SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-08, 08:06 AM   #271
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Hmmm

minsc_tdp;
I started a new career last night with 6 tubes and had the same problem. I could audibly select the first four tubes but could not do the same with the aft two.

The common aspect appears to be fore and aft. With both the 10 tube sub and the 6 tube sub, selecting the forward tubes by voice worked like a charm. I couldn't select the aft four tubes (in the 10 tube sub) or the aft two tubes (in the 6 tube sub) by voice, I had to use the mouse to select.

Again, I started out by saying "I have 6 tubes" and "reset all tubes". So I'm either missing something or it's a glitch.

cheers,
Tomoose
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 03:20 AM   #272
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

Tomoose, are you using the Trigger Maru BAT file or the Stock BAT file?

There is a difference in how they are handled. Stock uses CSV id #15 from tubes.csv which is usually the W key to cycle tubes, based on the number you speak. This is because, in stock mode, that's all that is required. It seems to work from my basic tests outside of the game.

In Trigger Maru, it uses CSV id #15 to cycle the fore tubes only. When you speak an aft tube, it uses id #55, usually the Y key, from key_commands.csv which is "cycle aft tube". That also seems to still work fine.

My guess is you are running Trigger Maru and remapped your Y key?
Old 02-27-08, 08:13 PM   #273
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Definitely using TM .bat file

Perhaps that's my mistake. I wasn't aware of a "cycle aft tube" command.
I haven't remapped any keys that I'm aware of.
Here's what I do when first starting or after loading a mission and the sub is stationary in the water at surface;
"I have 10 tubes"
"set all tubes closed"
"reset all dials"
Once those commands are done then I begin/continue my mission etc.

When I go to the torpedo station I simply say "tube 1" etc to get the appropriate tube. I have not being saying "cycle aft tube" (although I did try "cycle tubes" but that didn't work either).

Am I supposed to actually say "cycle aft tube"? in order to get the game to respond to the higher numbers?
Old 02-28-08, 05:23 PM   #274
minsc_tdp
XO

Maybe "cycle tubes" is messed up. There is no "cycle aft tube" voice command to my knowledge. It's supposed to just know what tube you're on and use the right key.

Are you running Trigger Maru or not? If so, when you press Y on your keyboard, does it jump to the aft tubes? If not, then your Y key may be remapped to something else. The default TM config file as part of that mod uses the Y key for cycle aft. When you say "cycle tubes", if you're on the last fore tube, it should know that and switch from using W to using Y to start cycling aft tubes.

Does "tube 8" and "tube 9" work as expected? Again maybe it's just the cycle command which I didn't test the other night when I looked at this. I only tried "tube 8" and "tube 9" and "tube 1" to make sure it would jump back and forth properly in TM mode and Stock mode.
Old 03-03-08, 10:29 PM   #275
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Default SH3Speech Released!

All,
I have released SH3Speech, the version for Silent Hunter 3, which recognizes over 5000 commands in English or German. I am very grateful to minsc_tdp for writing the original SHSpeech code and for his assistance and corrections necessary to bring this project to fruition. You can download SH3Speech here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132228

R/
Tomcattwo
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 04:55 PM   #276
minsc_tdp
XO

Default links

I've updated the first post to fix a bunch of broken links. Also linked to TomcatTwo's SH3 mod!
Old 03-04-08, 05:00 PM   #277
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp
Are you running Trigger Maru or not? If so, when you press Y on your keyboard, does it jump to the aft tubes? If not, then your Y key may be remapped to something else. The default TM config file as part of that mod uses the Y key for cycle aft. When you say "cycle tubes", if you're on the last fore tube, it should know that and switch from using W to using Y to start cycling aft tubes.
The default key for cycling aft tubes in TMaru 1.7.6 is E. Duci changed it a few versions back.

Thanks for a great program btw. My girlfriend is going nuts every time I fire up SH4 and start "chatting"
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 08:34 AM   #278
kakemann
Samurai Navy

Location: Pretty close to the big german cruiser Blücher in Norway
Downloads: 29

I've tried to get it to work. Downloaded the SDK, but it seems liks the SDK only supports Windows XP.

I tried anyway, but when starting the bat file it opened the cmd and it stops and shows "restarting speech engine".

I have windows Vista premium.

Any suggestions?

Thanks anyway
kakemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-08, 04:57 PM   #279
minsc_tdp
XO

I have Vista, I will give it a try. I recall that it did work. You don't need the speech SDK since it's built-in to Vista, but maybe something changed from when I tested it a while back and now.
Old 03-12-08, 03:06 PM   #280
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Default Update to SH3Speech

Update for SH3Speech V 1.01 is available here:

SH3Speech V 1.01

Fixes tube issues, adds/revises a number of German orders for more correctness, adds new commands for manning battlestations in various modes, and support for commands_de.cfg so German players can play the game in German and still use SH3Speech without having to switch to English version of SH3.
R/
TC2
Old 04-20-08, 11:35 AM   #281
minsc_tdp
XO

Default update

Update
If you are enjoying shSpeech and wish to support me, please visit the new shSpeech page and click through some of the ads. It's not a lot of money but it's better than sending a donation (which you can also do if you're feeling generous! I am struggling to raise money to buy my first house...)
Old 04-24-08, 04:11 AM   #282
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

I got a question regarding this mod, do i need to have proper working windows speech recognizing software, because somehow my Vista doesnt have that software and i cannot find ANY instructions on how to get it..

Or is there an alternative program that can run the same thing?
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:30 AM   #283
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default MS SDK software

The MS SDK software is available from the Microsoft website. It's free and is easy to install.
Old 04-24-08, 11:36 AM   #284
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

It's for XP.. Not for Vista, or is it compabilitible with Vista too?
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 05:34 PM   #285
minsc_tdp
XO

I have used it with Vista and I know it works.

The key difference between XP and Vista is that you have to manually enable voice recognition in Vista. When you do this, a weird bar appears at the top of your screen with, if I recall correctly, a big button. This enables the voice recognition and then sh4Speech can hook into it. I believe you do this under Control Panel, search for Speech.

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 04-24-08 at 05:46 PM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote