senseless before I could react. .What are you guys playing it at I found apprentice too easy one swipe with the two handed axe and its all over I stuck to adept which I think is classed as normal.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 03:03 PM   #276
Drewcifer
Commodore

I didn't touch the preset difficulty so Adept I believe.

I really like the system for followers in Skyrim. Its set up really well, you can hire mercs, make friends, or pick up comrades with similar goals... and each one is a detailed person in the game.. Like I can go pick up a few different mages now but each one is a person studying at the college and they all have their own stories and lives. Very nice touch instead of "MAGE A FOLLOWER" "SWORD GUY FOLLOWER B" etc.
Old 11-13-11, 03:34 PM   #277
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 36

I've been using Lydia, although right now she's in my Whiterun home awaiting my return. I like the fact that followers are a bit harder to kill, at first I thought Lydia was invincible, but I finally managed to get her killed. Luckily I had saved a minute before as the enemy that I was fighting had killed me 2-3 times before.

Damn dragons, just killed my third one, I came out of a cave(beautiful cave that had a forest in it ) and I'm climbing up a mountain, I hear a roar and think I'm about to encounter a bear, and then I hear the flapping. I turn around just as ice breath hits the wall near me. I whip out my bow and we go toe to toe, eventually I kill it with a barrage of arrows, some good ole swinging of my axe, and fire breath.

I think it may have been one of the easier ones, it did have less loot than the others I've encountered.

I've also encountered my first troll(bit scary in the middle of the night) and shortly after I killed the troll, I'm attack by an assassin. Apparently someone put a hit out on me, I'm not even sure what I did to warrant it.

As for the nirnroot, I've been saving mine, but after seeing some sold in a nearby store, I'm starting to think there may not be a collection quest for them.
Old 11-13-11, 04:01 PM   #278
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike88 View Post
I've also encountered my first troll(bit scary in the middle of the night) and shortly after I killed the troll, I'm attack by an assassin. Apparently someone put a hit out on me, I'm not even sure what I did to warrant it.
I was attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin and a group of particularly well armed thugs in rapid succession. The Assassing had a note that just says someone wants me dead, but the thugs' contract was signed by one of the Battle-Borns. I'll have to head around there and slit their throats when I have the time.
Old 11-13-11, 04:34 PM   #279
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I was attacked by a Dark Brotherhood Assassin and a group of particularly well armed thugs in rapid succession. The Assassing had a note that just says someone wants me dead, but the thugs' contract was signed by one of the Battle-Borns. I'll have to head around there and slit their throats when I have the time.

Battle-born's comment on the fact that I've been a good friend, so I don't think it was them. Speaking of attacking groups, I was attacked by a group of Thalmor, I'm tempted to attack their headquarters in Solitude, but that wouldn't go very well with me being an Imperial Soldier and all.
Old 11-13-11, 04:39 PM   #280
Raptor1
Navy Seal

It could be the Grey-Manes and that if you help one of the families the other sends Assassins after you.
Old 11-13-11, 05:01 PM   #281
Spike88
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
It could be the Grey-Manes and that if you help one of the families the other sends Assassins after you.

Actually, I think it might be that Nord from Riverwood. I did tell about his little plot against the woman he likes.

Edit: Brotherhood doesn't give up easily. Just had another assassin attack me.

Just inherited 100 gold pieces from an NPC that apparently died. The NPC in question was just a farmer I had picked crops for, guess I left enough of a mark on him that he wrote me into his will.

Oh the joys of using a controller, accidentally hit the shoulder button unleashing a dragon shout of fire. Luckily I missed the NPC that was infront of me.

Last edited by Spike88; 11-13-11 at 06:07 PM.
Spike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 06:10 PM   #282
Drewcifer
Commodore

Just got done with a quest.... its exactly like the movie hangover... you have to go all over skyrim trying to figure out what you did while you were black out drunk.

You guys will laugh... when I seen who I almost married oh man hillarious.
Old 11-13-11, 06:47 PM   #283
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Any idea if you can marry again? Say, if your current partner happens to
slip and hit her head to a battleaxe?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 08:06 PM   #284
Spike88
Ocean Warrior