SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-12, 08:34 PM   #271
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Alright, I know I'm dense, TDW, so pardon me for this question :

Got just about everything else about my sh5.exe patched to my specs (thanks to YOU! ), but there is one of the color alterations that I don't understand the description of:

Quote:
- go to address 0x103F75 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted. This color defines the color of all the instances of this tool when adding new instances of the tool. Makes these instances of these tools 'stand-out' compared to other tools
"All the instances of this tool?"

Which tool?

I know. I'm probably not paying attention here, but my hair is turning grayer by the minute
Old 02-26-12, 08:41 PM   #272
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
"All the instances of this tool?"

Which tool?

I know. I'm probably not paying attention here, but my hair is turning grayer by the minute
Any tool. When you add a new mark, ruler, compass, etc. this is the color of the tool (icon) before clicking and adding a new one of it to the map.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-12, 09:04 PM   #273
misha1967
Commander

Ahhh... You mean the color of the tool on the toolbar on the left (currently yellow when highlighted, I think)?
Old 02-26-12, 09:14 PM   #274
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha1967 View Post
Ahhh... You mean the color of the tool on the toolbar on the left (currently yellow when highlighted, I think)?
Nope. After you click the tool in the toolbar on the left your mouse cursor turns into the tool's icon. The color of that icon (your mouse cursor) is what is being changed with that memory address.
Old 02-26-12, 09:50 PM   #275
misha1967
Commander

Thanks for your patience. Now I see what you mean (after having opened the sim to check it out). I need a slap myself upside the head smiley here

Because the lines for protractors, rulers etc. are red while you're drawing them, I had somehow gotten into my little head that the tool icons themselves were too. Which they're not, of course. Now it all makes perfect sense.

Thanks again!

(Oh, and as a word of "advice" to other people tooling around with changing the colors with TDW's patcher, and you should, I'd recommend making your chosen colors a bit darker than you might at first want. It seems that the sim itself "brightens" your chosen color a bit as compared to what the color selector shows when you're patching. For instance, the nice, bright red that you see in the stock game when drawing new lines is represented in the patcher as something much closer to dark reddish-brown. I just noticed that as the nice, green color that I'd chosen in the patcher almost burned a hole clear through my retina in the actual game Experiment. It's dead easy to change if you don't like it).
Old 03-06-12, 05:39 AM   #276
Anita1986
Watch

Downloads: 21

It might allready been told but since Im a girl, I take the shortcut and just ask.

You tell that to patch the sh5.exe file you open it with a hex editor (like http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php) and edit the address, save and start the game. But you keep talking about the patcher (SH5 Patcher v1.0.21.1)?

Should you do both?
Anita1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 06:40 AM   #277
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita1986 View Post
It might allready been told but since Im a girl, I take the shortcut and just ask.

You tell that to patch the sh5.exe file you open it with a hex editor (like http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php) and edit the address, save and start the game. But you keep talking about the patcher (SH5 Patcher v1.0.21.1)?

Should you do both?
The patcher is on the bottom of the first post in this thread . The instructions are underneath that . Ask as many questions as you like . Just use the patcher , forget the hex editing .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 10:38 AM   #278
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98

Can someone please explain to me what the "Change 7" does? I don't really understand the description
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 02:16 PM   #279
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrEZeX View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the "Change 7" does? I don't really understand the description
start from post #272 and continue
Old 03-28-12, 02:18 PM   #280
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98

So sorry
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 02:50 PM   #281
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

TDW,

I didn't go to high school for nine years for nothing but I'm still having a devil of a time understanding the color change options in the SH5 patcher.

What I'm trying to do is to select one color for each tool, i.e. protracter, compass, ruler, NAV mark, etc., and my initial use of the selected tool will leave the appropriate mark on the TAI and NAV map in the that chosen color. Then after using the tool the selected color will remain on the map mark until it is erased and not turn to a thin, almost unreadable, black line as soon as a different tool is used. How can I accomplish this?

Yes, I've read this entire thread regarding this subject but I guess I'm probably a poster child for the effects of ignorance.

Thanks
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 03:03 PM   #282
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
TDW,

I didn't go to high school for nine years for nothing but I'm still having a devil of a time understanding the color change options in the SH5 patcher.

What I'm trying to do is to select one color for each tool, i.e. protracter, compass, ruler, NAV mark, etc., and my initial use of the selected tool will leave the appropriate mark on the TAI and NAV map in the that chosen color. Then after using the tool the selected color will remain on the map mark until it is erased and not turn to a thin, almost unreadable, black line as soon as a different tool is used. How can I accomplish this?

Yes, I've read this entire thread regarding this subject but I guess I'm probably a poster child for the effects of ignorance.

Thanks
patch v0.0.3:

- go to address 0x103F95 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the marks
- go to address 0x105095 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the ruler
- go to address 0x105945 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the compass
- go to address 0x1063E5 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the protractor

Those will set the color of the tool after you have placed it on the map. The patcher exe can set these also
Old 03-28-12, 06:46 PM   #283
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
patch v0.0.3:

- go to address 0x103F95 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the marks
- go to address 0x105095 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the ruler
- go to address 0x105945 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the compass
- go to address 0x1063E5 and change the 4 bytes to the color wanted for the protractor

Those will set the color of the tool after you have placed it on the map. The patcher exe can set these also
I'm sorry TDW, I haven't a clue what the quoted "- go to address...." means and having tried the patcher several times in the past prior to my post here I've had no luck whatsoever. See what I mean by poster child for ignorance?

When you've got a moment perhaps you could tell me, step-by-step, "Dick, Jane, and Spot" style, how to do it for one tool with the patcher.

Thanks, Quink

Last edited by quink99; 03-28-12 at 07:06 PM.
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 07:56 PM   #284
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
I'm sorry TDW, I haven't a clue what the quoted "- go to address...." means and having tried the patcher several times in the past prior to my post here I've had no luck whatsoever. See what I mean by poster child for ignorance?

When you've got a moment perhaps you could tell me, step-by-step, "Dick, Jane, and Spot" style, how to do it for one tool with the patcher.

Thanks, Quink

For changes 8, 11, 13, and 15 under Map colors double click Enabled to enable/disable, double click IsColor to pick color.
Old 03-29-12, 02:50 AM   #285
misha1967
Commander

Quick question, TDW:

As we all know, excessive fiddling with the mod soup can lead to necessary reinstalls of SH5. No problem, as the computer does most of the work. Go have a cup of coffee or a beer and wait for it to finish.

However, I was wondering if I could save myself some time by copying the patched version of sh5.exe to the desktop before uninstalling, then replacing the "fresh" sh5.exe with that one after reinstall? Just to save me some time running the patcher and choosing colors and all that after each reinstall.