SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-08, 10:33 AM   #271
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko the Panda
I have a question.

What does this section actually mean? How do I apply the files?

FOR SH3 Commander users, you must download and apply the following files:
http://files.filefront.com/GWX+211+C.../fileinfo.html
Please note that currently, only SH3 Commander version 3.0 configuation files are supported by the GWX dev team.
Download these 3 folders and copy over INTO SH3 Commanders folder
An alternative method (the one I use) is to install JSGME into your SH3 Commander programme folder and enable with that

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 10:44 AM   #272
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

Good Morning All you NERDS.:rotfl:

Just j\king.

Now that I have Jim and BBW inthe same time and place I have 1 question.

Error message after CTD.

APP name SH3 exe.
APP ver 1.4.0.1
Mod name kernel .dll
Mod ver 0.0.0.0
Offset 00012008

Happens when I look at target thru peri and am just ready to push RED button.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 12:17 PM   #273
Rango
Watch

Downloads: 0

Hello, GWX-Team

Thanks for the bugfixes and the new things.

I have played 5 mission´s from August 1939 and i have not seen all the new things.
The beginning at August 1939 is a nice update. The new moon is cool and i like the open hatch mod very much. The Laboe Naval Memorial is very nice, especially in the night. The Real Weather Fix Mod is a great improvement for the gameplay, very good. The new sound of torpedo doors opening is great. The smoke improvements and the u-boat update chart are very nice.

I thank all gwx members for the hard work.

Greeting

Rango
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136095
Deutsche Übersetzung:
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...2/m/6591069356
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 01:48 PM   #274
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Quote:
Because without making the transfer you end up with the messages you are getting
As there is a crossover point between flotillas

Again I forgot to add about days in base
For first patrol set it to 20

Once you have ran a patrol out of the 1st or 2nd you can always transfer back to the 7th if thats where you want to be

Makes no difference early war as 7th\2nd using type II or VIIB
I did everything exactly as u wrote: after 4 days shakedown patrol in Konigsberg. I set day limit to 20, made transfer to first flotilla so my second patrol began on 24th of August from Kiel. After second patrol I returned to base on september the 2nd. Switched back to randomise days spent in base option in SH3 commander. Tried to tranfer back into 7/13 flotilla with no joy again. Got two pop-up windows one of which telling "base was changed to Konigsberg" another "base was changed to Kiel" and in game the same message flooding..
JSGME this in and try again
Let me know
Apologies

http://www.mediafire.com/?ym8mjitrbdy

Very well, looks like this fix works fine.

This time as a temporary base I selected Wilhelmshawen but I think this does not matter

I got patrol grid BF 18 so I used Dover canal for free run It Woun't happen again since the war broke out!

Ahm.. one short question: If number of days in base option is selected will it count in days spent for U-boat upgrades to install ?
Old 04-20-08, 01:53 PM   #275
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

The manual says that there's an open hatch between the COMMAND ROOM and the ENGINE ROOM.

The engine room's hatch is on the opposite side of the hatch for the radioroom, and for what I've checked, its not open at all, with the mod installed.

Was that an error on the manual?
Old 04-20-08, 02:00 PM   #276
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
The manual says that there's an open hatch between the COMMAND ROOM and the ENGINE ROOM.

The engine room's hatch is on the opposite side of the hatch for the radioroom, and for what I've checked, its not open at all, with the mod installed.

I don't think so, the copy of the manual I have says this:

The online manual also says the same thing.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 02:07 PM   #277
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68

Quote:

Yep, someone already said it was a typo (not sure it was a typo in the original manual or in the list of changes published on this forum).
At first I was really excited to read about an open engine room. Now I'm just very happy the Grey Wolves integrated the open hatch mod.

Wasn't somebody working on a complete 3D interior?
Old 04-20-08, 02:21 PM   #278
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronston
Quote:

Yep, someone already said it was a typo (not sure it was a typo in the original manual or in the list of changes published on this forum).
At first I was really excited to read about an open engine room. Now I'm just very happy the Grey Wolves integrated the open hatch mod.

Wasn't somebody working on a complete 3D interior?
I was!

@Penelope = sorry, not in the manual, I meant on the first page of this thread. Sad to hear that this is not true, would be very nice. Also, why didn't you guys included the open hatch for the IX types?
Old 04-20-08, 02:27 PM   #279
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Quote:
@Penelope = sorry, not in the manual, I meant on the first page of this thread. Sad to hear that this is not true, would be very nice. Also, why didn't you guys included the open hatch for the IX types?
Because it wasn't finished in time.

Soon as a type IX open hatch mod is done, it will be released here on subsim and officially hosted on the GWX website.

I too am eagerly awaiting DD to finish this one as well.

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 02:45 PM   #280
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Because without making the transfer you end up with the messages you are getting
As there is a crossover point between flotillas

Again I forgot to add about days in base
For first patrol set it to 20

Once you have ran a patrol out of the 1st or 2nd you can always transfer back to the 7th if thats where you want to be

Makes no difference early war as 7th\2nd using type II or VIIB
I did everything exactly as u wrote: after 4 days shakedown patrol in Konigsberg. I set day limit to 20, made transfer to first flotilla so my second patrol began on 24th of August from Kiel. After second patrol I returned to base on september the 2nd. Switched back to randomise days spent in base option in SH3 commander. Tried to tranfer back into 7/13 flotilla with no joy again. Got two pop-up windows one of which telling "base was changed to Konigsberg" another "base was changed to Kiel" and in game the same message flooding..
JSGME this in and try again
Let me know
Apologies

http://www.mediafire.com/?ym8mjitrbdy

Very well, looks like this fix works fine.

This time as a temporary base I selected Wilhelmshawen but I think this does not matter

I got patrol grid BF 18 so I used Dover canal for free run It Woun't happen again since the war broke out!

Ahm.. one short question: If number of days in base option is selected will it count in days spent for U-boat upgrades to install ?
The time added for upgrades should be in addition to your default stopover time.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 04:25 PM   #281
Dronston
Lieutenant

Downloads: 68

Quote:
I was!
Great! Measuring by the standard of your previous mods that creates an expectation...

What's the status?

(Don't wanna hijack this topic, if there is a topic about this please respond there.)
Old 04-20-08, 06:00 PM   #282
Pablo
Commodore

Downloads: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronston
Quote:

Hi!

The typo is in the list of changes in V2.1, towards the beginning of the manual. That list was copied directly to the initial post. That hatch that is open is the forward hatch for Type VII U-boats, leading into the Captain's bunk/radio operator room/hydrophone operator room.

Pablo

"...far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Hamilton Club, Chicago, April 10, 1899
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 06:10 PM   #283
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

To: The GWX Team
Re: GWX 2.1

Thank you!
Old 04-20-08, 06:14 PM   #284
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Fair play to you for including Diving Ducks original open hatch work, definately adds to the immersion whilst enduring DC attacks in the control room. Just wondering though, is there anyway to move the default viewing point a little to the left in a VIIc as the scope blocks the open hatch view quite a bit ?

Alternatively, is it possible to move the scope or lose it altogether ?

Thanks...
Old 04-20-08, 09:04 PM   #285
Tool
Planesman

Just wanted to mention that in regard to an earlier post on this thread I WAS able to rollback SH Commander 2.7, remove the mods in JSGME, update to 2.1, and load 3.1. I dumped the files for 3.0 into their directories, and started up SH3. No issues, continued with leaving port for Patrol 13 in Jan. 1941.

Nice work guys.. I didn't get to read the entire manual yet, but i did read the changes.

I didn't see anything about the hatch thing, and i did load the mod in JSGME, but haven't figured out how it works yet..

Tool.