SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-10, 02:02 PM   #271
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post

The only aspect of MaGUI I have some dislike (but little dislike), is the botton activation of the dials (velocity, depth, course). Is there some possibility to add an optional submod for have those dials in "slider mode"?...
hi Fitzcarraldo,
there is no possibility to make it that way for many reasons . to name the most serious is a) sometimes(often) i want the dials on screen but i also want ,at the same time to do other things too
b) the dials are six ...can you imagine six dials popping in and out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryt8 View Post
Makman94, still having conflict problems.

This is my mod list for loading with the last five (5) items in the order you suggest:

Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Real Depth Charge
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Pascal_Port_People
Das Boot Clothes
Floppy_Cap_Fix
Elite U-boat Binoculars
Low RPM
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
No continuous 'Ship spotted' V1.2 for GWX3
RadioMessage - MorseCodeOnly
sobers real smoke darker and a brown tint1.1
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships
TwistyPeriscopeThingyMod
Undersea_Mod_Reworked
documents for the tools of MaGui 3.4
Salvo Selector Labels
Foam1
Accurate German Flags
ANZACMICKS WEATHERED TYPE VII
Das Boot Realistic Food
Sobers 3D waves
Spirit of machines
Destroyers&Corvette
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vStock
DasBootSehrohr
No Jawhol
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
MaGui 3.4
CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4

This test (No.5) crashed.

The results are as follows using Single Mission “Happy Times” as a test and following your recommendation:

1. Loaded as individual mods each time, DD_OHV3.09, FM New Int, CT_OH and MaGui all load successfully other than a warning that SH3 .sdl has been altered by Lifeboats+Debrisv4 when loading FM New Int.

2. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int mods. These load OK to “Happy Times”.

3. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int + CT OH. These load OK.

4. Loaded together DD_OH + FM New Int + CT OH + MaGui 3.4. Crashes to desktop.

5. Loaded together above (4) plus CT_FM_NI Fix (as per list above). Crashes to Desktop.

6. Loaded DD_OH + FM New Int + MaGui + CT_FM Fix. Extract CT OH. Crashes to Desktop.

7. Loaded DD_OH + FM New Int + MaGui. Extract CT FM Fix.

Crashes to Desktop.

8. Loaded above (7) with FM_NI_Fix for MaGui.

Crashes to Desktop.

Any advice or further recommendations gratefully awaited.

Thanks.
hi Harryt8,

i can't reproduce your 'problem' . i mean that i activated the following mods (nothing else) :

1. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
2. FM_NewInterior_V1.0
3. Conning Tower open Hatch TestFMfood
4. MaGui 3.4
5. CT_FM_NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3.4

and i entered the ''happy times'' mission ,all worked ok ...the mission loaded with no problem ,so i can't help you further than that .

try (if you haven't allready) the 4gb patch (although i don't believe that this will solve your issue)
redownload the mod(s) (in case that something is corrupted)
try only with the above 5 mods to see if loads up (most of the mods in your list are not familiar to me but i can tell you that the ''documents for the tools of MaGui 3.4'' is not a mod...it is only documents and at ''Salvo Selector Labels'' there are sub folders for each submarine and you have to choose from there the type of sub that you use.the default labels are for type vii)

ps: i ,also, have deleted the sound folder from the FM_NewInterior_V1.0
becuase i didn't like the way of the reproduced sound (but,again, i don't believe that this will help you with your issue )

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-27-10, 05:04 AM   #272
harryt8
Bosun

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Default Thanks.......

Thanks Makman94 for this further advice.
I'll try as you suggest and implement the 5 mods only.
I had thought about downloading the mods again just to check for possible corruption.
Excuse my persistence in getting to the bottom of this problem, but I'm determined to get the bloody thing working properly..!!
Old 10-27-10, 08:14 AM   #273
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3228

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi Fitzcarraldo,
there is no possibility to make it that way for many reasons . to name the most serious is a) sometimes(often) i want the dials on screen but i also want ,at the same time to do other things too
b) the dials are six ...can you imagine six dials popping in and out ?
Thanks; Makman. I think in a slider panel similar to OLC GUI for the six dials, activated by the botton on left side and slider with mouse. As an optional submod of the principal MaGUI mod, of course.

Best regards.

Fitz

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-29-10, 12:19 AM   #274
harryt8
Bosun

Downloads: 52
Postscript......

Makman94,

I did as you suggested.
Deleted all the current files and re-loaded them into JSGME.

Clicked the mouse, and hey presto.....the damn thing worked..!!

Lesson well learnt...

One minor concern however:

The Observation Periscope view has limited view (ie the top and bottom of the lens is blacked out). I note on the "read me" for the FM New Int. Mod, that a fix (FM_NI_v1.0), for OLC GUI is applicable to fix this.

Is the application of the CT_FM_NI_Fix for MaGui 3.4 intended to correct the same problem?

Thank you again for your patience in answering my seemingly un-ending questions on your MaGui mod.
Old 10-29-10, 06:20 AM   #275
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:

The Observation Periscope view has limited view (ie the top and bottom of the lens is blacked out). I note on the "read me" for the FM New Int. Mod, that a fix (FM_NI_v1.0), for OLC GUI is applicable to fix this.

Is the application of the CT_FM_NI_Fix for MaGui 3.4 intended to correct the same problem?

Thank you again for your patience in answering my seemingly un-ending questions on your MaGui mod.
I think this is intentional...The fix for the de-centered lines and lateral wrong black zones on persicopes is corrected by FM fix for MaGUI. The black zones up and down of observation periscope are normal and a part of the look of the GUI. Observe if the lines are centered. If yes, and remain the existents black up and down zones in OP, is normal. Observe the official images of the MaGUI posted by Makman in the first post of this thread.

@Makman: please, correct me if Iīm wrong.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 10-30-10, 07:47 PM   #276
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Makman94,

I did as you suggested.
Deleted all the current files and re-loaded them into JSGME.

Clicked the mouse, and hey presto.....the damn thing worked..!!

Lesson well learnt...

it is these 'mysteries' of pcs that are freaking out with no reason ! (of course there,always, a reason but you must become a pc 'guru' if you want to know the 'freaking' reasons)

about the black lens and the 'fix' : these are totally indepedent themes . as Fitzcarraldo told you , the black areas (ONLY on top and bottom ) are part of gui design.
the fix is only to adjust files(commands and cameras) of two mods (FM_NI and MaGui)to be compatible each other (is not changing anything at the design or the way it is working of none of two mods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I think this is intentional...The fix for the de-centered lines and lateral wrong black zones on persicopes is corrected by FM fix for MaGUI. The black zones up and down of observation periscope are normal and a part of the look of the GUI. Observe if the lines are centered. If yes, and remain the existents black up and down zones in OP, is normal. Observe the official images of the MaGUI posted by Makman in the first post of this thread.

@Makman: please, correct me if Iīm wrong.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
this time ,......you were absolutely correct Fitzcarraldo !

Old 11-01-10, 05:00 AM   #277
Yoriyn
Planesman

Downloads: 154

Hello I try this mod, is very good. But!! Is's impossible to use a sextant in this mode. Don't know what is wrong but the stars are much higher then should be. It's imposible to use polaris to find your position. Do you change screen resolution, camera or something what make this problem? I just install new copy of SH3 try every mod one-by-one, and the problem is in Magui3.4. Can anyone help me to solve that?
Old 11-01-10, 06:42 AM   #278
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoriyn View Post
Hello I try this mod, is very good. But!! Is's impossible to use a sextant in this mode. Don't know what is wrong but the stars are much higher then should be. It's imposible to use polaris to find your position. Do you change screen resolution, camera or something what make this problem? I just install new copy of SH3 try every mod one-by-one, and the problem is in Magui3.4. Can anyone help me to solve that?
I donīt use (now) the real navigation...Itīs true the stars are much higher than GWX default???? I think the stars are part of environment, not GUI...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 11-01-10, 07:12 AM   #279
Yoriyn
Planesman

I do not check how high are stars in GWX, because MaGui 3.4 is the only mod which I use in this moment. I reinstall the game, and check mod by mod, instaling and removeing each. After instail only a MaGui 3.4 the stars are higher, much higher.
Old 11-01-10, 11:57 AM   #280
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
I do not check how high are stars in GWX, because MaGui 3.4 is the only mod which I use in this moment. I reinstall the game, and check mod by mod, instaling and removeing each. After instail only a MaGui 3.4 the stars are higher, much higher.
Securely, Makman will answer this rare question...The GUI can modify the sky environment? Good question...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 11-02-10, 09:12 AM   #281
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
hi Yoriyn,

i have tweak the camera's settings when you are on conning deck (you are using the sextant when you are on conning deck,right?). maybe that is why stars 'seem' to you higher .
as i am not a 'real navigator' player i need your answer here: you say that with stock game you find your way by looking at stars, right ? if yes, all you have to do is to open the cameras.dat and go to node 62 (node for conning deck) and clic on cameraparams . change the angular angle there from 68 to 75(75 is the stock value) and you are ready !
there is nothing else in MaGui that may 'effect' the stars.

ps: don't take it wrong but are you sure that you find your way by looking the stars in sh3 ? i seriously doubt that devs have modelled the stars in sh3...if stars are not modelled how is it possible to using correctly the stars ? i believe that the players who are ''real navigators'' are using an external (accurate) programme called ''Stellarium'' for finding stars's positions.

see here : http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ght=stellarium

but maybe i am wrong (as i told you i am not ''real navigating'') and this Stellarium programme to not be needed for sh3.if not needed ...then the angular angle setted to 75 will do the 'trick' for you.

bye

Old 11-02-10, 10:22 AM   #282
Yoriyn
Planesman

This is it!!!

I'm just making first steps in real navigation, but that problem really confuse me. Anyway I set camera to 75 and the stars back to their places. I'm really happy now cos I very,very like your mod and just start thinking about abandom MaGui. I wish Ubisoft have the same customer care as MaGui

Thank you so much!!
Maybe you should back camera setting to 75 in the next version of MaGui to do not confuse another players in future.
Old 11-04-10, 11:36 AM   #283
Bruce_Will_Es
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I'm really impressed of the pics I saw of this mod. As a user of LSH3 V5.1 I would like to know if and how I will be able to use your mod instead of the OLC I use in LSH3.

Old 11-04-10, 08:01 PM   #284
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
This is it!!!

I'm just making first steps in real navigation, but that problem really confuse me. Anyway I set camera to 75 and the stars back to their places. I'm really happy now cos I very,very like your mod and just start thinking about abandom MaGui. I wish Ubisoft have the same customer care as MaGui

Thank you so much!!
Maybe you should back camera setting to 75 in the next version of MaGui to do not confuse another players in future.
the camera at conning deck is not setted to 68 by....'accident' ! there is a very good reason for this change.there is no chance to get it back to 75....
players like you ('real navigators') all that have to do is to rearrange the scale of the sextant.this is a simple work by editing the sextant's image with a graphic programme...but ,as i allready told you,i am not 'real navigating' so it is not me the one that will edit the sextant's image .till that day(...and if we assume that stars are at their proper positions in sh3's skies)...just let the angular angle at conning deck to 75 at your personal set up.

bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeks1 View Post
Looks awesome. This is it. Thanks makman94, I can't wait to try it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Will_Es View Post
I'm really impressed of the pics I saw of this mod. As a user of LSH3 V5.1 I would like to know if and how I will be able to use your mod instead of the OLC I use in LSH3.
it is all written in the readme texts about the installation

bye

Old 11-05-10, 01:58 PM   #285
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
but ,as i allready told you,i am not 'real navigating' so it is not me the one that will edit the sextant's image .till that day(...and if we assume that stars are at their proper positions in sh3's skies)...just let the angular angle at conning deck to 75 at your personal set up.

bye
I read in a thread I donīt remember where itīs, the skies in SH4 are able to make the real navigation with the sextant, but with SH3 it isnīt possible. The users of Real Nav mod, use, as Makman said, an external program, "Stellarium". Iīll try the Real nav in SH4 now.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Closed Thread