SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-14, 10:32 AM   #271
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Nice idea for a skin scheme.

Old 04-20-14, 11:24 AM   #272
Skybird
Soaring

The author has done a second set of 8 flag-skins for the XBow, bringing the total number to 16. Somehow this car offers itself to this idea of flag-skinning.

Old 04-21-14, 09:29 AM   #273
seaniam81
Commodore

Downloads: 87

Man those some nice skins. The X-Bow is one of my favorite cars in game.

seaniam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-14, 10:17 AM   #274
Skybird
Soaring

He also released a set of 16 matching helmets with national flag colours on their sides today.

To my pure horror I found they all have a huge blue UN emblem on them.

I'm an XBow fan myself.
Old 04-21-14, 07:31 PM   #275
Skybird
Soaring

Old 04-24-14, 11:42 AM   #276
Skybird
Soaring

Next update will feature multiplayer, they say, but 25th April is a national holiday in Italy, end of fascist regime and all that, and public life and business life is seriously off common tracks. So since MP relies on best possible support from the server infrastructure and since they want to provide best possible support during the introduction phase of MP, and since both cannot be guaranteed during that holiday, they have delayed the next upgrade from tomorrow to next week's Friday.

On a sidenote, the UN-logo on the helmets for the KTM flag-skins ha ve been removed and replaced with a neutral scheme based on the national flag's base colours. Much better!

Last edited by Skybird; 04-24-14 at 12:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:35 AM   #277
Skybird
Soaring

Four freaks-race on the Nürburgring.

A racing aubergine:

Countdown for multiplayer: T - 72 hours Should make many people happy.
Old 04-30-14, 11:51 AM   #278
Skybird
Soaring

T minus 47 hours for 0.9

Old 05-02-14, 12:04 PM   #279
Skybird
Soaring

Now that 0.9 with MP could arrive just any moment, MP-interested people may want to make themselves familiar with this document describing how to join MP sessions.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/multipla...e-walkthrough/
Old 05-02-14, 01:43 PM   #280
Skybird
Soaring

From their FB site:

"Dear AC followers,
we are encountering an unknown and unpredictable issue that causes random crashes with single-player race events, probably due to some additional implementations that single-player thread shares with the multiplayer build. We are working to identify the cause and to solve it, but we can't commit the new build within today. We apologise for this inconvenient, we'll keep you informed as soon as our development team will be able to make the new build available, hopefully within tomorrow.
Thank you for your patience and your kind support."

Old 05-02-14, 06:36 PM   #281
Skybird
Soaring

First, a new community-made trailer, nice work:

And now, a quantum solace for yesterday's disappointed! I learned that modders already have started to do tracks, although not even the mod tools have been released completely. At racedepartment, I found severlatracks, which represen t playable but very early stages of work, with little or no trackside scenery. These tracks really only are for giving you a change form the usual steering patterns, because by now everybody should know the AC tracks inside out. With only two exceptions I doubt that one will stay too long with them, but for a chaunge until they start to release the real good mod stuff: okay.

AC Tracks | RaceDepartment Forums

Desert Road - the worst of them all, currently, not even playable, after some hundred meters you fall into a deep deep hole in the world, and that's it. this one you can miss.

Dorifto Mountain - A solid fun track! Probbaly meant to be driven in an extremely drifting style, this is a long, winding mountain track in a scenery like a golf ressort. There aqre only tress scattered around, but it doesn't matter, I actually enjoyed this track surprisingly much, and there are quite some nasty corners in it. Don't miss this one!

Laguna Seca - The other track that is already in an advanced (though anything but finished) state, a port from rF, I think, with quite some scenery objects. Nice, for the time being you want this one!

Philip Island - Very early stage, almost no scenery objects, just some turn indicators, you can drive it, but after some runs it gets boring.

Top Gear Test Track - Some people seem to have demanded this one quite much, and I read earlier that the track even is based on laser scanned data. The scenery is still poor, but the track layout seems to be precise, extremely. If you want to outperform the times of the Stig, here is your chance. Personally, I don't see much point in this track, but that is my taste.

Willow Springs - A fast winding track in a hilly desert setting, little, almost noscenery, but fully drivable. For some time okay, but we soon will see more complete tracks.

At youtube I saw one author doing laps on an early alpha layout of Montreal, but that track seems to be not available still.

Also at youtube you can find a track spelled "Rivijera" (yes, spelled like that), which is a longer coastal public road upwards, and back home the same distanbce is run in one straight line, for 30-45 seconds at max speed.

Of the listed tracks, Dorifto Mnt. and Laguna Seca really should be tried out, the others are for the curious only.

If anything goes well, 0.9 today.
Old 05-03-14, 10:56 AM   #282
Skybird
Soaring

Somebody is working on converting the Nordschleife mod for RF by com8 & team for AC, with permission. That is the one with the autumn textures.

That should serve well until autumn this year!

And the mod tools for track designing are not even released. I forsee plenty of tracks once the mod tools are out.

Old 05-04-14, 12:59 PM   #283
Skybird
Soaring

The problem is being worked on, but rumour says there will be no update maybe before next Friday. The whole SP part got porked by MP. While the rate at which hits happen got reduced, it still happens.

Better wait than being sorry.
Old 05-05-14, 05:16 PM   #284
Skybird
Soaring

The conversion of the Norschleife from rF to AC is available!

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/in...-7-alpha.9159/

There are two versions.

Version 0.7 features tree-cards that are erratic of course, the author has not solved the underlying issue (mind you, those guys mod without official modding tools released!).

Version 0.8 has all those card trees deleted.

It means basic AC physics on Nordschleife with not fully implemented correct surface interaction . But I drove it, and it already drives wellllll !

A welcomed provisional solution until the official Kunos tracks comes out in autumn. And a change from those still few tracks that by now everybody really knows INSIDE OUT.
Old 05-06-14, 10:42 AM   #285
Skybird
Soaring

Several versions of the before mentioned Nordschleife port have been released in short order, and the main bugs with the trees are solved. Ladies and gentlemen, we now have a playable, functional Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa! Ported from an old rF mod, legally, there are some compromises that have to be accepted, though. Certain parameters and surface definitions from rF could not have been carried over, that is why grass and tarmac feel the same, many barriers still are not solid but cosmetic only, and the visual environment looks like a construction site. The track itself also is more bumpy than it probably is in reality, using a car with good and soft suspension is recommended, I had good experiences with the XBow and the M3 E92, while the Lotus 2-Eleven I would not recommend for this track. Some visual holes in the track - but I could drive over them without falling through.

Nevertheless, beside all compromises needed - this now is my Nordschleife of choice to drive on, until autumn - it is the cars of AC that make the difference to the visually better Nord mods for other sims out there. Enjoy, and don't forget to thank the modders making this possible WITHOUT OFFICiAL MOD TOOLS RELEASED! Community modders have written the used blender tools themselves!