SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-06-10, 05:40 PM   #271
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

I've added Radio Vladivostok and a set of Russian songs. See the first post for details.

This particular station almost drove me batty (or rather, battier than I am already ). First off was trying to translate everything from Russian (thank God for that Firefox add-on I found!); then the mp3s for the scripted events refused to play in the station! So I converted them all to OGG, and they would play then. But then..... every time it would leave the scripted file and go back to the music, the music would be messed up!! A couple of times the song was sped up, but all the other times they were very slow. When that song would finally finish, the next one would fine. Until another scripted event played.

So I converted all the music to OGG too, and now everything seems to work fine.

I hope.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-10, 03:38 PM   #272
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I've added a set of French music files. See the first post for details.

Now you don't have to listen to the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over again using the Radio Saigon mod.

Old 05-17-10, 09:11 PM   #273
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default more french

good, I kind of like hearing foreing... (yeah... like you got some spanish stations... but you guys follow this... and even the BBC can be considered foreign cant it??)

thanks, will download and add to saigon station...

will you fold them into saigon?

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-10, 07:58 AM   #274
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza View Post
will you fold them into saigon?
I doubt that, because Saigon isn't one of my stations. Ziem created it, I'm just mirroring it. Also, including too much music limits where it can be uploaded to. That's why I didn't include the music in my new Russian station.
Old 06-22-10, 03:19 PM   #275
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I've added an add-on for the KHJ Radio mod. See the first post for details.
Old 06-24-10, 09:59 AM   #276
fred8615
Saint of the seas

I've created a second set of PSA's. See the first post for details.
Old 07-05-10, 10:28 PM   #277
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401

cannot download khj-part 7 from file front all others got no problem just this one would not download,is there anywhere else or from someone who has it.really appreciate it.haz
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 08:49 AM   #278
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
cannot download khj-part 7 from file front all others got no problem just this one would not download,is there anywhere else or from someone who has it.really appreciate it.haz
Replied to the PM he sent, but I wanted to post here too.

The file is available at two other sites. See the first post in the thread. Also, FF has always acted wonky from time to time. Eventually it will straighten up. But if you can't wait, just use one of the other sites.

BtS Mods does require registration to view and download, but Silenthunter Mods doesn't, at least for the radio stations.

BTW, I may have found another site to upload to. It's called Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com). It's ad supported for the free access, but it's unlimited upload and download too, and you can use an accelerator for downloads. And they don't seem to care about what you upload either, based on what I've been downloading from them, so I could upload the music too. The only problem is for a free account you're limited to 200 MB file sizes, and all my stuff is in 256. I'd have to redo them, and that would mean more files to download. But I am seriously considering it.

And finally, someone sent me a PM about torrenting the files. For various reasons that's just not an option.
Old 07-06-10, 08:55 AM   #279
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401

thank you for your pm,will try other sites as well,yeah i know ff is usually a pain.thanks again
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 11:00 AM   #280
BULL
Seaman

Downloads: 241
Default Trouble editing .ini file to add station

For some reason when I open up the .ini file using notepad and edit the file it will not let me save the file so I can add the station. Is this a Vista issue or did I miss something in the instructions? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
BULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 04:09 PM   #281
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL View Post
For some reason when I open up the .ini file using notepad and edit the file it will not let me save the file so I can add the station. Is this a Vista issue or did I miss something in the instructions? Any help would be appreciated.
Where did you install the game? If it was the default "C:/Program Files/" etc., or the 64 bit default folder, then yeah you have a problem. As part of the security features of Vista (and Win 7), you can't make changes to files inside those folders, especially Windows system files like .ini. If this is what you did, you have three options:

1 - Uninstall the game, then reinstall someplace else. It can be any other place on your C drive, or even better a second hard drive. Wherever you install to, as long as it's not the default "Program Files" folder, you can then edit the file.

2 - Turn off User Account Control. This should fix it, but I'm not positive. It will make your computer less secure though.

3 - Right click on the original file, or the folder it's in, or even the "Ubisoft" folder itself, then click on the "Security" tab. Then click the "Edit" button for the permissions, select each listed "Group or user names" and check the "Full Control" box. After doing all the groups, click "Apply." This should allow the file to be edited.

I really recommend you do #1 if at all possible. It solves all sorts of problems, and doesn't screw anything else up.
Old 07-13-10, 11:43 AM   #282
BULL
Seaman

Default Thanks

As you guessed it is in the default location so in the Program Folder (64bit) and that is giving me the problem.

As soon as I have finished up this patrol I am on I will uninstall and reinstall on a second hard drive that I have attached to the PC.

What if I for the time being just move the SH4 folder out of the Program Folder? Can I drag this to the other hard drive or will I break something if I do that?

Thanks again for you help... looking forward to getting radio workin on my sub.
Old 07-13-10, 12:25 PM   #283
roeddog
Nub

Downloads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL View Post
As you guessed it is in the default location so in the Program Folder (64bit) and that is giving me the problem.

As soon as I have finished up this patrol I am on I will uninstall and reinstall on a second hard drive that I have attached to the PC.

What if I for the time being just move the SH4 folder out of the Program Folder? Can I drag this to the other hard drive or will I break something if I do that?

Thanks again for you help... looking forward to getting radio workin on my sub.

Bull,
you can drag it to say C:\Program Files (x86)\.. but you will need to either create a shortcut on your desktop or use the one already there to change the start options Just right click the shortcut and select properties then select the shortcuts tab and change the dialogue boxes nest to target and start in: to reflect the drive and folders you moved it to.

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe"

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific"

where it was originally D:\Program Files\..\..\ i just changed the D to C and added the (x86) and it works fine
roeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 01:15 PM   #284
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeddog View Post
Bull,
you can drag it to say C:\Program Files (x86)\.. but you will need to either create a shortcut on your desktop or use the one already there to change the start options Just right click the shortcut and select properties then select the shortcuts tab and change the dialogue boxes nest to target and start in: to reflect the drive and folders you moved it to.

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\sh4.exe"

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific"

where it was originally D:\Program Files\..\..\ i just changed the D to C and added the (x86) and it works fine
Or just drag the "Ubisoft" folder.

I didn't even think of that method.
Old 07-13-10, 02:45 PM   #285
BULL
Seaman

Thanks - I will try this tonight if I can (after coaching 7 year olds at soccer if I still have the energy) and let you know if it works....

Tags
music, radio, radio stations